[Q] EOS Android 4.2 real sdcard - permission denied

Search This thread

AaronMBuhr

Nov 16, 2012
I would post this in the appropriate developer forum and thread, but I'm not allowed since I'm apparently too new :p so hopefully someone who has an answer is watching this space...

Anyway first I let goo manager update me to 156, not realizing that was android 4.2. Everything looked and worked great except that I had to be root to write to the actual sdcard. Then, in order to start from a fresh slate so to speak I did a TWRP install then factory reset then EOS 4.2 nightly 156 again then the gbapps xoom only. Same problem. I did a TWRP external storage wipe. Same problem. Basically when running as the default android user I'm unable to write (possibly read too, not sure) to the real sd card (/storage/sdcard1). When I su to root, it all works fine, but that's not a solution for accessing the sd card from apps.

Help! Thanks.

virtuallypete

Jul 13, 2012
eos nightly on xoom wifi

What is your opinion of 4.2 on tablet? Trying to decide to go ROM, or wait until partition issue resolved to run ota. 4.2.1 on gnex has some nice features, like swipe typing, but wonder if it is worth all the work for my Xoom wifi. Thanks.

helkm28

Feb 11, 2012
Basically, you edit /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml and add the following:

<permission name=”android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” >
<group gid=”sdcard_rw” />
<group gid=”media_rw” />
</permission>[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try that

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
What is your opinion of 4.2 on tablet? Trying to decide to go ROM, or wait until partition issue resolved to run ota. 4.2.1 on gnex has some nice features, like swipe typing, but wonder if it is worth all the work for my Xoom wifi. Thanks.

I would wait. 4.2 is pretty slow on my Xoom and I saw some other guys with the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts