Downgrade to original SPL 1.04

Search This thread

mysharif

May 17, 2007
HELP HELP :( :(

Hi All ..i'm totally lost here. :( I've tried to look for guideline to downgrade to original SPL 1.04 but i cudn't find any.I installed the latest m3100 unlock software v3a doing so my SPL is now version 1.4 Olipro. For warranty purposes how do I downgrade back to 1.04? I'm sorry this problem might have been addressed somewhere on the forum..if so cud someone provide the link to the thread on this. thank you so much.

boz

May 14, 2006
Click on the mrvanx guide at the bottom of my signature, it will tell you how to downgrade in the guides.

Hi All ..i'm totally lost here. :( I've tried to look for guideline to downgrade to original SPL 1.04 but i cudn't find any.I installed the latest m3100 unlock software v3a doing so my SPL is now version 1.4 Olipro. For warranty purposes how do I downgrade back to 1.04? I'm sorry this problem might have been addressed somewhere on the forum..if so cud someone provide the link to the thread on this. thank you so much.

beastfellow

Jun 10, 2007
Lahore
I have been there mrvanx guide. but he don't have the solution to this problem. Just to downgrade the rom to wm5 not the SPL.

mysharif i think we have to shout again.

Help us anybody there we are stuck here.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
OK guys the SPL downgrade can be done by downgrading to SPL 1.10.oli then flash any ROM with SPL 1.04 in it.

The only reason i can see that you wish to downgrade to 1.04 is because of a warranty issue. What is the problem with your devices??

beastfellow

Jun 10, 2007
Lahore
You are great. I hope it will work for my Imate JasJam. Last night I was flashing my ROM with the original ROM but modified with NBH decomplie too by dutty. Before that I wrecked my device as I used the flashing of ROM using the latest sensation of loading the SSPL to RAM by des. That was my mistake that I used the original ROM. Then I removed the USB cable as it was taking too much time and because of danger to my imate I did that. Anyhow I got the NO GSM error but then I ran the Dutty's WM6v2 cooked ROM and it fixes all the things I am using it now.

The reason for my Imate JasJam degrade is my jog is not working according to its function. You know jumping from field to field. I didn't found any of that problem solution till the page of 30 in threads and posts. I am searching but if anybody knows the link. Kindly help me. So that I will save a trip to see the warranty people. (here we don't have ladies receptionists ;) )

aquasesh

Jan 6, 2004
Munich
tokyosky.to

I have the same problem. My touchscreen is dud and Softbank is very anal about the bootloader and warranty. im stuck with Olipro 2.10 and tried flashing the latest softbank rom. When i try via USB/Windows it gives me error 260.
Flashing with MicroSD works, but after a few attempts, its still Olipro bootloader...any ideas?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I have the same problem. My touchscreen is dud and Softbank is very anal about the bootloader and warranty. im stuck with Olipro 2.10 and tried flashing the latest softbank rom. When i try via USB/Windows it gives me error 260.
Flashing with MicroSD works, but after a few attempts, its still Olipro bootloader...any ideas?

Ofcourse...because flashing an original RUU it doesnt recognise the new bootloader (Hence your 260 error), and HArdSPL doesnt allow itself to be overwritten by a retail RUU. IF you read through the HArdSPL threads you would know this.

GreatGrey

Mar 30, 2007
Anchorage
www.ptarmigannest.net
OK guys the SPL downgrade can be done by downgrading to SPL 1.10.oli then flash any ROM with SPL 1.04 in it.

The only reason i can see that you wish to downgrade to 1.04 is because of a warranty issue. What is the problem with your devices??

Hmmm, just yesterday (Thursday) I was asked by a VP at our company if that could be done. I was reluctant to say yes, but mrvanx comes thru with a fix.

The VP is in fact worried about having to return some devices to Vodafone, and he want to make them look "original" when they go back.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Hmmm, just yesterday (Thursday) I was asked by a VP at our company if that could be done. I was reluctant to say yes, but mrvanx comes thru with a fix.

The VP is in fact worried about having to return some devices to Vodafone, and he want to make them look "original" when they go back.

Just flash SPL 1.10.oli.......................then flash a vodaphone ROM, dont use 'force SSPL', just use autodetect.

Pawel062

Dec 29, 2006
well to get spl 1.04 all u have to do is take rom koch and the wm5 rom u are downgrading to. first downgrade os. then take that rom and using rom koch split it into parts and just take the spl and make it into a nbh and use the custom ruu on here. select force sspl and itll make ur spl 1.04. this is a quick guide and do this at own risk. using this method i got my first 8525 to aku 3.5 att and original spl. if marvanx comfirms i didnt make any mistakes i can make a new thread with pics and all so we cna add this to resources and stop the questions.

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
well to get spl 1.04 all u have to do is take rom koch and the wm5 rom u are downgrading to. first downgrade os. then take that rom and using rom koch split it into parts and just take the spl and make it into a nbh and use the custom ruu on here. select force sspl and itll make ur spl 1.04. this is a quick guide and do this at own risk. using this method i got my first 8525 to aku 3.5 att and original spl. if marvanx comfirms i didnt make any mistakes i can make a new thread with pics and all so we cna add this to resources and stop the questions.

Or you could just wait until my guide is finished?? ;)

You dont need to use the rom koch ... duttys nbh tool is far more appropriate for this since we aint doing any cooking.

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Or you could just wait until my guide is finished?? ;)

You dont need to use the rom koch ... duttys nbh tool is far more appropriate for this since we aint doing any cooking.

Hi mrvanx, some input to go into your guide (in case you havent come across this yet).

While flashing 1.10Oli under Vista, users may run into a problem where after loading SSPL and the phone goes into (SSPL) bootloader mode, the RUU program cannot detect the phone and returns an error.

This is due to the Vista drivers for HTC USB Sync. The driver needs to be manually "updated" just like in your Vista flashing guide. In this case, while the phone is in SSPL bootloader mode, go into device manager, replace the default HTC USB Sync driver with the USBAS one from your Vista flashing guide.

Then soft reset the phone, and try again. Worked for me.

For some reason, SSPL bootloader may appear as a different device to Windows than the hard/standard bootloader, so even if the Vista procedure has been performed before, it looks like it needs to be done also for SSPL.