Thanks Meter: 13,580

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2013, 03:42 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Press&hold for like ten seconds.

Did that a few times with no success. I used the nexus toolkit to flash CWM from fastboot mode, and I was able to boot into CWM and do a factory reset. Now stuck at the google screen, going to try flashing back to stock

3rd February 2013, 04:05 AM |#172  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godvsnietzsche

Did that a few times with no success. I used the nexus toolkit to flash CWM from fastboot mode, and I was able to boot into CWM and do a factory reset. Now stuck at the google screen, going to try flashing back to stock

Good to hear that you got out of the boot loop.
3rd February 2013, 12:20 PM |#173  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godvsnietzsche

I just got stuck in this same bootloop. Was trying to upgrade to PA pie 6, was wiping dalvik cache and it rebooted, now I can't find a way out of this bootloop.

did this happen with 2.4.0m or 2.4.1?
wanted to upgrade to 2.4.1 (since I skipped 2.4.0) but since I'm also on PA, I'm a bit worried now
3rd February 2013, 03:31 PM |#174  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doumer

did this happen with 2.4.0m or 2.4.1?
wanted to upgrade to 2.4.1 (since I skipped 2.4.0) but since I'm also on PA, I'm a bit worried now

Yeah, wondering if v2.4.1 fixes these other issues "some" of us had with v2.4??
3rd February 2013, 07:09 PM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Re: [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.1.0 touch recovery [2013-02-01]
I upgraded this morning to see if the backup restore bug was gone.....nope. I successfully created a backup with 2.4.1. but when I tried to restore it, it kept rebooting to the TWRP recovery screen after the "restoring archive one" status. I tried four times to restore and the same thing happened at the exact same spot. I then flashed 2.3.3 in recovery, and restored my backup. Now, i did get ONE reboot at the same spot, but it completed on the second attempt.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium
3rd February 2013, 09:40 PM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidas

I upgraded this morning to see if the backup restore bug was gone.....nope. I successfully created a backup with 2.4.1. but when I tried to restore it, it kept rebooting to the TWRP recovery screen after the "restoring archive one" status. I tried four times to restore and the same thing happened at the exact same spot. I then flashed 2.3.3 in recovery, and restored my backup. Now, i did get ONE reboot at the same spot, but it completed on the second attempt.

I wonder if there are some intrinsic differences in the hardware of the various devices that could account for an issue like that because so far I have had zero problems with TWRP. Is there like a hardware batch # or anything if the sort?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
3rd February 2013, 10:48 PM |#177  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,290

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrurouni

I wonder if there are some intrinsic differences in the hardware of the various day vices that could account for an issue like that because so far I have had zero problems with TWRP. Is there like a hardware batch # or anything if the sort?

There can be a a number of things that could create such an issue.
I am not suggesting this is the problem - I am only using this as one example of a possible problem.

Apex Launcher v1.4.2 had an issue where it created a huge number of directories, like this:

Code:
/data/media/0/Android/data/apexlauncher/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/PA/
This can create a problem for an app or archiver if unexpected. The person who reported this was using a Nexus 7 3g 32gb. Not sure which recovery.

My only point is that there are external factors which could also create the issue.

4th February 2013, 02:07 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 335

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidas

I also had this backup problem, exactly, with 2.4.0. I noticed high heat on my device right where the CPU is. I mean really high, hot to the touch, then the device crashed and booted back to recovery and hung at the TWRP splash screen. This happened on 3 attempts in a row. I rolled back to 2.3+ and all was back to normal.
I did pull a log from within TWRP to try to catch errors, but saw nothing in the log.. ..odd.

4th February 2013, 02:50 PM |#179  
Flag Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12paq

I also had this backup problem, exactly, with 2.4.0. I noticed high heat on my device right where the CPU is. I mean really high, hot to the touch, then the device crashed and booted back to recovery and hung at the TWRP splash screen. This happened on 3 attempts in a row. I rolled back to 2.3+ and all was back to normal.
I did pull a log from within TWRP to try to catch errors, but saw nothing in the log.. ..odd.

Do you have the old 2.3 handy? can you share it?
4th February 2013, 03:04 PM |#180  
Warren, MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevillarroel

Do you have the old 2.3 handy? can you share it?

Look here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/manta
4th February 2013, 03:20 PM |#181  
Flag Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 190

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wptski

Look here: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/manta

Excellent, thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)