Recognized Contributor
/
Thanks Meter: 3,206

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasbra

Thanks for reply.

In apps for example sofascore a get all ads showed. In chrome
I see a lots of popups that before never see.
To check I have download adblock browser and it block
All ads.
In apps I get ads only through Facebook.com graph.Facebook.com
But if I add it to blacklist Facebook app doesn't work.

Maybe I need to add more host list to adaway..

If I understand you correctly, AdAway is working fine, some ads are blocked, but you'd like to block others. It's unclear which source files you use with AdAway but you can use the DNS Request Log to blacklist other hosts if you need to. Now might be a good time to review the AdAway documentation. Keep in mind that some ads within apps do not go through local DNS at all and therefore nothing in the hosts file can block them, with or without AdAway. Specifically, Facebook uses MANY different ad serving hosts (and "Facebook.com" is not one of them!).

Contrary to what the name might suggest, "Adblock" has nothing to do with AdAway.
26th February 2016, 09:33 AM |#5502  
Flag Terracina (LT)
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B.

The webserver is a simple optional service. Make sure your ROM doesn't have any process that tries to "optimize" apps or forcibly closes background [processes. Unfortunately you don't provide any specifics, but this is definitely not a generic Marshmallow issue. Have you looked for clues in your logs or asked wherever your ROM is supported?

I'm running Stock android 6.0.1 rooted with latest supersu. I just use greenify and amplify with no restrictions on adaway
26th February 2016, 10:27 AM |#5503  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Yes you can certainly delete the /data/hosts file and try to let AdAway recreate it for you. If you have a "rootless" configuration, have you tried the suggested ZIP from the OP (using the default /system/etc/hosts target file in AdAway)? Without knowing all the details of your configuration it's difficult to guess. You may want to take a look at your logs for possible clues.

I was trying to delete the hosts file but its seems that I don't have permissions for that even that im root
this is the msg is got : rm: data/hosts: Permission denied
Any idea?
is it something with trwp ?
26th February 2016, 01:47 PM |#5504  
Recognized Contributor
/

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofir_a

I was trying to delete the hosts file but its seems that I don't have permissions for that even that im root
this is the msg is got : rm: data/hosts: Permission denied
Any idea?
is it something with trwp ?

Probably not much to do with TWRP (current version is 3.0, not your 2.8.7.0). However, the TWRP File Manager might be a convenient way to delete that mysterious /data/hosts file so that you can start over, either by letting AdAway try and recreate it or, if you are using a "systemtless" root, by flashing the ZIP and keeping all default settings.

You still don't give many details about your configuration, but have you looked wherever your ROM and root are supported for related reports. Once again, the issue is not AdAway, it's your apparent inability to write to /system. Getting rid of S-ON would be ideal, but you might also have root issues with which we can't help much, sorry.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lparcshinoda

I'm running Stock android 6.0.1 rooted with latest supersu. I just use greenify and amplify with no restrictions on adaway

Is the webserver the only part giving you trouble? Does it start, but then disappears eventually, or does it never starts? You still haven't given us any details (device, ROM, root method, etc.) but you should probably start by temporarily disabling greenify, amplify and anything that similarly terminates or blocks background processes. Alternatively, you could also look at your logs and look for relevant messages.
26th February 2016, 01:57 PM |#5505  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 98

More
For information twrp 3.0 is buggy, does not wipe properly system or data. From now stay with 2.8.7 ... Waiting for a new version.

Envoyé depuis Tapatalk
26th February 2016, 02:06 PM |#5506  
Recognized Contributor
/

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcook

For information twrp 3.0 is buggy, does not wipe properly system or data. From now stay with 2.8.7 ... Waiting for a new version.

Not quite accurate. There is no obvious need to update if 2.8.7.x works for you, but 3.0 adds quite a few features and works fine for many people/devices. In any case, this would be best addressed in a thread about TWRP recovery, not here!
27th February 2016, 12:54 AM |#5507  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Not quite accurate. There is no obvious need to update if 2.8.7.x works for you, but 3.0 adds quite a few features and works fine for many people/devices. In any case, this would be best addressed in a thread about TWRP recovery, not here!

Webserver starts but disappear when app is put on background. I've deactivated greenify, amplify and xposed, cleaned data and uninstalled adaway. Reinstall and flash from recovery the adaway zip for systemless root I'm using (latest SuperSU beta) and no solution. It was working before. My device: Nexus 5

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
27th February 2016, 01:16 AM |#5508  
Recognized Contributor
/

More
Quote:

Webserver starts but disappear when app is put on background. I've deactivated greenify, amplify and xposed, cleaned data and uninstalled adaway. Reinstall and flash from recovery the adaway zip for systemless root I'm using (latest SuperSU beta) and no solution. It was working before. My device: Nexus 5

It would be useful to specify what you changed since "it was working before".

The "systemless" ZIP merely creates a permanent bind to bypass the restrictions on directly writing to /system/etc/hosts in your configuration. It's not specific to AdAway and unrelated to the separate webserver service. If you flashed that ZIP, make sure to point AdAway to the default /system/etc/hosts, but that too is not relevant to your webserver woes.

If your SuperSU version (which beta? 2.65 is the current stable release) installed a "systemless" root, you may want to make sure that your busybox is in the standard /system/bin/ and not in /su/bin/. Looking at your log should help you spot the problem.
27th February 2016, 09:21 AM |#5509  
Flag Terracina (LT)

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It would be useful to specify what you changed since "it was working before".

The "systemless" ZIP merely creates a permanent bind to bypass the restrictions on directly writing to /system/etc/hosts in your configuration. It's not specific to AdAway and unrelated to the separate webserver service. If you flashed that ZIP, make sure to point AdAway to the default /system/etc/hosts, but that too is not relevant to your webserver woes.

If your SuperSU version (which beta? 2.65 is the current stable release) installed a "systemless" root, you may want to make sure that your busybox is in the standard /system/bin/ and not in /su/bin/. Looking at your log should help you spot the problem.

Many thanks for your help, it seems that the problem was Busybox (didn't know that it needed another path to work). After uninstalling and reinstalling in /system/bin it's not working like a charm
27th February 2016, 09:40 AM |#5510  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Does latest AdAway work with shield android tv latest version 6.0?
27th February 2016, 02:26 PM |#5511  
Recognized Contributor
/

More
Quote:

Many thanks for your help, it seems that the problem was Busybox (didn't know that it needed another path to work). After uninstalling and reinstalling in /system/bin it's not working like a charm

This was not really an AdAway issue and SuperSU's optional "systemless" approach causes quite a few similar annoyances, but it was easy enough to correct in this case. For future reference, you probably could have solved your own problem quickly by simply searching this thread for "webserver"...

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc-uk-88

Does latest AdAway work with shield android tv latest version 6.0?

If you have a properly rooted android 6.0 configuration that allows you to edit /system/etc/hosts, there should be no special problems. Try it, it doesn't hurt! Remember that AdAway won't help with ads embedded in apps such as the official YouTube (a common question from Android TV users).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike B. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike B. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)