[LNX]Rhobuntu on HTC ELF 09-11-2010

Search This thread

captainstu72

Dec 17, 2009
I'll have a play on lunch - but I don't know if I have enough time, but thank you very much for linking this in!

If I do't have time on my lunch - I'll give it a go on my lunch!

Panchiron

Feb 2, 2010
Hello, Walter, and thank you for sharing this.

I´m fighting with my Elfin but I think Rhobuntu needs at least 1,6 GB of free space in the SD card.

So, with my 1GB card, I think I´m sold :rolleyes:.

Greetings.

jonnigin

Sep 4, 2008
BANGALORE
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am using HTC TOUCH GSM.
I have installed the Rhobuntu.
It opens up till the main screen and hangs..
no pointer movement and the screen resolution is too small..
I am not even able to scroll and see the full screen.
It hangs :(..
need help..

Last edited:

killkenny

Jan 10, 2008
Madrid
I am using HTC TOUCH GSM.
I have installed the Rhobuntu.
It opens up till the main screen and hangs..
no pointer movement and the screen resolution is too small..
I am not even able to scroll and see the full screen.
It hangs :(..
need help..

I have the same problem after starting the desktop and the icons bar on the botton, the device show the keyboard but I'm not able to move the cursor with the stylus.
please note that the device shows me only part of the keyboard, seem like that the resolution is wrong.
During the startup the font changes size. can be related to the wrong resolution??
No actions can be done with the sistem.

thanks and let me know if more information is need

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
This thread made me come up with a new prefix for these threads.

[LNX]

So put [LNX] in threads for Non Android Linux builds. So users can easily identify or search for specific threads.

Spread the word mate ;)

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
With /dev/input/event3 it works well.

AmiPro wrote a new detection script for touchscreen.

Now Rhobuntu works on HTC ELF.

Last edited:

nightly_shadow

Jan 9, 2009
yo.. you know what is Elfin device code? i got to edit the startup.txt to make this LXDE runs on it. thanks!

ste81x

Jun 10, 2008
Hello excuse, you could tell me how to replace the init file? I tried to follow the explanation at the beginning of the post, but I could not mount the file ubuntu.img, in any way. I tried with a live ubuntu, but it did not work. I tried to mount the. IMG file with magic disc but can not mount it. I guess not enough to replace the init file in the destination folder? I tried but during boot change the resolution, and the screen remains fixed on a keyboard in the middle where you can not interact. As was the case before ... Could you explain in detail how to replace the init file, or at least to run on the touch rhobuntu elf?If you want to write me a pm. Thanks
P.s. sorry for my bad English

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Hello excuse, you could tell me how to replace the init file? I tried to follow the explanation at the beginning of the post, but I could not mount the file ubuntu.img, in any way. I tried with a live ubuntu, but it did not work. I tried to mount the. IMG file with magic disc but can not mount it. I guess not enough to replace the init file in the destination folder? I tried but during boot change the resolution, and the screen remains fixed on a keyboard in the middle where you can not interact. As was the case before ... Could you explain in detail how to replace the init file, or at least to run on the touch rhobuntu elf?If you want to write me a pm. Thanks
P.s. sorry for my bad English

Download Ubuntu LiveCD

http://www.ubuntu.com/

Run liveCD

- copy Ubuntu.img to the root of your harddisk (c:\ for example)
- open terminal
- open folder of Ubuntu.img (cd /media )
- mount Ubuntu.img ( sudo mount -o loop Ubuntu.img /mnt )
- run: sudo nautilus (FileManager)
- select "show hidden files"
- copy new init to /mnt
- close nautilus
- maybe you have to end the nautilus task in terminal with CTRL+C
- umount Ubuntu.img ( sudo umount /mnt )

- copy new init to /mnt

gouravjoshi

Dec 19, 2009
Mumbai
Failed to find Ubuntu.img on SD Card

Hi,

Thanks for a good initiative. I've HTC Touch GSM (HTC ELF) (P3450) in India. I always keep changing OS on my mobile. I was waiting for Linux on it. I downloaded Rhobuntu and replaced the init in img file also replaced STARTUP.TXT and zimage file with the given one. Now when I start herat I get

1osetup: /dev/block/loop2: No such file or directory
Failed
Failed to find Ubuntu.img on SD Card.
/bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
/#_

After the hash (#) the cursor keeps blinking.

Can you please help me what I have done wrong.

Gourav

Last edited:

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Hi,

Thanks for a good initiative. I've HTC Touch GSM (HTC ELF) (P3450) in India. I always keep changing OS on my mobile. I was waiting for Linux on it. I downloaded Rhobuntu and replaced the init in img file also replaced STARTUP.TXT and zimage file with the given one. Now when I start herat I get

1osetup: /dev/block/loop2: No such file or directory
Failed
Failed to find Ubuntu.img on SD Card.
/bin/sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
/#_

After the hash (#) the cursor keeps blinking.

Can you please help me what I have done wrong.

Gourav

http://xdaforums.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ubuntu_on_the_Rhodium#Installation

did you replaced the init file?

gouravjoshi

Dec 19, 2009
Mumbai
Thanks buddy, I managed to get it installed. Mistake was mine, I copied Ubuntu.img file in ubuntu directory. as i moved it out on storage card root, it got installed.

But after installation there was a big key board on screen which i managed to drage down with stylus. but what I feel is the resolution need to be changes as it is showing everything so big.

Also, I tried to make a call to this device, we get ring at device from which I was calling, but there was nothing on the device on which I install rhobuntu. also I could not make a call from here. Can you help me in these cases.

Found something while starting rhobuntu, you may be interested to know.
While starting rhobuntu from haret.exe at one point it shows starting ophono daemon something, where it says can't create signal descriptor file. is it helpful to resolve this issue?

Gourav

Last edited:

gouravjoshi

Dec 19, 2009
Mumbai
Hi,

Got installed the Rhobuntu can access it. Facing two issues on it as follows;

1. Phone function not working as ofono daemon says - can not create signal filedescriptor: Function not implemented

2. Resolution are not as per device.

Please anybody help me to get all this working.

Gourav

Top Liked Posts