[XAP] [12.11.2012] WMDC Launcher [Full unlock/Root Tools unlock]

Search This thread

marass82

Dec 11, 2009
www.windowsmania.pl
No reaction?

Welcome. I have problems with synchronization, or rather the lack of it.
Zune works well, everything is ok But when you run WM Device Center on my Omnia 7 of rom mi7rom, the lack of any of the computer, do not install any drivers at all, nothing happens.
The phone pops up:
CoreCon IPs:
IPS No!

I have Win XP and ActiveSync 4.5

sorry for my english

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Welcome. I have problems with synchronization, or rather the lack of it.
Zune works well, everything is ok But when you run WM Device Center on my Omnia 7 of rom mi7rom, the lack of any of the computer, do not install any drivers at all, nothing happens.
The phone pops up:
CoreCon IPs:
IPS No!

I have Win XP and ActiveSync 4.5

sorry for my english
IP list is empty if debugger was never runned. That's OK.
Check Device Manager on PC - you should get one more device there. Also make sure you have Zune installed and running.

Reactions: mirolg

marass82

Dec 11, 2009
www.windowsmania.pl
Still not working

IP list is empty if debugger was never runned. That's OK.
Check Device Manager on PC - you should get one more device there. Also make sure you have Zune installed and running.

Still not working, I installed everything on renewal and practically the same,
Zune works ok, etc., as before, at all, nothing has changed. Zune running, ActiveSync no reaction, the computer also detects nothing, as if nothing had changed during the run WMDC on your phone. in the device manager on my pc Portable Devices - OMNIA 7 and the second Windows Phone USB devices - Windows Phone USB

I do not know why it does not work:confused:

Last edited:

totalcmdext

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2006
Nokia 8.3 5G
I have the same issue with Win7 x64bit.

I have uninstalled the WDMC and drivers and installed again but without any solution.
The WMDC doesn't recognise the HD2 but zune and MAGDLR is operate properly.

manganoid

Sep 30, 2011
Hi, same problem here. i have Win 7 x64 AMD CPU and Omnia 7 on mi7ROM (fully unlocked). I deployed the XAP no problemo. i connected the phone, started the app and says 'OK' on all items except for CoreConno IPs: No IPs. And the most curious thing was that Win7 didn't recognise any new devices. I have to point out, though, that I couldn't install MAGLDR on Windows 7, and tried to install the WMDC while my phone WASN'T plugged in and it installedf but nothing new happened. I managed to install the MAGLDR when I plugged my Omnia 7, and THEN started the WMDC install exe (in my case 'drvupdate-amd64.exe') and only then did it recognise the "new" device and installed the necessary drivers to recognise my phone in storage mode. then I had to to the same when I plugged my phone in MAGDLR mode (again, I had to start the WMDC install, and only then it recognised my phone in MAGDLR mode and installed the necessary drivers, really weird). And now I have a flashed phone, works O.K. but when I tried this WMCD launcher app, nothing happens. Sooo, I plugged my phone with the app off, started Zune and then started the app. the app seems to be working fine but nothing happened on my PC so I started the WMDC install exe again, and it said that Windows 7 recognized a new device, installing the drivers, but then it says "Device unplugged" and no drivers are installed. i tried the same procedure with Zune on. i dunno what to do. I have windows phone power tools and it works but this method seems to elude me somehow. Any solution? PLS help

mizzour

May 25, 2008
any chance the development of this might include the ability to sync calender and contacts? If I'm not mistaken, both Windows Mobile and Windows Phone 7 both store this in a PIM.vol file

lucasryan

Dec 20, 2010
Tennessee
I am on Win7 x64 sp1, no problem here.

Just wanted to say i am also win7 64 sp1 and running mirom 1.3 and have no problems with connection, for those that are there has to be a step you skipped or something that failed, so maybe it wouldnt hurt to re-install everything even maybe the rom for those that had problems with the installation of roms, wmdc shouldnt have had anything to do with flashing a rom.

Reactions: ilam82

huangyz

Feb 8, 2006
GuangZhou
totally awesome stuff!! Long live XDA!
under win7, mine sequence is:
open zune & WMDC on PC, connect phone, run wmdc on phone, and wait WMDC connect automatically.
After that, you can browse EVERYTHING on phone storage! Even the 200M partition in HD2/SD Card

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
Windows XP + Active Sync problem

Hi,

I have Windows XP + Activesync but the Active sync doesn't sync my device.

Is it that on this computer I don't have Zune, Windows developers tools ?

Is it possible to view Folder structure without installing Zune etc ?

Thanks for advice.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
Aha, why to have Zune installed I don't understand ?

i dont know the details but id imagin it has something to do with you plugging a Windows Phone 7 device in to you computer connecting it to Windows mobile device centre and using a third party tool to enable a connection.

it needs zune because.... it needs it :)

This is some good work my friend, and i had forgotten how quick it is to browse a device using this!

marek1

Jun 1, 2007
Usti nad Labem
i dont know the details but id imagin it has something to do with you plugging a Windows Phone 7 device in to you computer connecting it to Windows mobile device centre and using a third party tool to enable a connection.

it needs zune because.... it needs it :)

This is some good work my friend, and i had forgotten how quick it is to browse a device using this!

Ok, thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDC Launcher
    Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
    Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
    Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
    • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
    • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
    • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
    • Native debugging.
    • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
    There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
    IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
    Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
    -No, not interop unlocked!
    -No, not developer unlocked!
    -No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA
    Added a special version compatible with next WP7 Root Tools release. Works with full unlock as well.
    It isn't the version that supposed to have newer ConmanClient binaries.
    really great work..
    i have install the xap and all works.
    so far so good, but where i can find the registry.
    the fileexplorer is showing to me, but no link to registry.

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?
    i don't know.. please help me.. i use hd7 with nextgen+ 2.6..

thanks
    Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.
    So Magrip, on May 15 you posted:
    On May 21 you posted:
    Either try to be more specific, or stop ****ting in the topic.

Does this mean a WP7 device shows up as sync-able in Windows Media Player, after it's connected via WMDC? Thanks.
    Answer:
    msdn at ms site said:
    The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Phone device. The functionality that RAPI provides includes the ability to manipulate the file system on the remote device, including the creation and deletion of files and directories. RAPI functions can be used to create and modify databases, either in the device's object store or in mounted database volumes. RAPI applications can also query and modify registry keys as well as launch applications and invoke methods on the remote device. Although most RAPI functions are duplicates of functions in the Windows Embedded CE API, a few new functions extend the API. Use these functions to initialize the RAPI subsystem and enhance performance of the communication link by compressing iterative operations into one RAPI call.
    Nothing about synchronization, I suppose, no?
    Current program allows full access to file system and registry of WP device from PC. No sync is implemented - neither to Outlook (contacts), nor to other things...