[rom]NEMESIS 2.5r2 gogo8008 TW4.3-FASTER THANuKNOWho-NICEBATT-THEMED-SIC-MK2-MDK++

Search This thread

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
The Nemesis Project for Verizon Safestrap and other S4 carriers/models
An Infamous/Jamison/gogolie Production!

RULES:

Before you start using this rom here are some things you need to know:

1. I am NOT updating every week (I work 6 days a week and have a 2 year old and Pregnant wife)...

2. Don't ask for ETA, this is rude and offensive. When it is done it is done.

3. Custom Roms come without warranty. They are tested before release but something always can go bad. So if you broke your phone or you got fired because the alarm didn't go off - I am not responsible.

4. Support is limited. Sometimes I can answer your questions sometimes I don't have the time. There will be times I don't have an answer so please do no repeat your question or get offended because I haven't answered you.

5. Don't compare ROMs. It is rude and offensive for developers. If the other rom has what you need, use that ROM.

6. Don't Kang my work. You may fool everyone else but I will know! If you want to use something just ask!

7. If you like my work, a five star thread rating and hitting the thanks button motivates me. :cool:

8. No flaming! We have all been a NoOb before. We are here to help each other.

9. Read the change log. All relevant important information is there first! i.e. Bugs and fixes if there are any at the time.

* Your warranty is now void.** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/By using the rom you agree with the above terms! (I've returned warranty void phones before to verizon they have no clue.)

HOW TO INSTALL:
1.Download ROM (and aroma addon if you need it) and place on SD
2.Reboot into recovery

3.Wipe / FORMAT / U MUST Create new rom slot (only if on SafeStrap obviously ;)

4.Install the ROM (this is my personal choice its got all I need and is essentials only much faster!) Reboot if on MK2 / Safestrap - Verizon and not installing aroma addon apps. MJ7 or other SS users flash modules & restart.

5.(THIS IS NO LONGER A SUPPORTED OPTION your free of will to try but know its buggy) Install Aroma Addon's choose NO WIPE and Rom Install or you'll end up wiping the rom.. The make sure to unselect MK2 SS VZW near end of aroma options. SS doesnt like that option so don't pick it unless you like bootloops ;) All apps in aroma are either Samsung, Google or an AOSP / free version of paid program. Nothing illegal or full versions for free... I wasn't aware i'd be packing an aroma so I lost track of where a lot of the ASOP/other apps are from. I did put Shaftie's Onyx Keyboard in place of the google keyboard that kept FC'n (still is even tho its not installed I know an am working on a new version) so stop at Shaftamle's sweet themed S4 keyboard thread and thank or donate to him if you like it!

6. If your not on another carrier or MDK model then restart after aroma...optionally you can flash the contacts fix now too before restarting........

7. If on ATT/Verizon MDK and not on Loki recovery, you need to flash Loki patch! - Loki patch.....Then install your usual or favorite kernel or try the bioshock 4.1 kernel from Jamison. If on a carrier other than Verizon you'll need to flash a compatability zip package a kernel (or SS module if Safestrap is available to you) and your carriers modem/apns. Please do not ask or request these here PM me if you can't find them by yourself but its a simple google search away...

8. Reboot if done installling

9. Wait five minutes for all to settle as this is a highly tweaked ROM check out the optional bootanim in aroma if you smoke nows a good time for one.

Set APNs if it didn't stick

Additional install info:
Driver for Viper4ANDROID = CortexA8 with NEON
Now enjoy the fastest and most customizible ROM for the S4.

About:

Official I9505 JSS15J.I9505XXUEMK9
BioShock™ Kernel by default - Source - except in Verizon version which has not KERNEL installed!!!
Apps to SD
Busybox
Rooted
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Zipalign on boot script
Sysro/sysrw
Carrier IQ Free
App/data Support
Debloated
3G/4G/Wi-Fi Speed And Signal Enhancements
Init.d Scripts
AOSP 4.2 Keyboard
Faster SD Card read/write
Nova 2.0
Removed Ads
Updated SU binary
Wifi Tethering
AOSP Browser with native sync
inverted GenieWidget.apk
CSC tweaks
InfamousCPU script
InfamousAPKboost script
CPU Sleeper script by my personal buddy Eugene373. Thanks Bro!
3Minit authorized distributor!!!

3Minit Framework by gharrington Please donate to him!! - Donate link Also please buy his donate app as it works best with our firmware!!! Link to the app on the play store
We are supporting the frameworks on our end. Do not go into his thread for tech support! Thanks
Xposed runs great along side of 3minit! There is nothing this update can't do.

Change log:

3/6/14 .713 Version Final until Original is Updated
No FC's with Phone or Contacts. Changed back to different ASOP Black.
Fixed bootanimation... and shutdown animations i had added for fun didnt work out originally should now...
all with this one until jamison updates it!

02/24/14
Version 2.5r2 gogolie's v8008
newest version of Nemesis for verizon - 3/1/14 - this includes different ASOP themed dialer and contacts matching the 3mint theme of the ROM. be sure to thank/buy a beer for Jamison just google him and Infamous as i can't post the link to original thread ?! there will be 2 inital FC's reguarding the new asop dialer but thats it the only time you'll get them is 1st install. updated setupwizard and a FIXED few other issues. please hold off on using the aroma installer unless you absolutely want to try it. i'm developing an aroma installer that will be generic and port any rom to from any S4 device instantly as well as mods,keyboards,apps and bootanimations. if you have anything you think deserves to make it in the installer post here. I havent seen an FC for a day so i'm considering it good to go. please post in the verizon thread any problems. gapps/user programs are more specific to what you've loaded so if you havent tried a different version or arent using the stock (by stock i mean what came with the rom) it probably isnt compatible. also added some early wip flash packs for major carriers/mdk to use with my ROMs please PM me results, they wont brick your phone as long as you flash the right one... actually no matter what they shouldnt but dont hold me responsible unless it works then donate ;)

Version 2.5.710
gogolie reworked this hard.
Updated nearly everything and added more options to aroma.
Forced to work with Safestrap and any S4 if kernel/modems are flashed after installing!
Removed broken keyboards added a lot of ASOP apps in place of originals probably about 50% ASOP apps too many to list more info on them available in aroma install addon

01/28/14
Version 2.0

- Dark Theme part2. A crap load more apps. :cool:
- Fixed APN issue on install for real this time
- More CSC tweaks ( wipe needed to take effect.)
- More language support
- More Aroma fixes
- More framework tweaks // Kitkat stuff
- Samsung keyborad doesnt like theme so FC still. Working on it
- Nemesis 3minit backup so you can open 3minit app and click restore then nemesis_backup to give you the full Nemesis feel!
- More kernel tweaks
- Added Lionheart governor that I personally tweaked

01/25/14
Version 1.5

- BioShock 4.0 tweaks
- added my personal fav governor ConservativeX
- Dark Theme part1
- Fixed APN issue on install
- Option to install Startup sound (it is very loud!)
- CSC tweaks
- Added back Call/message blocking
- Clean up Aroma
- Bookmarks

Known issues:

Found a bug?
Pull a log to help me help you

Screenshots from Verizon++ version:

IZ62.png

IZ6g.png

IZ7O.png

IZ7x.png

IZ8T.png

Thanks to all my THCX testers!

Downloads:

BRAND NEW 3.6.14 - V.713
LINK TO ROM

OLD VERSIONS:

(3/1/14):
2.5.r2 gogo v8008 - LINK for MK2 "VZW" / your phone if you want it.

2.5.r2 710 fix for ASOP themed dialer/contacts only flash if sticking with old 710 version do not / no need too flash if on new 8008

OLdies:
2.5r2.710 Verizon ROM AFH Link
2.5r2.710 Verizon Aroma X beta -9 Addon Link (this is a first version never meant for public consumption as it was a rough modification of the original and not necessary but I made it to hush the haters take it or leave it or wait for the real aroma installer ps doesnt include all the normal bloatware some things are missing or not there at all never will be so dont ask!)

for more downloads check out:
gogolie's Android File Host dev page full of kernels, safestrap modules, compatability packs and more roms ;)

Thank and Donate to Jamison904 and
to gogolie!

Last edited:

lazer9

Oct 17, 2007
Hermitage, PA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Wait! So if I understand OP directions properly, if we want Aroma options/installer, we actually flash the Aroma .zip first then the actual full ROM afterwards? Any wipes required in between or reboot before going to ROM flash? :confused:

guut13

Sep 23, 2010
Boston
Wait! So if I understand OP directions properly, if we want Aroma options/installer, we actually flash the Aroma .zip first then the actual full ROM afterwards? Any wipes required in between or reboot before going to ROM flash? :confused:

negative. Both downloads are full installs. The second one just uses aroma to let you pick and choose what you want.

Thanks @gigilie

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
update/fix/i dont think clearly at 430am ;P

actually i messed up on the OP really shoulda just left aroma out but ppl want options.. flash rom first then aroma in aroma chose no wipe and rom install. then pick apps..... but avoid pickin the auto selected MK2 SS Verizon box apparently SS doesnt like modules flashed twice or something havnt had time to investigate but all SS files including modules would have been flashed when the rom was. also the aroma is a beta I haven't testd all the compatibility packs yet if you have feed back or results(neg or positive on vzw or tryin a pack or a diff carrier) let me know... preferably via PM.

after a few hours on this version my contacts/phone started FC'ing / the phone or at least shortcut to it disapeared dont know if this will happen to anyone else but I whipped up a fix located in OP - downloads.... occasionally getting a google keyboard error still too even tho its not installed... probably going to have a patch or a new version with that fixed.

Reactions: lazer9

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
actually i messed up on the OP really shoulda just left aroma out but ppl want options.. flash rom first then aroma in aroma chose no wipe and rom install. then pick apps..... but avoid pickin the auto selected MK2 SS Verizon box apparently SS doesnt like modules flashed twice or something havnt had time to investigate but all SS files including modules would have been flashed when the rom was. also the aroma is a beta I haven't testd all the compatibility packs yet if you have feed back or results(neg or positive on vzw or tryin a pack or a diff carrier) let me know... preferably via PM.

after a few hours on this version my contacts/phone started FC'ing / the phone or at least shortcut to it disapeared dont know if this will happen to anyone else but I whipped up a fix located in OP - downloads.... occasionally getting a google keyboard error still too even tho its not installed... probably going to have a patch or a new version with that fixed.

Ok...once new release is issued I'll take it for a test drive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
update

Yes ty

Sent from my Beastly powered S4 using Tapatalk

your welcome guys!

PS new update check OP ignore inital 2 FC's they happen no matter what aren't important but thats it after first 2 in setup you shouldnt see another one! feel free to test these new m.a.r.c. packs PM me feedback but only flash if on carrier/firmware oh and 3 new roms later today after i get some sleep ;)

gogolie's MARC=Make Any ROM Compatible

MARC for Verizon MDK

for AT&T SafeStrap 3.71 - flashes MK2 modules and stock kernel (why kernel? I dont know a safety measure i suppose)
for AT&T non Safestrap *w unlocked BL*
for Sprint
for T-Mobile users w unlocked BL

for other carrier support PM me details with links to or files for carriers you'd like supported

These packs should be immediately flashed over any ROM after 1st installing it to "port" it to your system. i'll post my VZW SS MARC later today... No promises as to how well or compatible they'll b I have not had many other carrier phones in to root / mod lately so i'll need independent testing via users.
Thanks,
gogo

PPS: Anyone beat 29,893 for a score in AnTu's benchmarks? Personal best I know doesnt mean much but compared to 23-27k I'd get with HD thats cool. if you beat it or hit 30k lemme know and what ROM your using. thx

Last edited:
Reactions: FordNate

crossen0

Jan 15, 2011
Kansas City
Can I still use the aroma addons package with the latest update? I'm on the mdk bootloader and I'm using a loki'd recovery.

Edit: read the OP! Looking forward to the new aroma installer!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
I get status 7 errors while installing using Philz latest and doing all wipes needed. Questions though abour installing. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the OP n even the install instrucyions from within recovery. Ok so i tried the BB amd AB (thats Before Beer and After Beers) and same results both times. Do I need to flash A CZW kernel after install? ie Kronic KT? like i said i cant get it running and its Saturday night n I'm on 4 6% homebrews right now so i might need to do this in the morning. how do i get passed status 7, n no i wont switch to twrp but if needed i will gladly go to CWM

Reactions: pmania

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I get status 7 errors while installing using Philz latest and doing all wipes needed. Questions though abour installing. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out the OP n even the install instrucyions from within recovery. Ok so i tried the BB amd AB (thats Before Beer and After Beers) and same results both times. Do I need to flash A CZW kernel after install? ie Kronic KT? like i said i cant get it running and its Saturday night n I'm on 4 6% homebrews right now so i might need to do this in the morning. how do i get passed status 7, n no i wont switch to twrp but if needed i will gladly go to CWM

ok im gunna figure this out. i dont myself have philz i know the script from installer should work in twrp fine since thats safestrap but im checking on philz theres not still a "TWRP" mode or something in philz is there maybe that'd work otherwise gimme a day i'll check via a friends phone but I've used my script (fairly generic) on philz for tmobile before so i dont know why there would be a difference... i assume your a verizon mdk? as to the after install question I run it from stock obviously but your free to install any kernel this rom like all of the roms that are safestrap compatible should not flash a kernel. so your able to flash any of them you like I suggest your favorite but completely up to you. was designed to install and work with jamison's bioshock kernel 4 but that was removed of course ;) and since verizon took my mdk when i warrantied it (damn near started on fire in pocket) n gave me an mj7 i havent had many other mdk phones in from customers either a lot of mk2 tho. my roms working for mdk are more based on various users accounts and their praise for the roms. i have 1 mdk tester that i will see if he was able to install this newest version fine or what his results were and if he'd mind running it through philz otherwise i'll hit phil up too quick... either way i'll PM you what to do next. you will have Nemesis promise just toss me a beer when i figure it out? ;)

Reactions: FordNate

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
your welcome guys!

PS new update check OP ignore inital 2 FC's they happen no matter what aren't important but thats it after first 2 in setup you shouldnt see another one! feel free to test these new m.a.r.c. packs PM me feedback but only flash if on carrier/firmware oh and 3 new roms later today after i get some sleep ;)

gogolie's MARC=Make Any ROM Compatible

MARC for Verizon MDK

for AT&T SafeStrap 3.71 - flashes MK2 modules and stock kernel (why kernel? I dont know a safety measure i suppose)
for AT&T non Safestrap *w unlocked BL*
for Sprint
for T-Mobile users w unlocked BL

for other carrier support PM me details with links to or files for carriers you'd like supported

These packs should be immediately flashed over any ROM after 1st installing it to "port" it to your system. i'll post my VZW SS MARC later today... No promises as to how well or compatible they'll b I have not had many other carrier phones in to root / mod lately so i'll need independent testing via users.
Thanks,
gogo

PPS: Anyone beat 29,893 for a score in AnTu's benchmarks? Personal best I know doesnt mean much but compared to 23-27k I'd get with HD thats cool. if you beat it or hit 30k lemme know and what ROM your using. thx

You got me beat so far. I got 29,654 on Duxter light just now. It seems to be getting a little faster each time so maybe it is getting settled in. 29,465 before that.

Duxter sure has a beautiful theme.....

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
You got me beat so far. I got 29,654 on Duxter light just now. It seems to be getting a little faster each time so maybe it is getting settled in. 29,465 before that.

Duxter sure has a beautiful theme.....

I know right no one else knows bout it yet tho I actually beat your dux23 score 29,731 but I was still trying to figure out the keyboard on that sucker your one of 2 that got an early sneak peak ;) shes so slick might just put her out like this an have ppl upgrade keyboard to english themselves.

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I know right no one else knows bout it yet tho I actually beat your dux23 score 29,731 but I was still trying to figure out the keyboard on that sucker your one of 2 that got an early sneak peak ;) shes so slick might just put her out like this an have ppl upgrade keyboard to english themselves.

Sorry about that :cowboy: I'm a flashaholic as well.

I don't blame you. It is easy enough, The only thing I see on mine is that when I reboot I always get" the Process.com.android.phone has stopped working" message a couple of times. It doesn't seem to affect anything that I can tell.

update: must have been something I deleted. Reinstalled the rom and all is good now. I found a theme from the samsung galaxy s4 international forum and they work with these roms. MAD is a good one. I installed it on Nemesis.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422106

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Nemesis Project for Verizon Safestrap and other S4 carriers/models
    An Infamous/Jamison/gogolie Production!

RULES:

Before you start using this rom here are some things you need to know:

1. I am NOT updating every week (I work 6 days a week and have a 2 year old and Pregnant wife)...

2. Don't ask for ETA, this is rude and offensive. When it is done it is done.

3. Custom Roms come without warranty. They are tested before release but something always can go bad. So if you broke your phone or you got fired because the alarm didn't go off - I am not responsible.

4. Support is limited. Sometimes I can answer your questions sometimes I don't have the time. There will be times I don't have an answer so please do no repeat your question or get offended because I haven't answered you.

5. Don't compare ROMs. It is rude and offensive for developers. If the other rom has what you need, use that ROM.

6. Don't Kang my work. You may fool everyone else but I will know! If you want to use something just ask!

7. If you like my work, a five star thread rating and hitting the thanks button motivates me. :cool:

8. No flaming! We have all been a NoOb before. We are here to help each other.

9. Read the change log. All relevant important information is there first! i.e. Bugs and fixes if there are any at the time.

* Your warranty is now void.** I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.*/By using the rom you agree with the above terms! (I've returned warranty void phones before to verizon they have no clue.)

HOW TO INSTALL:
    1.Download ROM (and aroma addon if you need it) and place on SD
    2.Reboot into recovery

3.Wipe / FORMAT / U MUST Create new rom slot (only if on SafeStrap obviously ;)

4.Install the ROM (this is my personal choice its got all I need and is essentials only much faster!) Reboot if on MK2 / Safestrap - Verizon and not installing aroma addon apps. MJ7 or other SS users flash modules & restart.

5.(THIS IS NO LONGER A SUPPORTED OPTION your free of will to try but know its buggy) Install Aroma Addon's choose NO WIPE and Rom Install or you'll end up wiping the rom.. The make sure to unselect MK2 SS VZW near end of aroma options. SS doesnt like that option so don't pick it unless you like bootloops ;) All apps in aroma are either Samsung, Google or an AOSP / free version of paid program. Nothing illegal or full versions for free... I wasn't aware i'd be packing an aroma so I lost track of where a lot of the ASOP/other apps are from. I did put Shaftie's Onyx Keyboard in place of the google keyboard that kept FC'n (still is even tho its not installed I know an am working on a new version) so stop at Shaftamle's sweet themed S4 keyboard thread and thank or donate to him if you like it!

6. If your not on another carrier or MDK model then restart after aroma...optionally you can flash the contacts fix now too before restarting........

7. If on ATT/Verizon MDK and not on Loki recovery, you need to flash Loki patch! - Loki patch.....Then install your usual or favorite kernel or try the bioshock 4.1 kernel from Jamison. If on a carrier other than Verizon you'll need to flash a compatability zip package a kernel (or SS module if Safestrap is available to you) and your carriers modem/apns. Please do not ask or request these here PM me if you can't find them by yourself but its a simple google search away...

8. Reboot if done installling

9. Wait five minutes for all to settle as this is a highly tweaked ROM check out the optional bootanim in aroma if you smoke nows a good time for one.

Set APNs if it didn't stick

Additional install info:
    Driver for Viper4ANDROID = CortexA8 with NEON
    Now enjoy the fastest and most customizible ROM for the S4.

About:

Official I9505 JSS15J.I9505XXUEMK9
    BioShock™ Kernel by default - Source - except in Verizon version which has not KERNEL installed!!!
    Apps to SD
    Busybox
    Rooted
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    Zipalign on boot script
    Sysro/sysrw
    Carrier IQ Free
    App/data Support
    Debloated
    3G/4G/Wi-Fi Speed And Signal Enhancements
    Init.d Scripts
    AOSP 4.2 Keyboard
    Faster SD Card read/write
    Nova 2.0
    Removed Ads
    Updated SU binary
    Wifi Tethering
    AOSP Browser with native sync
    inverted GenieWidget.apk
    CSC tweaks
    InfamousCPU script
    InfamousAPKboost script
    CPU Sleeper script by my personal buddy Eugene373. Thanks Bro!
    3Minit authorized distributor!!!

3Minit Framework by gharrington Please donate to him!! - Donate link Also please buy his donate app as it works best with our firmware!!! Link to the app on the play store
    We are supporting the frameworks on our end. Do not go into his thread for tech support! Thanks
    Xposed runs great along side of 3minit! There is nothing this update can't do.

Change log:

3/6/14 .713 Version Final until Original is Updated
    No FC's with Phone or Contacts. Changed back to different ASOP Black.
    Fixed bootanimation... and shutdown animations i had added for fun didnt work out originally should now...
    all with this one until jamison updates it!

02/24/14
    Version 2.5r2 gogolie's v8008
    newest version of Nemesis for verizon - 3/1/14 - this includes different ASOP themed dialer and contacts matching the 3mint theme of the ROM. be sure to thank/buy a beer for Jamison just google him and Infamous as i can't post the link to original thread ?! there will be 2 inital FC's reguarding the new asop dialer but thats it the only time you'll get them is 1st install. updated setupwizard and a FIXED few other issues. please hold off on using the aroma installer unless you absolutely want to try it. i'm developing an aroma installer that will be generic and port any rom to from any S4 device instantly as well as mods,keyboards,apps and bootanimations. if you have anything you think deserves to make it in the installer post here. I havent seen an FC for a day so i'm considering it good to go. please post in the verizon thread any problems. gapps/user programs are more specific to what you've loaded so if you havent tried a different version or arent using the stock (by stock i mean what came with the rom) it probably isnt compatible. also added some early wip flash packs for major carriers/mdk to use with my ROMs please PM me results, they wont brick your phone as long as you flash the right one... actually no matter what they shouldnt but dont hold me responsible unless it works then donate ;)

Version 2.5.710
    gogolie reworked this hard.
    Updated nearly everything and added more options to aroma.
    Forced to work with Safestrap and any S4 if kernel/modems are flashed after installing!
    Removed broken keyboards added a lot of ASOP apps in place of originals probably about 50% ASOP apps too many to list more info on them available in aroma install addon

01/28/14
    Version 2.0

- Dark Theme part2. A crap load more apps. :cool:
    - Fixed APN issue on install for real this time
    - More CSC tweaks ( wipe needed to take effect.)
    - More language support
    - More Aroma fixes
    - More framework tweaks // Kitkat stuff
    - Samsung keyborad doesnt like theme so FC still. Working on it
    - Nemesis 3minit backup so you can open 3minit app and click restore then nemesis_backup to give you the full Nemesis feel!
    - More kernel tweaks
    - Added Lionheart governor that I personally tweaked

01/25/14
    Version 1.5

- BioShock 4.0 tweaks
    - added my personal fav governor ConservativeX
    - Dark Theme part1
    - Fixed APN issue on install
    - Option to install Startup sound (it is very loud!)
    - CSC tweaks
    - Added back Call/message blocking
    - Clean up Aroma