OUCH!!! (the phone fell)

Search This thread

mingkee

It fell when I tried to put Galaxy Tab Plus into my field jacket. I noticed sound cut off suddenly and my Note 2 fell from 1.2 meters.
Even a TPU case and glass screen protector applied, a scuff formed on the left top (it's not visible when case applied). Fortunately, the screen didn't have any damage.
What if I have the phone unprotected?!

dandn0ten

Dec 18, 2012
Hungtinton Beach
It fell when I tried to put Galaxy Tab Plus into my field jacket. I noticed sound cut off suddenly and my Note 2 fell from 1.2 meters.
Even a TPU case and glass screen protector applied, a scuff formed on the left top (it's not visible when case applied). Fortunately, the screen didn't have any damage.
What if I have the phone unprotected?!

if you have insurance and if your digitier is damaged then replace a new phone or if only the glass lens is damaged then you can just buy stuff online and repair it yourself...this happened to me and ive had hard time replace glass lens it took me 2 hours with very slow movement and careful process. my heart almost stopped beating when putting on new glass lens :D cheers at least your phone is fine

Last edited:

PhxDroid86

Jan 14, 2013
Phoenix
I havent dropped this phone since I got it on Dec 31st...

Not really luck but the size, weight, and my Otterbox Defender case seems to be an undroppable setup! Honestly even when the phone has slipped its just impossible to drop. Last second fingertips on the corner edge of the phone, side hand pinning to body, etc, all have ended in no drops throughout the most unsuspecting moments... or maybe I am just lucky or "? reaction-arily? gifted"

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
I've managed to drop my phone with the Defender while putting it back in the holster, unbeknownst to me it tangled with my winter coat (granted, probably not much of a concern in Arizona) and some time later fell out on an elevator's tile floor. Loud thud, but nary a scratch. :D

It was the first time, and I've had mine since November.

cocobruto

Feb 22, 2013
I've managed to drop my phone with the Defender while putting it back in the holster, unbeknownst to me it tangled with my winter coat (granted, probably not much of a concern in Arizona) and some time later fell out on an elevator's tile floor. Loud thud, but nary a scratch. :D

It was the first time, and I've had mine since November.

Hi darkshado, I have an unlocked t889v from mobilicity, and phone could work under wind and virgin mobile.

However, signal is unstable indoors, asu frequently drops to 1 or 2, or even no service at all. I would like to activate lte to take full advantage of the virgin mobile's network. Could you please to forward me a draft guide on how to do it? I know the risk but still want a try....thanks~!

btw, the baseband is T889VVLALJ4, ROM is Jedi 9...

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
I dropped mine in the toilet (after cleaning the toilet) last week. Without hesitation I reached in and tossed it in the laundry hamper. I yanked the otterbox defender off and started drying it off. Pulled the back off and the battery out. Pulled the s pen out and shoved a qtip in the hole. Remarkably the phone was on and functioning befire I pulled the battery. After I gave everything a good wipe down I blew water from behind the home key, power button and volume rocker. There was also trace amounts in the s pen. Phone still works flawlessly. It didnt even hiccup. Makes one wonder how water resistant this phone is. It was in water for 3 seconds or less and nothing happened.

Noted Twice then replied using SGH-T889.

mingkee

After careful inspection, a tiny damage found on the top-left of the screen. However, it can be covered with a case and the touchscreen isn't affected at all.

542642_10152609602850711_2003218328_n.jpg

Last edited:

phoenixfriend

Jun 5, 2012
As odd as it sounds thank the screen protector. I had screen protector on my htc incredible and had it fall from the holster running and watched it endo beside me for a few steps with not screen damage. Only to remove it after switching carriers and getting a new phone to drop it from about 16 inched and crack the screen.

Im thinking about cutting the stock otterbox defender screen protector off and using one that adheres to the screen. This one doesnt sit flush so I get noise from it contacting the screen as I type and also dust and dirt enter from around the home key.

Note 2, yeah son!

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
I'm on my second note 2. Dropped the first one from about 1.5 feet without a case and goodbye screen. So moral of the story.... could have been much worse.

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 2 ghz