[App][2.2+] Wave Control - Control your phone without even touching it

Search This thread

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Great app :)

How about tasker integration? I would love to be able to activate/deactivate from within tasker. Another cool feature would be able to change the "key mapping" from within tasker. Say at some point I want 3 waves to turn on the screen, yet at sone other point it should simply do nothing.

I've just bought the pro version and like what I've seen so far :)

//M

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

I do plan on some Tasker integration. I want to setup profiles first. Each profile would be a set of actions mapped to the gestures and the target app. Then once that's in place have Tasker be able to control that.

It's all coming... just have to fix some stuff first :)

Reactions: DangKid

ahzhang452

May 4, 2011
Punggol
Hmm, I love the idea of this, i went to get the pro version, but it does not work very well on the droid razr, screen on/off toggle does not work and hover is at a very close distance, anyway to increase sensor distance? Also, I got my friend's s3 camera to taka look at my phone, Why dont I see the infared light?

[SIC]

May 23, 2011
Nice! This gives me a smile in another crappy day, my fairly new & expensive pc hates me but atleast my phone works AND can use this cool feature :D Thanks!

Platin465

Nov 20, 2008
Tablet use?

Anybody know of a tablet that has a proximity sensor? I'd love to do this with a tablet as a GPS/Music device in the car and have the GPS in the foreground, but still be able to control the Music easily. This program seems like it would fit that, but none of the tablets I've seen have a proximity sensor, and as such would not work.

As a side question, anybody know how to make GPS program and Pandora or other music program run side-by-side? Or GPS run with music controls side-by side? I really want to use a tablet as a car entertainment, but having to touch the screen to switch apps is a no-go for me.

Thanks!

skad

Sep 10, 2010
thionville
Very good app :

But i don't know why the play store app FC when i try to install the app.... i must use the web play store.

And under PARANOIDANDROID 1.99 on nexus S the app FC when i try to use it. :/

stefanACM

Mar 24, 2010
Banja Luka
www.azollo.com
Am I wrong or you removed a lot good stufs from first release :)
Please can you re-add Recent app and Flash lite shortcut.

This is really nice app, I had plans to make something like this, but you did it and congrats!!!

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Hmm, I love the idea of this, i went to get the pro version, but it does not work very well on the droid razr, screen on/off toggle does not work and hover is at a very close distance, anyway to increase sensor distance? Also, I got my friend's s3 camera to taka look at my phone, Why dont I see the infared light?

I don't have any control over the sensor distance unfortunately. For the screen on/off toggle, are you running any other apps that might prevent a screen timeout?

Whether or not you see a light through a camera depends on a couple things, the wavelength of the particular sensor vendor uses in the IR LED, and the way, if any, the camera sensor aliases IR to visible spectrum. It's possible it gets filtered out.

Anybody know of a tablet that has a proximity sensor? I'd love to do this with a tablet as a GPS/Music device in the car and have the GPS in the foreground, but still be able to control the Music easily. This program seems like it would fit that, but none of the tablets I've seen have a proximity sensor, and as such would not work.

As a side question, anybody know how to make GPS program and Pandora or other music program run side-by-side? Or GPS run with music controls side-by side? I really want to use a tablet as a car entertainment, but having to touch the screen to switch apps is a no-go for me.

Thanks!

I think the 7" Samsung's have a proximity sensor. It's the ones that the manufacturer envisioned people trying to use it as a phone.. which shouldn't have been any.. but yeah.. 7" Samsung's (actually saw someone at the mall doing this).. at least the previous generation. I'm not sure about the sequels.

Very good app :

But i don't know why the play store app FC when i try to install the app.... i must use the web play store.

And under PARANOIDANDROID 1.99 on nexus S the app FC when i try to use it. :/

Yeah that is a really weird bug in JB right now. It looks like it's formatting related based on the error it throws. I'll try again to adjust my info to hopefully prevent it.

Am I wrong or you removed a lot good stufs from first release :)
Please can you re-add Recent app and Flash lite shortcut.

This is really nice app, I had plans to make something like this, but you did it and congrats!!!

Sorry.. but I think you are... I'm pretty sure I've only added features. I think it's bad form to take away features. Glad you like the app :)

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
Just bought the app no matter how much I use it. So far I like it and look forward to see where it goes from here. I will give feedback as I use it.

I did have to use a PC and go to the play store from a browser though. The paid version would force close the play store for me.

Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Red Reaper Rom

kdh2834

Jul 12, 2012
Pune
About Copywrite..

Hi! Your application is awsome.. its a complete new thing!

So.. I wanna ask whether I can put this application in-built in my custom rom obviously the free version..

Im not gonna distribute the rom in xda but in a small korean nexus forum.

I'll be waiting for your reply soon. Thanks :)

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Hi! Your application is awsome.. its a complete new thing!

So.. I wanna ask whether I can put this application in-built in my custom rom obviously the free version..

Im not gonna distribute the rom in xda but in a small korean nexus forum.

I'll be waiting for your reply soon. Thanks :)

Sure, as long as it's the free version I don't have a problem with you including it in a rom.

Glad you like the app :)

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Can those on Jelly Bean try the Play Store again?

I trimmed down the description are and change log to hopefully fix the store bug.

Thanks

m.klinge

Jun 16, 2008
I do plan on some Tasker integration. I want to setup profiles first. Each profile would be a set of actions mapped to the gestures and the target app. Then once that's in place have Tasker be able to control that.

That sound great - I'm eagerly waiting for it as it would make a great feature for my tasker car mode :)

//M

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
V2.25 - Profiles!

I finally got past some major procrastination and added in profiles.

You can have up to 4 profiles.
Each profile contains all the settings and the commands you assigned to each gesture.

How I'm using it:

Profile 1:
Target Media App: Music Player
Screen Off only mode

Hover: Play/Pause
1 - Wave: Next
2 - Wave: Screen On/Off Toggle
3 - Wave: Enable/Disable​

Profile 2:
Target Media App: MX Player
Screen On Only Mode

1 - Wave: Fast Forward
2 - Wave: Rewind
3 - Wave: None​

Let me know what you guys think!

What's Next:
Gonna spend some time on getting the tablet version ready for beta. Then, work on Tasker control of the Profiles. Then... widgets.

MarksThinkTank

May 1, 2012
Tasker Tasker Tasker

V2.30 Has just been posted to the Play Store

With it brings support for Tasker by way of a Tasker Plugin.

From Tasker, you can now switch profiles. And Profiles allow you to set all settings and gesture assignments, so now Tasker can pretty much fully setup Wave Control.

Find "Wave Control Plugin" in Tasker's "Plugin" section for actions.

Note: Pro or Assignable Actions Upgrade is required for access to profiles and thus this feature.

Last edited:

m.klinge

Jun 16, 2008
That sounds great :)

How about being able to activate/deactivate as well?

//M

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Any chance of getting it to support shortcuts? Would be great if I could wave to launch SoundHound's "ID Now", for example.

GrillMouster

Dec 8, 2010
Can those on Jelly Bean try the Play Store again?
I trimmed down the description are and change log to hopefully fix the store bug.

Getting forced closures when I try to open your Play Store listing on my LTE Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean. uninstalling Wave Secure then reinstalling, but got the same problem. I tried clearing cache & data of both the Play Store and Google Services Framework, then rebooting the phone. The problem persists. It only happens with Wave Secure and Wave Secure Pro. I wasn't able to re-install the app from my phone, so I had to use the web Play Store.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've decided to take this out of incubation in the device specific forums and put it fully out there. All feedback is appreciated!

Update (10/11/2012): Half of proceeds from app sales from October will be donated to Breast Cancer Research
    More Info Here

Update (9/7/2012): New Tasker Support for changing profiles in Wave Control!

Update 31/08/2012: Jelly Bean users are getting force closes in the Play Store app when navigating to Wave Control -- The free version's apk is available to download on this post. Please if it's working for you in Play Store download from there.. I need the install count ;)

Wave Control uses the proximity sensor to detect hand gestures to control music/movie playback (free version) and more (paid version).

I developed this originally on the Note and luckily it happened to have one of the best proximity sensors (at least for my uses). Now I've moved on to the SGSIII and it works just as well! Works best on the SGSIII, Note and Galaxy Nexus. Not so great on HTC phones and SGSII due to their particular sensors (much slower).

Performance will vary depending on which sensor your phone uses. All HTC phones use the same slow one. Samsung uses about 3 different vendors and more models.. most are good, Sony is usually ok, Motorola is a mixed bag. I try to account for some of the differences in the sensors. But be aware you may have to wave at a different speed than in the youtube videos.

There are 4 basic gestures:
    -Hover
    -1 Wave
    -2 Waves
    -3 Waves

By default they correspond to Play/Pause, Next, Previous, Enable/Disable Controls respectively.

In the Pro version or upgraded free version, they can be remapped to any of those plus: Screen Toggle On/Off, Volume Up, Volume Down, Launch Google Voice Search, Fast Forward, Rewind, and do nothing.

Popular uses are:
    When driving, don't have to take your eyes off the road to try to hit a button
    When your hands are dirty so you don't smear crap all over your phone like when cooking or working on car
    While on the computer, you don't have to bother waking the phone to change the song (works even when the screen is off)

New
    Control music on your PC using foobar2000 controller Pro-- Now compatible with Wave Control
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cav.foobar2000controllerpro

I'd like to see what you guys think of it. If you have any suggestions for new features or any feedback, I'd love to hear it.

Google Play Store Link:
    Free Version

Here are some youtube videos of it in action:

Coming Soon:
    Profiles

Permissions Needed:

Wake Lock: To work when the screen is off on some phones
    Read Phone State: To switch modes when phone is ringing or in-call
    Internet: For Ad Supported Version
    Access Network State: For Ad Supported Version
    Access Coarse Location: This is not GPS -- For Ad Supported Version
    Write External Storage: For Ad Supported Version
    Vibrate Used when app not in foreground or screen is off
    Write Settings: For Screen Toggle On/Off action
    Billing: For Upgrades Store
    V2.25 - Profiles!

I finally got past some major procrastination and added in profiles.

You can have up to 4 profiles.
    Each profile contains all the settings and the commands you assigned to each gesture.

How I'm using it:

Profile 1:
    Target Media App: Music Player
    Screen Off only mode

1 - Wave: Next
    2 - Wave: Screen On/Off Toggle
    3 - Wave: Enable/Disable​

Profile 2:
    Target Media App: MX Player
    Screen On Only Mode

1 - Wave: Fast Forward
    2 - Wave: Rewind
    3 - Wave: None​

Let me know what you guys think!

What's Next:
    Gonna spend some time on getting the tablet version ready for beta. Then, work on Tasker control of the Profiles. Then... widgets.
    Tasker Tasker Tasker

V2.30 Has just been posted to the Play Store

With it brings support for Tasker by way of a Tasker Plugin.

From Tasker, you can now switch profiles. And Profiles allow you to set all settings and gesture assignments, so now Tasker can pretty much fully setup Wave Control.

Find "Wave Control Plugin" in Tasker's "Plugin" section for actions.

Note: Pro or Assignable Actions Upgrade is required for access to profiles and thus this feature.
    Great app :)

How about tasker integration? I would love to be able to activate/deactivate from within tasker. Another cool feature would be able to change the "key mapping" from within tasker. Say at some point I want 3 waves to turn on the screen, yet at sone other point it should simply do nothing.

I've just bought the pro version and like what I've seen so far :)

//M

That sounds great :)

How about being able to activate/deactivate as well?

//M

It's coming ;)