FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.0 :: [2019-11-01]

595 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,832
 
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2018, 12:11 AM |#10501  
osm0sis's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,577
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudbwoi

Aswell as your app? You have a link please or is it in playstore?

Eh? I don't have an app, and just said I switched to it on one of my devices so that doesn't make any sense if I had made it.

Ad blockers aren't available on the Play Store anymore, as mentioned in the OP. It's here on xda and Google will find it for you pretty readily.. don't be lazy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2018, 12:27 AM |#10502  
guest4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudbwoi

Aswell as your app? You have a link please or is it in playstore?

You may try DNS66 (Block ads/hosts via DNS) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.jak_linux.dns66 - and Blokada ad blocker (The ad blocker - battery efficient, fast, powerful and simple to use) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.blokada.alarm

Both are FLOSS and have similar concepts and functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
23rd February 2018, 12:47 AM |#10503  
Ultramanoid's Avatar
Senior Member
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,276
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruudbwoi

Aswell as your app? You have a link please or is it in playstore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

You may try DNS66 (Block ads/hosts via DNS) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.jak_linux.dns66 ...

XDA thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-root-t3487497
 
The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
23rd February 2018, 07:58 AM |#10504  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I was wondering if there is a way to collect statistics how often / how much blocks my AdAway installation is realizing during my daily usage.
In best case even broken down to source & target.

Is there already some kind of solution for that question?

I can imagine redirecting to a self-controlled IP could be a way and run stats on that host then. But i am open for other / better ideas.

If it is the prefered way i could create a related issue on the projects github page as well
23rd February 2018, 08:58 AM |#10505  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,384
 
More
Delete
23rd February 2018, 11:14 AM |#10506  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,141
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddufte

I was wondering if there is a way to collect statistics how often / how much blocks my AdAway installation is realizing during my daily usage.
In best case even broken down to source & target.

Is there already some kind of solution for that question?

I can imagine redirecting to a self-controlled IP could be a way and run stats on that host then. But i am open for other / better ideas.

If it is the prefered way i could create a related issue on the projects github page as well

Since traffic could be routed to webserver already, I think all needs to be done is add logging in there. I don't think that's too hard to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaqman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaqman89 Ad-Free
23rd February 2018, 02:26 PM |#10507  
ktmom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,423
 
More
@dddufte, I may misunderstand, but it sounded to me that you might be suggesting this feature should be added to the app. It seems to me this is a rare use case and would bulk out the app unnecessarily.

If adding this as a feature is what you're suggesting, why not consider creating a hosting service yourself that users could redirect to and get the stats. IMHO, this "plugin" approach is more in line with the philosophy of Linux development.



"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
23rd February 2018, 02:36 PM |#10508  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

@dddufte, I may misunderstand, but it sounded to me that you might be suggesting this feature should be added to the app. It seems to me this is a rare use case and would bulk out the app unnecessarily.

If adding this as a feature is what you're suggesting, why not consider creating a hosting service yourself that users could redirect to and get the stats. IMHO, this "plugin" approach is more in line with the philosophy of Linux development.



"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

Hey,
and thanks for the feedback.

To be honest.....i posted to get some feedback about options i might already have before i am trying to implement a solution for myself.
I already assumed that forwarding to a non local ip (self-hosted web service) might be a possible solution to easily run some kind of stats.

I fully understand that adding such a function might be out of focus of the developers.
The Following User Says Thank You to dddufte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dddufte Ad-Free
23rd February 2018, 05:10 PM |#10509  
r4Rok's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 315
 
More
How is when combining AdAway with either Blokada ad blocker, Or DNS66, because mininguard isn't available on Nougat. Or, can anyone suggest other ad blocker to go BEST with AdAway?
23rd February 2018, 07:42 PM |#10510  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r4Rok

How is when combining AdAway with either Blokada ad blocker, Or DNS66, because mininguard isn't available on Nougat. Or, can anyone suggest other ad blocker to go BEST with AdAway?

You can use MinMinGuard on nougat.
You need to enable beta version to show in xposed in order to see the version which works with nougat.
I'm on nougat too and currently using it.
24th February 2018, 05:14 PM |#10511  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
How can I remove the ad placements in the sites?
I have to pass safetynet because I use android pay. I think xposed is not for me. Help me please

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

How can I remove the ad placements in the sites?
I have to pass safetynet because I use android pay. I think xposed is not for me. Help me please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes