FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] LG G2 WiFi speed

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By yonef, Senior Member on 18th March 2014, 10:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can someone explain why my LG G2 connects at 39 mbps to wifi router N(150 mbps) ?
I have 2 other phones and tablet and they all connect to 150 mbps link speed and internet speed is realy blazing fast.
On my G2 I got around 2 MB/s MAX, usualy ~ 1 MB/s (I thought that G2 supports all kind of wifi standarts - a, b, g, n, AC ?)

P.S. router has latest firmware! No other devices has this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-18-11-30-11.png
Views:	1195
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	2636705  
18th March 2014, 05:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Are you connected over 2.4 or 5 GHz? That can make a huge difference. Use 5 GHz band if possible.
18th March 2014, 06:11 PM |#3  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonef

Can someone explain why my LG G2 connects at 39 mbps to wifi router N(150 mbps) ?
I have 2 other phones and tablet and they all connect to 150 mbps link speed and internet speed is realy blazing fast.
On my G2 I got around 2 MB/s MAX, usualy ~ 1 MB/s (I thought that G2 supports all kind of wifi standarts - a, b, g, n, AC ?)

P.S. router has latest firmware! No other devices has this problem.

In the wifi settings choose 5gz only and see if it will connect.
18th March 2014, 07:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

More
No difference at all, I've tried to use 11N only and bgn-mixed - still no difference. G2 connects to router using link 40-50 mbit and the best download speed achived is ~2 MB/s other devices ~10 MB/s
...I have another N router - same problem there..

any other suggestions ?
18th March 2014, 08:01 PM |#5  
Quote:

No difference at all, I've tried to use 11N only and bgn-mixed - still no difference. G2 connects to router using link 40-50 mbit and the best download speed achived is ~2 MB/s other devices ~10 MB/s
...I have another N router - same problem there..

any other suggestions ?

You realize that its 150Mbps INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mbps wifi transfer between internal devices..

Not out to the internet..

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n

You realize that its 150Mb INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mb wifi transfer between internal devices..

So you should test moving one file from your tablet to your phone, then see the speeds.. also turn on airplane mode to ensure you are using your wifi..
18th March 2014, 09:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars0n

You realize that its 150Mbps INTERNAL. Not external. Meaning. You get 150Mbps wifi transfer between internal devices..

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

So you should test moving one file from your tablet to your phone, then see the speeds.. also turn on airplane mode to ensure you are using your wifi..

1) Yes I realize that. BUT the thing is that I have INTERNET download speed of ~15 MB/s AND other devices download with ~12 Mb/s

I've tested to download file from my local PC to LG phone using wireless storage and I barely get over 2 MB/s. I'm definitely using WiFi as I turned off data network.
Also, other phone tablet and PC shows Link connection speed 150 Mbps, only G2 is connecting to the routers on 39 Mbps or even lower.

very weird problem
18th March 2014, 09:33 PM |#7  
Quote:

1) Yes I realize that. BUT the thing is that I have INTERNET download speed of ~15 MB/s AND other devices download with ~12 Mb/s

I've tested to download file from my local PC to LG phone using wireless storage and I barely get over 2 MB/s. I'm definitely using WiFi as I turned off data network.
Also, other phone tablet and PC shows Link connection speed 150 Mbps, only G2 is connecting to the routers on 39 Mbps or even lower.

very weird problem

very weird indeed. now im gunna have to go home and test myself =D
19th March 2014, 08:20 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

More
Can you post the results after that? Please note "link Speed" when you connect to the router (as the screenshot on first post)
19th March 2014, 06:08 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have been having this problem since I got this phone

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
30th March 2014, 07:31 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Plovdiv

More
I have updated to kitkat and still same problem - max connection speed 72 mbps and max throughput 2,5 MB/s
tested with different settings in the router and with 4 different routers - still same problem
31st March 2014, 01:05 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Maybe remove icon from battery saving in wifi will help.
Long press on wifi in notification center then menu button then advanced then untick this option and turn off wifi and on.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to theefim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theefim Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
link speed, speed, wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)