4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2012, 04:55 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I may be able to help a bit
I happen to have a recovery usb key that was sent to me by Icon fitness. I will load a copy of it as soon as I can I just have to get to my computer. The tablet on the C2150 does seem to be rooted out of the box (mine was) Maybe some one can figure out how to get netflix to work on landscape mode on this thing.

29th April 2012, 01:05 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
C2150 rooting
Haven't had time to try rooting tablet and side load any apps. This for now seems to be our only option because our tablets arent yet supported by the google play store. Netflix would be great as well, especially in landscape mode while exercising.
Once I have the time and the means to recovery, I'll give rooting a go and side load some apps. The main drive appears to have plenty of room for extra apps but the sd card is about maxed straight from Icon/Nordictrack. Thanks to all in advance!

Update. USB Recovery Keys are 99 dollars with shipping. You may be able to obtain one free from Nordictrack if you are able to convince them that you have an actual problem with your device. I've read several posts stating that folks have had to actually order console replacements because of glitches with the firmware. Don't be surprised if ICON uses that approach before sending you an USB recovery key for free. I just paid the 99 dollars for the peace of mind because hardware issues are rare this day and age. It's mostly firmware that's buggy! Once I've got the USB Recovery Key then I'll get started and post progress etc for other users to follow or not.

Update. I misspoke earlier, the sd card has plenty of storage and the internal drive does not. Now trying some suggested methods to root device. Decided not to wait till jump drive recovery usb key shows up from icon. I'll post findings.
1st May 2012, 04:17 AM |#23  

More
Ifit usb restore files
Here are the files from the USB key from ICON fitness. I got mine when My C2150 had a failed update. I am sure this will be helpful. I would do an attachment but its over 600MB so here's a link to the files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xz8pqm882...store.zip?dl=0
The Following User Says Thank You to mikeyman2171 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikeyman2171 Ad-Free
2nd May 2012, 01:23 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does anyone know if the 7" tablet in the C1750 is the same as the 10" tablet (except for screen size).
2nd May 2012, 02:02 AM |#25  

More
From what I can tell and from what I got from people who repairs them the tablet is the same for the most part as long as you got one with the capacitive screen. If you got the resistive screen then the hardware in the tablet is different as it is an older rev. I will keep checking to know for sure.
jsteelm
6th May 2012, 11:50 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman2171

I happen to have a recovery usb key that was sent to me by Icon fitness. I will load a copy of it as soon as I can I just have to get to my computer. The tablet on the C2150 does seem to be rooted out of the box (mine was) Maybe some one can figure out how to get netflix to work on landscape mode on this thing.

I got the C2150 and I noticed an su on the device but couldn't seem to execute it. Maybe I did it wrong I dunno. Been working with *nix for many years, but it's possible. I did side load Plex on this thing as I had it from a titanium backup from my old atrix. Seems music plays fine. However when playing a video, only the sound works. No picture. I think this may have to do with me editing my build.prop to be a SGS2 though (which did me no good market wise) I'm hoping your recovery usb will have an original build.prop in it.

Btw... is this a COMPLETE recovery for a C2150 basically to restore the thing to default factory?
16th May 2012, 08:13 PM |#27  

More
Yes this is a COMPLETE recovery for a C2150. It will restore the treadmill to default.
23rd May 2012, 05:45 PM |#28  
Flag West Harrison, IN
Thanks Meter: 11

More
How can you tell (by asking current owner) if the 9500 has the second generation hardware? is there a set of serial numbers or a model number change? Is the capacitive screen "glass" and the resistive plastic covered (aka like phones)
4th July 2012, 12:53 AM |#29  

More
NordicTrack Elite 9500 Pro ifit restore files
I upgraded my NordicTrack Elite 9500 Pro using the update firmware option on the machine to find it completely useless... After searching I found the firmware upload for the other model and decided to upload the files I was just sent from Icon for the actual NordicTrack Elite 9500 Pro. Simply download the package found here (ok just found out that i cant put links since this is my first post ever... pretty lame! Anyway here they are without the h t t p or w w w):

rapidshare.com/files/2207485734/NordicTrack_Elite_9500_Pro.rar
(insert world wide web in front of this link)badongo.com/file/27581132

Decompress the volume and place the contents on the root of a USB drive. So you should have two files one the root of your USB drive, they are:
mp10.tgz
ifit-video.tgz
6th July 2012, 03:51 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I'm looking at getting a new treadmill and would love to be able to root one of these for Netflix alone. Hmmm. Solid treadmill from the reviews I've seen.
5th August 2012, 11:26 PM |#31  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio

More
Tablet
I have a complete functioning upper unite with the keyboard, monitor etc. sitting here in the Cincinnati, OH area. If anybody locally wants to come and pick it up, send me an email. No, I do not want to ship it, it is bulky, heavy and I do not have the time...

Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by N00dle

I'm looking at getting a new treadmill and would love to be able to root one of these for Netflix alone. Hmmm. Solid treadmill from the reviews I've seen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)