[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - VIVOW Milestone 4

Search This thread

knam316

Jul 31, 2011
At what build did we lose our dedicated developer? I'm currently on build 36 and wondering whether I should update...

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
At what build did we lose our dedicated developer? I'm currently on build 36 and wondering whether I should update...

The newer builds are no less stable in my experience. With a full wipe anyway. You'll just get a few more AOKP tweaks. Off hand I don't remember what exactly, but you could peruse the changelog at aokp.co

I've flashed every build since milestone 5 with no difference in stability.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
For the most part everything works after I installed the camera and gallery patches. I also installed the capacitive back light fix. I do usually have to clear data from the play store and Google services framework one time after each fresh install.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

I don't have the ability to search because I'm on my phone, but where is the gallery patch? I have the cam and camcorder patch but I haven't seen the gallery patch.

Edit: my gallery seems to be working fine without the gallery patch. Why was it needed, anyway?

Last edited:

AJGO23

Mar 28, 2011
Boston, MA
I don't have the ability to search because I'm on my phone, but where is the gallery patch? I have the cam and camcorder patch but I haven't seen the gallery patch.

Edit: my gallery seems to be working fine without the gallery patch. Why was it needed, anyway?

I don't think there was a gallery patch.. and you can search from your phone. Just hit menu, web view, and assuming you're logged in use the search button.

Last edited:
Reactions: thenaut

thenaut

Oct 6, 2010
I don't think there was a gallery patch.. and you can search from your phone. Just hit menu, web view, and assuming you're logged in use the search button.

Thanks. Whenever I tried to type into the search my keyboard would go away. I tried to get an answer without asking, but I was unsuccessful.

jehelmer

Jun 10, 2008
greenville
Anyone else having issues in google voice after turning on the option to play voicemails in phone log? When I try to play them it just hangs for a few seconds then goes back to recent calls.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

gtdtm

May 23, 2012

Sorry for the confusion. The gallery patch was from another rom (I've lost track after all the roms I've tried).

bbmayg

Dec 30, 2011
I feel like my phone's battery has been draining more lately, but I can't leave aokp. Should I underclock it? And if so, to what value do you guys recommend?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
I feel like my phone's battery has been draining more lately, but I can't leave aokp. Should I underclock it? And if so, to what value do you guys recommend?

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

I don't notice any difference in battery. You'd just have to try whatever underclocking speed and see how it goes. When I underclock I feel like the phone is unbearably slow, but I also find little point in overclocking (except when I run TiBackup).

drneely

Dec 3, 2012
Concord
I would like to know where I can get a download from for the DINC2 since the links in the OP aren't working for me, and I do not want to search through 125 pages haha

Zelmo88

Aug 10, 2011
Arizona
I would like to know where I can get a download from for the DINC2 since the links in the OP aren't working for me, and I do not want to search through 125 pages haha

If you'd read back a couple pages, you'd see that there hasn't been any development on AOKP for the Dinc2 since June 2012. Best look for another ROM!

gtdtm

May 23, 2012
You can go to aokp.co and find the releases page, or you can go to goo.im and find it there.

However...I would recommend finding CondemnedSoul's thread for AOKP ICS. His was more stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Find milestone-4 here

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Thread Cleaned.

Quit the arguing in this thread guys or i will lock it down permanently next time!
    Idk why, but after the first boot I set it up and everything, and when hit the power button to see the lockscreen, and when the screen turned back on it went into a bootloop??? ALSO, my messaging app crashes after I open it, it won't let me see the lockscreen at all. And I'm still in a bootloop after a battery pull................

this is a prob with your phone, not the ROMs that you keep trying and posting in, I tried helping you, and I've seen you post about this in almost every thread I open.
    which is fine,
    but there is information about new CLNR with the newer software and doing s-off, and just about everyone has the same bootloop problem.
    please, contact Verizon, or work with someone who is also having this issue.
    Lets keep things civil guys.;)

Edit... Reading through all this seems like we need a help/discussion thread in your general forum to re-direct most of these posts to.

Somebody please start a thread and post the link over here.

Read and search and only make constructive posts in the Development forums!