New Update ANE5

Search This thread

nightfox11

Apr 30, 2010
Venice
Updated my GS5 this morning to G900TUVU1ANE5 with Odin, so far the phone feels faster ( opening camera/Gallery) no UI changes except for the new Wi-Fi Calling toggle on the notification bar.

Reactions: tenxo

vegabyson

Jul 8, 2008
Just receive the update OTA and my phone is much more responsive. Opening apps, camera, etc

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: tenxo

ramzy101

Jun 14, 2012
nashville
Can you just flash the update philz recovery or do you need stock recovery? And is it okay if I have a custom kernel on my stock rom or do I need stock kernel as well

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

cdjaney

Feb 2, 2012
I hope this isn't a dumb question, but. ... can we assume that the update is "safe" to take OTA? What I mean is, are we pretty sure tmobile is not going to lock the bootloader in an update?

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: lazyn00b

penpower

Oct 8, 2006
Could someone make the modem available? Thx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cjk2010

Dec 3, 2010
NYC
Is that all this update is, an SMS/MMS fix? Whats the size of the update if anyone knows.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is it sad i already have stock tar uploading, firmware tar made, odex made(finalizing).. and starting work on deodex? i def did this update with the quickness LOL thanks @em0ney14 for pm'ing me this morning and letting me know and thanks op as well!
    Awesome will have odex and deodex bases up by this afternoon

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    You're on it Beans! Do you plan on rebasing Alliance on the new OTA?
    ya definetly
    I hope this isn't a dumb question, but. ... can we assume that the update is "safe" to take OTA? What I mean is, are we pretty sure tmobile is not going to lock the bootloader in an update?

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app
    no if history repeats itself no ota will lock the bootloader only when a phone is initially releases the bootloader would be locked, aka all att phones before s4 are unlocked and still havent been locked by an ota. just new phones have been locked
    Could someone make the modem available? Thx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    ya will post shortly
    Is that all this update is, an SMS/MMS fix? Whats the size of the update if anyone knows.
    this has all the other goodies that the international update had, finger scanner fix, camera fix, misc fixes. its also based off of 4.4.2 r2 not r1
    I am not sure which modem you are attempting to flash = however, Samsung stopped rolling out this update because of issues with the Modem - many people were seeing their data speed drop off significantly.

Beans has a thread in Development section for the Stock Rom that came from this update - and he has also extracted the MOdem for anyone who wants to flash it - you might look there - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760314

I don't know if I helped - but good luck -

By the way - if you think people speak in "code around this place" considering this is a forum created by Developers for Developers - this should not be a surprise.

XDA was not created to help people who wanted to play around with their phones.... but by the grace of those developers who offer help, we can learn from them ways we can get more out of our phones by using the tools and software that they create. If I were you - I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds you by talking nasty to them...