[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF - Call for beta testers - All HBOOTS - MT4GS

Search This thread

beano311

Dec 3, 2009
PA
I am pretty sure you don't need to revert to stock... Just go into boot loader and fastboot the sucker... run it and wham wire trick** :highfive:

Is this true, I'm Rev S-OFF and running AOKP, would love to try this, but do I definitely have to flash stock first? If so, there's no issue if I restore a previous backup, right? (probably a dumb question...)
Also, is this the correct latest radio/the one that hot reboots under Rev S-OFF?

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
Is this true, I'm Rev S-OFF and running AOKP, would love to try this, but do I definitely have to flash stock first? If so, there's no issue if I restore a previous backup, right? (probably a dumb question...)
Also, is this the correct latest radio/the one that hot reboots under Rev S-OFF?

http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear-public-beta-0-1/instructions/

They say in the instructions that JuopunutBear might work on custom ROMs, but it hasn't been verified. The latest radio is in Blue's post for PG59IMG's. The 1.63 PG59IMG has the latest radio, but I don't think you should update to it yet.

If you upgrade to 1.63, you WON'T be able to use Revolutionary S-OFF (in case JuopunutBear fails for whatever reason). So just to be safe, stick to the 1.28 for now. JuopunutBear should work just fine on 1.28, and you can update the radio with the 1.63 PG59IMG AFTER doing JuopunutBear.

You should use the 1.28 PG59IMG instead of a previous NAND backup because it's recommended to be on the stock HBOOT when doing JuopunutBear.

After you use the 1.28 PG59IMG to get back to complete stock, follow my root guide to do the rest. It might take some time, but it's worth it if you want true radio S-OFF with JuopunutBear.

After you get JuopunutBear S-OFF, you can flash the latest 1.63 PG59IMG to get the latest radio. JB S-OFF will stay unless you manually put it back to S-ON in fastboot, so no worries about losing JB S-OFF.

Reactions: beano311

the.hagop

Jan 24, 2011
Yallo.

Just out of curiosity, what are the symptoms of the intermittent data issues? Guessing they're drop-offs/hangs? I'm currently HTC unlocked S-ON and running cm9 a5 and haven't noticed any (I think). I live less than a mile away from an airport (relevant?) and in an area of town where TMo coverage leaves a lot to be desired yet data seems to work fine for me other than the random drops to 3G or EDGE. I experienced this with my MT3G 1.2 running various ROMs with radio-2.22.28.25 the in the past so I never gave it a second guess, also S-ON btw. When venturing into the more "affluent" areas of town though, data speeds are absolutely awesome and H is all I see near the signal meter, same with the old phone.

Soooo, now that I've rambled and almost forgot the point I was attempting, I mean it IS awesome and all, but if data is working is there any real benefit to this method of achieving S-OFF considering everything works for me? Now that I'm actually asking I feel the answer is glaring right at my face. :banghead:

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda app-developers app

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
Yallo.

Just out of curiosity, what are the symptoms of the intermittent data issues? Guessing they're drop-offs/hangs? I'm currently HTC unlocked S-ON and running cm9 a5 and haven't noticed any (I think). I live less than a mile away from an airport (relevant?) and in an area of town where TMo coverage leaves a lot to be desired yet data seems to work fine for me other than the random drops to 3G or EDGE. I experienced this with my MT3G 1.2 running various ROMs with radio-2.22.28.25 the in the past so I never gave it a second guess, also S-ON btw. When venturing into the more "affluent" areas of town though, data speeds are absolutely awesome and H is all I see near the signal meter, same with the old phone.

Soooo, now that I've rambled and almost forgot the point I was attempting, I mean it IS awesome and all, but if data is working is there any real benefit to this method of achieving S-OFF considering everything works for me? Now that I'm actually asking I feel the answer is glaring right at my face. :banghead:

I had the intermittent data issue on CM9 Alpha 5&6 and MikMIUI. On other ROMs (both ICS and GB), data works fine.

When you get the intermittent data issue, data stops working for a random period of time and the "H" symbol appears and disappears every few seconds. Wifi still works, but mobile data is basically broken.

After doing JB S-OFF, I stopped experiencing the intermittent data issue. I thought JB S-OFF fixed the issue. However, the issue came back after a month.

The main advantages of JB S-OFF is not having to flash the boot.img for ICS ROMs and true radio S-OFF for flashing different radios and kernels. More details here and here.

Reactions: the.hagop

the.hagop

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll eventually build up the courage to give it a shot, but I think for now I'll just leave it alone simply because it works well enough for me. It seems most who have tried have been successful other than the few posts I've seen that left the impression that something went seriously wrong.

I've always practiced the 90% research, 10% work so maybe I'll just be patient and wait to see if another possible/less risky route comes along. Not assuming there will be, but at the same time, waiting was what saved me from the pain in the neck that was the "gold card" method for the mt3g. Universal Androot came along and made the process ridiculously easy.

Apologies for the long post.

Last edited:

beano311

Dec 3, 2009
PA
After you use the 1.28 PG59IMG to get back to complete stock, follow my root guide to do the rest.

So I loaded the 1.28 img through hboot and it reverted to stock, but I still get S-OFF in my hboot header (it doesn't say Revolutionary anymore though). I tried to follow your guide and when you get to the HTCDev part, it doesn't work. I get
Code:
INFO[ERR] Command error !!!
when I try to
Code:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
... I looked into that and it appears that that command is missing in the hboot I'm on, 1.44.0007. Even though it had said S-OFF in the header, I could't flash a custom recovery or root. I tried factory resets and going back to S-ON, same error. I'd would try flashing another HBOOT, but all the links in Blue's post about HBOOT are broken (looks like his goo account is gone or something). I even tried re-Revolutionary S-OFFing, but JB sees it as already S-OFF and quits. Any ideas?

Edit: okay, I went back to rev-s-off. After I did that I figured I might as well try pulling the hboot from the 1.63 PG59IMG and fastboot hboot it. So now get_identifier_token works, but unlocking with fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin still doesn't seem to work at all (it looks like it works in the command prompt window, but nothing ever happens on the phone). On my bootloader screen I have
Code:
*** LOCKED ***
DOUBLESHOT PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.45.0013
But JB won't work because I'm S-OFF again, so how do I do this? I can't flash 1.63 before doing JB S-OFF, and I can't unlock the bootloader with HTC dev without the hboot from 1.63, which I can't flash without S-OFF or installing the whole 1.63 radio package. Am missing something/I doing something completely wrong?

Last edited:

bit1

Jul 28, 2008
son of a.. this was tough but finally got it to work. had no speaker so i used some speaker wire braided into a thin braid. took forever but it worked after twenty minutes or so. I did it barebones no insulation in case your wondering. Pretty sure I have some sort of Soff disease now.. lol

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
Edit: okay, I went back to rev-s-off. After I did that I figured I might as well try pulling the hboot from the 1.63 PG59IMG and fastboot hboot it. So now get_identifier_token works, but unlocking with fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin still doesn't seem to work at all (it looks like it works in the command prompt window, but nothing ever happens on the phone). On my bootloader screen I have
Code:
*** LOCKED ***
DOUBLESHOT PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.45.0013
But JB won't work because I'm S-OFF again, so how do I do this? I can't flash 1.63 before doing JB S-OFF, and I can't unlock the bootloader with HTC dev without the hboot from 1.63, which I can't flash without S-OFF or installing the whole 1.63 radio package. Am missing something/I doing something completely wrong?

If you're Rev S-OFF now, you need to go back to stock AND S-ON before doing HTCDev.

At this point, use the PG59IMG.zip to go back to stock 1.28. I know you've done this before and it didn't change the hboot, but that's because you need to 'fastboot oem writesecureflag 3'. To do so, FOLLOW BLUE'S POST HERE. Make sure to do everything he says.... In the post:

-start at: "This is very important to do. The factory reset after the flash is mandatory and must include the sdcard"
-end at: "STOP HERE IF JUST FOR HTC SERVICE."

After doing this, you'll be S-ON and stock ROM. HTCDev and everything else should work fine after this.

Last edited:
Reactions: beano311

beano311

Dec 3, 2009
PA
I know you've done this before and it didn't change the hboot, but that's because you need to 'fastboot oem writesecureflag 3'.

I will try it again, but I have been doing writesecureflag 3 to get S-ON as well. After I S-ON and the boot loader shows " *** LOCKED *** ", HTCDev doesn't seem to work to unlock the bootloader.

Also, should 1.28 have the 1.45.0013 hboot? Blue does specifically note that 1.44.0007 (the hboot I'm getting) doesn't support the flashboot oem command required for HTCDev. At the bottom of this post he has:
For the 1.45.0013 ( OTA - 1.55.531.3 )
Code:
hboot:[B]Identical to the 1.44.0006 and 1.44.0007 hboots except[/B]:

[B]Adds the following[/B]:

(bootloader) [B]get_identifier_token[/B]
(bootloader) gotohboot
(bootloader) lock

Thanks again for the help, even if I can't seem to get it working that easily, I do really appreciate it.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
I will try it again, but I have been doing writesecureflag 3 to get S-ON as well. After I S-ON and the boot loader shows " *** LOCKED *** ", HTCDev doesn't seem to work to unlock the bootloader.

Also, should 1.28 have the 1.45.0013 hboot? Blue does specifically note that 1.44.0007 (the hboot I'm getting) doesn't support the flashboot oem command required for HTCDev. At the bottom of this post he has:

Thanks again for the help, even if I can't seem to get it working that easily, I do really appreciate it.

I did blues full instructions ( even after he said to stop if it was only for HTC repair ) to go from the rev s-off hboot to stock then did the ota to 1.63.xx so I had the new hboot and radio then I HTC dev unlocked, rooted then did the wire trick. It was a couple hour process to go from rev s-off to JB s-off but I felt it was the right thing to do as to not cut corners and cause issues.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikXE

Last edited:

beano311

Dec 3, 2009
PA
I did blues full instructions ( even after he said to stop if it was only for HTC repair ) to go from the rev s-off hboot to stock then did the ota to 1.63.xx so I had the new hboot and radio then I HTC dev unlocked, rooted then did the wire trick. It was a couple hour process to go from rev s-off to JB s-off but I felt it was the right thing to do as to not cut corners and cause issues.

Instead of doing all that you could have just installed 1.63 straight off the bat without having to deal with all the reboots, flashes, and downloads for the OTA updates. I finally got JB to work by simply flashing 1.55.531.3 instead of 1.28 or just the 1.45.0013 hboot. HTCDev unlock worked, flashed CWM6, flashed SU, rebooted and ran JB, after three times at the wire trick I finally got it... using the video for timing helped a lot :)

jjbz

Jun 14, 2012
NJ
Instead of doing all that you could have just installed 1.63 straight off the bat without having to deal with all the reboots, flashes, and downloads for the OTA updates. I finally got JB to work by simply flashing 1.55.531.3 instead of 1.28 or just the 1.45.0013 hboot. HTCDev unlock worked, flashed CWM6, flashed SU, rebooted and ran JB, after three times at the wire trick I finally got it... using the video for timing helped a lot :)

Nice, I'm glad you got it to work. So HTCDev Unlock doesn't work on 1.44.0007 hboot. It only works on 1.45.0013 hboot.

For some reason, I thought I had done HTCDev Unlock before on 1.44.0007 hboot with another Doubleshot. I guess it was actually on 1.45.0013. My mistake.

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus

I could have, but in my last post did you see it was my choice?there have been so many bricked doubleshots that I just didn't want to risk it. Plus I did it as a test for when I reflash Sense 4 because on that ROM I have an x for signal bars :beer:

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide running MikXE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    s-off success

took a few reboots but got it! thanks to fuses and hyuh for walking me through it.

Glad to help!

scaled.php
    Guys, don't worry about testing I guess. I have everything setup and I'm buying Blue's mt4gs to test and develop on for 200$. You all damn well better be happy. >.> Throwing 60$ towards the device myself.
    I bricked 2 of mine before they altered the exploit. I did the exact same thing this time but used a wire (you NEED to use a wire or a paperclip with electrical tape. Wire is preferred though, I stripped an ethernet cable since there's like 7 wires in there total. Strip it to copper on both ends just enough to get contact and follow the method) but anyway, I have s-off now and it's beautiful. I also found that you can restore the sdcard after corruption, just create a new partition table and then repartition it. ) Hope this helped.

Proof of sdcard restore:
    jPz9wo1I8BbCU.jpg

Also proof that I'm not turbo-tarded:

2012-04-23
    JuopunutBear needs breakfast. http://unlimited.io
    Clean up done! lets not steer away.. cheers!