Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is a great application! THANKS
Google removed it maybe because their other free apps' adds will be removed
4th August 2013, 03:02 AM |#402  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Just sharing this app that works great for a d f . L y and similar other webs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.DeAd.fp

it show the original link to bypass a d f . L y

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rodaven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodaven Ad-Free
4th August 2013, 06:59 AM |#403  
Flag boston
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks
4th August 2013, 05:42 PM |#404  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Working good on vzw gs3, cm10.1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
5th August 2013, 11:24 AM |#405  
Thanks Meter: 373

More
I installed this on Android 4.2.2 and I cannot make it block any ads. Even when I start the TCP Dump it finds no entries
5th August 2013, 04:02 PM |#406  
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 364

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hshah

I installed this on Android 4.2.2 and I cannot make it block any ads. Even when I start the TCP Dump it finds no entries

Did you reboot after updating the host files?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
5th August 2013, 05:40 PM |#407  
Thanks Meter: 373

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braneless

Did you reboot after updating the host files?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Figured out what it was... my Data APN had a proxy set which I had to remove for this to work.
5th August 2013, 10:19 PM |#408  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 2,867

Donate to Me
More
Whenever I "kill" the app. And then go back into it, it has the red "X" mark meaning it's not activated/working. When I go to a test page (Yahoo.com) to see if ads are there, they are indeed still there. Do I need to keep the app running in the backround at all times for it work?
6th August 2013, 01:43 AM |#409  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 380

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Whenever I "kill" the app. And then go back into it, it has the red "X" mark meaning it's not activated/working. When I go to a test page (Yahoo.com) to see if ads are there, they are indeed still there. Do I need to keep the app running in the backround at all times for it work?

Putting aside the question of why you need to kill the app, unless you are doing automatic updates, once you have downloaded and applied the changes to your host file the app does not need to run. The app will automatically start at boot and I believe every time there is a change in your connectivity. So no it doesn't need to run in the background unless you turned on automatic updates but then in my opinion neither does it need to be killed.

As far as the ads on yahoo.com try using these directions to manually find and add hostnames to your blacklist:

https://github.com/dschuermann/ad-away/wiki/BlockNewAds
6th August 2013, 08:29 AM |#410  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodaven

Just sharing this app that works great for a d f . L y and similar other webs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.DeAd.fp

it show the original link to bypass a d f . L y

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

It says " item not found "
6th August 2013, 09:24 AM |#411  
Thanks Meter: 821

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poi25

been using adaway for awhile and love the app, but it seems like something changed recently, because I don't remember this ever happening awhile back.

adaway removes the ads, but leaves what I'm gonna call the Android 404 page in its place. It has the little green android guy, and it says "Webpage Not Available: The webpage black blah blah blah might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Suggestions: Make sure you have a data connection, Reload this webpage later, Check the address you entered."

It used to completely remove it and it'd be white space or whatever the background is in it's place, but now these 404 errors are everywhere. It's just annoying.

Is this normal and how it's always been? I remember it differently somehow, but there's a good chance I'm just going crazy. I've uploaded an example from the pirate bay, there's a good amount of ads there so I can show you.

+ 1
This is true. I'm using Maxthon browser and pressing back in the browser starts somehow closing those Android 404 pages instead of going back from the page I'm currently in.
So if I have 8 Android 404 I have to press back 9 times to go back on a page.
This happens on other sites. I had to stop using add away in order to be able to browse OK in my internet browser.

Could this be fixed somehow. I love add away and I don't want to stop using it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)