FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][manta] TWRP 3.1.1-0 touch recovery [2017-05-19]

1,705 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,580
 
Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2016, 05:49 PM |#661  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 810
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepa71

3.0.2-0 has problem installing OMNI 6 with dirty flash and preserving gapps. just FYI.

3.0.0-0 works just fine.

What happens when you try to dirty flash Omni 6 with TWRP 3.0.2?
Recovery.log or it didn't happen
 
 
13th April 2016, 04:58 AM |#662  
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 153
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fif_

What happens when you try to dirty flash Omni 6 with TWRP 3.0.2?
Recovery.log or it didn't happen

I know it's really hard to believe

It flashes fine with no error, but Gapps FC. btw it does not happen with 3.0.0-0
16th April 2016, 09:23 PM |#663  
three west's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 89
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepa71

I know it's really hard to believe

It flashes fine with no error, but Gapps FC. btw it does not happen with 3.0.0-0

Unfortunately I just discovered the same thing
16th April 2016, 11:57 PM |#664  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 810
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by three west

Unfortunately I just discovered the same thing

Well, I was saying in post #657 in this thread that 3.0.2-0 and 3.0.0-1 were having SELinux issues. 3.0.1-0 is likely to have the same problems but I didn't check it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=66217389

Scanno had rebuilt 3.0.2-0 and there's a link here in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=66364970 with a working 3.0.2-0 manta TWRP build.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
9th January 2017, 04:42 PM |#665  
Junior Member
Flag Idaho State
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
New girl on the block flashing TWRP
Hello everyone.
Most of this is new to me. Some information I have read I understand, but the real techno stuff I get a bit lost.

I have Manta 5.1.1 rooted. Before I tried any of this I backed up my device with Titanium Pro to Google drive.

FYI: I have researched everything I could find and read 54 pages of this block without finding my answers. So I thought it time I ask the big boys and girls for their professional assistance.

I was using the TWRP Manager app, when I realized I wanted the real TWRP. I read before I could download TWRP 3.0.2-0, I needd to install an earlier version. I installed v2.8.4.0. So far so good. I copied the image for v3.0.2-0 to my device using TWRP v2, used File Explorer to find my new image, flashed it.

This is wear things get confusing. The flash took. I wiped what I was suppose to.....eventually I wiped EVERYthing (after 8 attempts). When I boot into Recovery I have v3.0.2-0. When I boot into the System I have v2.8.4.0.

I just booted back into recovery and TWRP v3.0.2-0 shows up on the screen that says, "Unmodified System Partition" and swipe to allow modifications.
I have done this over and over. I am hoping someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong.

My other option would be to restore my Titanium backup, and try installing TWRP some other way.

Two more questions question: after fixing TWRP, can I restore my backup to get my apps back?
Now would be a good time to install a custom ROM that is STABLE, and I can do fun things with. I have read many reviews. Is there a custom ROM that is fun, stable and would upgrade my nexus to marshmellow or nougat - and have all my features work. I need my camera.

Thank you,
LoriAnn - the new girl
10th January 2017, 08:14 AM |#666  
mr.natural's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schell0385

...

This is wear things get confusing. The flash took. I wiped what I was suppose to.....eventually I wiped EVERYthing (after 8 attempts). When I boot into Recovery I have v3.0.2-0. When I boot into the System I have v2.8.4.0.

I just booted back into recovery and TWRP v3.0.2-0 shows up on the screen that says, "Unmodified System Partition" and swipe to allow modifications.
I have done this over and over. I am hoping someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong.

My other option would be to restore my Titanium backup, and try installing TWRP some other way.

Two more questions question: after fixing TWRP, can I restore my backup to get my apps back?
Now would be a good time to install a custom ROM that is STABLE, and I can do fun things with. I have read many reviews. Is there a custom ROM that is fun, stable and would upgrade my nexus to marshmellow or nougat - and have all my features work. I need my camera.

Thank you,
LoriAnn - the new girl

- just uninstall the twrp app should do the trick. (Meaning you can only use twrp in recovery mode)
- yes you can restore your apps
- if you want a very stable ROM, stick to KitKat. And forget about Nougat as the camera is not working on any of them ATM.
10th January 2017, 08:19 PM |#667  
Junior Member
Flag Idaho State
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Fixed it...not sure how
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.natural

- just uninstall the twrp app should do the trick. (Meaning you can only use twrp in recovery mode)
- yes you can restore your apps
- if you want a very stable ROM, stick to KitKat. And forget about Nougat as the camera is not working on any of them ATM.

------------------------

Yes....I was always in recovery mode. TWRP would switch back and forth between versions. Now I am wondering if I could have two versions in my internal memory. I am going into file explorer to see if I can see anything.

Is it possible to have two versions of TWRP in internal memory......would it be on the SD Card portion or in the System partition? I will explore and see what I can find.

Isn't KitKat very old? I had Manta.....which I liked but I wanted to try flashing a custom ROM. I flashed aosp with khaon kernel..........
but i will put this in another thread.
ANYWAY, after I flashed the ROM - when I go into recovery I have TWRP v.3

Thank you for replying!!
14th January 2017, 01:59 AM |#668  
Senior Member
Flag Arese
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schell0385

------------------------

Yes....I was always in recovery mode. TWRP would switch back and forth between versions. Now I am wondering if I could have two versions in my internal memory. I am going into file explorer to see if I can see anything.

Is it possible to have two versions of TWRP in internal memory......would it be on the SD Card portion or in the System partition? I will explore and see what I can find.

Isn't KitKat very old? I had Manta.....which I liked but I wanted to try flashing a custom ROM. I flashed aosp with khaon kernel..........
but i will put this in another thread.
ANYWAY, after I flashed the ROM - when I go into recovery I have TWRP v.3

Thank you for replying!!

Probably you have inadvertently flashed the old recovery in system partition... No big deal, flashing a good rom from TWRP 3.0.2.0 will straighten things up.

A very good MM ROM I am using now as my daily driver is Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 compiled by Corinna. Fast, stable, everything working. I do not recommend Kahon's kernel unless you plan to use f2fs (which I don't recommend either, really no point to it), because it does not have Low Memory Killer, and after a while things do get very slow to the point you have to reboot.

My recommendation again goes to RR, see thread in development section.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk
11th February 2017, 07:12 PM |#669  
linsalata28's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rio Grande
Thanks Meter: 2,160
 
Donate to Me
More
I just got one of these and unlocked the bootloader then rooted and flashed the latest TWRP. I'm having a issue with making backups. It's just not making them. It said it was backing up and completed but when I look on the internal memory there is no TWRP folder with a backup. There is a file only named TWRP and says 0b. Should I roll back to 3.0.1?
Thanks for any replies.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
11th February 2017, 10:09 PM |#670  
drewski_1's Avatar
Senior Member
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,609
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsalata28

I just got one of these and unlocked the bootloader then rooted and flashed the latest TWRP. I'm having a issue with making backups. It's just not making them. It said it was backing up and completed but when I look on the internal memory there is no TWRP folder with a backup. There is a file only named TWRP and says 0b. Should I roll back to 3.0.1?
Thanks for any replies.

are u looking in TWRP, or in OS

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to drewski_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drewski_1 Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 01:28 AM |#671  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 810
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linsalata28

I just got one of these and unlocked the bootloader then rooted and flashed the latest TWRP. I'm having a issue with making backups. It's just not making them. It said it was backing up and completed but when I look on the internal memory there is no TWRP folder with a backup. There is a file only named TWRP and says 0b. Should I roll back to 3.0.1?
Thanks for any replies.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I've seen that happen sometimes: check /data/media/TWRP (as root or booted under TWRP).
Sometimes, TWRP puts its directory there instead of /data/media/0/TWRP.
I've never found out why

If that's the case, it's okay to move the directory to its right location and symlink the bad location.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fif_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fif_ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes