[Q] Installing Ubuntu on Android (Xperia Arc LT15i)

Search This thread

giorgobiani554

Dec 7, 2010
Tbilisi
Searching around the web I found this ( http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android ) interesting title and got very interested in it, unfortunately didn't find any download link or description on how to install or something similar. Please I'm very interested in this, hope others wish to install something except Android too, cause I'm really tired of stock laggy rom.:mad:

darth5zaft

Dec 16, 2011
kuala lumpur
Ubuntu had stated that ubuntu for android is only available to participating OEM. So u get the feature out of the box.. Something similar to Motorola webtop os.. I am also interested in it but I guess u have to wait until the end of the year for it. Currently the are ways to install ubuntu as a virtual machine. But it look difficult to install. And I doubt think arc hardware can Handel it

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

Reactions: giorgobiani554

giorgobiani554

Dec 7, 2010
Tbilisi
Thanks for quick reply guys, yea I saw that it need dual-core, but I think Arc's hardware will run Ubuntu, if my old crappy laptop can which is 1.2Ghz :D and 256Mb ram, I think my Arc will do too.

briandevlin

Nov 5, 2010
Thanks for quick reply guys, yea I saw that it need dual-core, but I think Arc's hardware will run Ubuntu, if my old crappy laptop can which is 1.2Ghz :D and 256Mb ram, I think my Arc will do too.

No, he is wrong, I've got it working perfectly on the Arc, will be posting a easy how to install ubuntu on the Arc.

So check dev section later. ;)

No Posted http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23609470#post23609470

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

Last edited:

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
Someone in the thread said the usb connectivity broke for his neo...whats the odds itll happen and is it fixable?

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
This is all he said 'Just want to say it broke many Neo USB connectivity
This was Neo though
Great work op'

rkanwar

Aug 23, 2010
West Bromwich
In order to run ubuntu in vnc do I need to run terminal everytime and cd to the ubuntu folder etc? Or just the first time? Ive ran ubuntu already straight after installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, he is wrong, I've got it working perfectly on the Arc, will be posting a easy how to install ubuntu on the Arc.

So check dev section later. ;)

No Posted http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23609470#post23609470

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium
    Ubuntu had stated that ubuntu for android is only available to participating OEM. So u get the feature out of the box.. Something similar to Motorola webtop os.. I am also interested in it but I guess u have to wait until the end of the year for it. Currently the are ways to install ubuntu as a virtual machine. But it look difficult to install. And I doubt think arc hardware can Handel it

Sent from my LT15i using XDA
    read the requirement first mate..DUAL CORE

from the ARC