Thanks Meter: 10

By saditch, Member on 9th April 2013, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2013, 07:18 PM |#101  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lawton, OK
Thanks Meter: 4,497

More
Also just fyi htcdev blocks via cid/mid. When att HTC one officially launches it will be blocked on HTC side

Sent from my HTC One VX using xda premium
14th April 2013, 07:24 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
What are y'all choosing on HTC dev site.."all others"?

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium
14th April 2013, 07:41 PM |#103  
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMc85

There is some trickery going on with the at&t Rom. Just uninstalled all the bloat with TB such as navigator, family map, etc... Rebooted and it was all back. Wtf lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I've had this before on other phones. I've used root explorer and deleted then from the system/app or data/app folders.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmztaylor

Also just fyi htcdev blocks via cid/mid. When att HTC one officially launches it will be blocked on HTC side

Why wouldn't it already be blocked by HTC? Is it something they have to do on their end and only do it a couple days before release?

The Following User Says Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidiac13 Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 07:42 PM |#104  
Flag Surprise, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Well. Now debating whether or not to keep the developer edition. I'm getting the second batch so it'll ship once the AT&T is actually released. I'll wait and see if it gets blocked on the HTC side once released.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th April 2013, 07:57 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rename thread?
This thread goes on for 8 pages of "the bootloader is locked, buy the dev version if you ever want to mod your phone ever" panic before the issue is resolved. I almost stopped halfway through and figured, "well, I'll spend the extra 300$ and get the dev version". You might be able to save some sad soul hundreds of dollars if you add [solved] or something to the thread name. Just an idea.
14th April 2013, 08:32 PM |#106  
Flag Surprise, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavoe

This thread goes on for 8 pages of "the bootloader is locked, buy the dev version if you ever want to mod your phone ever" panic before the issue is resolved. I almost stopped halfway through and figured, "well, I'll spend the extra 300$ and get the dev version". You might be able to save some sad soul hundreds of dollars if you add [solved] or something to the thread name. Just an idea.

It's not solved yet if in fact it gets blocked on the HTC side once the phone is actually released on AT&T. We will need confirmation after the 19th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
14th April 2013, 10:29 PM |#107  
Flag Fayetteville, NC.
Thanks Meter: 682

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

Why wouldn't it already be blocked by HTC? Is it something they have to do on their end and only do it a couple days before release?

He doesnt know Droidiac, he's just guessing. (i hope i'm right ) Yes its by cid (not mid). No earlier phones to compare this to that i know of. The HTC one was released way early by walmart and some others and it was locked down way before original release. If they were going to lock it i believe it would already be locked. Does anybody know of any HTC phone that started out unlocked and then got locked?? Maybe all the BBB complaints and flame posts all over facebook (OG ATT HTC One X) have made them change their stance. I'm sure it had to look bad with all the negative posts, there were hundreds that went on for months..The One X+ was unlockable, and still is unlockable. Why lock the ONE? Because its flagship? the X+ was the flagship when it was released, that cant be it.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavoe

The entire thread is only 6 pages...
14th April 2013, 11:21 PM |#108  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo

11 lol.. depends on your view settings for posts per page
14th April 2013, 11:24 PM |#109  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lawton, OK
Thanks Meter: 4,497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugzo

He doesnt know Droidiac, he's just guessing. (i hope i'm right ) Yes its by cid (not mid). No earlier phones to compare this to that i know of. The HTC one was released way early by walmart and some others and it was locked down way before original release. If they were going to lock it i believe it would already be locked. Does anybody know of any HTC phone that started out unlocked and then got locked?? Maybe all the BBB complaints and flame posts all over facebook (OG ATT HTC One X) have made them change their stance. I'm sure it had to look bad with all the negative posts, there were hundreds that went on for months..The One X+ was unlockable, and still is unlockable. Why lock the ONE? Because its flagship? the X+ was the flagship when it was released, that cant be it.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I'm not guessing. I know this for a fact. Why it isn't locked yet? I dunno. But I do know they weren't suppose to be released yet for sale. So that does play a part in it. Maybe they are still determining the total to be shipped to att. I don't know the reason. But I bet come April 19th we won't be able to unlock. And I'm not just trolling. I preordered mine the minute it started for preorder at att store. So I'm hoping it is unlockable when it arrives this week. I hope I am wrong but the people I know aren't wrong.

14th April 2013, 11:32 PM |#110  
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,421

Donate to Me
More
Lol android central just made an article about it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
14th April 2013, 11:35 PM |#111  
Flag In a Box, Washington State
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me