[THEME][TWRP 2.7.0.0] Deus Ex Human Revolution (landscape/portrait/MultiROM)

Search This thread

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
There was a deus ex theme for theme chooser, then I had some font installed. It worked, just didn't look as good as this.

If it does effect it too bad, this will be good experience on XML.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

If you mean Ramazor's CM10 theme, then I agree - it's really nice (I'm using it currently on both phone and tablet) but it is still just android theme "painted" a bit. I really want something like twrp's xml theme engine to be able to design my own theme for system. Oh, well... One can dream :)

I just made a quick run on 720p version - it's mostly ok, needs some fine tuning every now and then, though. It's like 95% of theme is ok with downscaled bitmaps but sometimes xml file has to be adjusted a bit.Main problem will be keyboard as I need to know its dimensions on 720p device. I just need to find a 720p stock theme on the net. I think I can do it once I finish 768p version.
But it's enough for today, time to relax a bit - I've completed quite a lot today...

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
I would be in heaven if themes like this existed. Who knows maybe in the future something like that will exist.

You're working on the 720p one for me?

rezadue

Jun 14, 2011
Ottawa
Kraliz,

I was wondering if you would share your N10 theme as well. Your TWRP theme continues to blow my mind away!

Thanks
As a fan of Deus Ex Human Revolution game I was trying to theme my Nexus 10 for some time. Using combination of UCCW, live wallpaper (by Makomako) and android theme by Ramazor I’ve almost reached my goal – last thing that wasn’t themed was recovery. Lucky for me TWRP comes with fantastic theming system.
I’ve made theme based on Deus Ex HR game interface for TWPR 2.5.0.0 2.6.0.0.
It probably won’t work with older versions! I do not recommend using it with any older version than 2.5.0.0 2.6.0.0!

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Kraliz,

I was wondering if you would share your N10 theme as well. Your TWRP theme continues to blow my mind away!

Thanks

If you mean what I have prepared for UCCW then well, it's not perfect. It certainly doesn't work well in portrait mode as I do not use it (or very rarely).
As for CM10 theme mentioned earlier - you can find link in one of the previous posts to thread here on XDA.
As it is thread for TWRP theme I do not want to put any other thing here - I'm not sure if it wouldn't breach any of the XDA rules.
I can PM you a dropbox link with screenshots and uzips if you wish. It's not perfect "theme" and it was created just for me, so it is possible you won't find it very useful. Some widgets - like clock or battery should be fine.

Last edited:

rezadue

Jun 14, 2011
Ottawa
I would love the CM10 and UCCW links.

Cheers

If you mean what I have prepared for UCCW then well, it's not perfect. It certainly doesn't work well in portrait mode as I do not use it (or very rarely).
As for CM10 theme mentioned earlier - you can find link in one of the previous posts to thread here on XDA.
As it is thread for TWRP theme I do not want to put any other thing here - I'm not sure if it wouldn't breach any of the XDA rules.
I can PM you a dropbox link with screenshots and uzips if you wish. It's not perfect "theme" and it was created just for me, so it is possible you won't find it very useful. Some widgets - like clock or battery should be fine.

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Link to CM theme you can find on one of previous pages or just search for Deus Ex theme on PlayStore. UCCW I'll prepare once I get back home.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

scirio

Nov 8, 2007
Tastefully done. Do you think this would work on my S3 too? Or does it only work on the N10 screen's resolution?

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Tastefully done. Do you think this would work on my S3 too? Or does it only work on the N10 screen's resolution?

I used battery and clock on my Nexus 4, never tried any other widget on phone. I think it should work as it is using UCCW widget engine to scale it but I can't say it for sure - just try it. Dock background can be too large for phone but again - never tried it, so I can't tell. Other thing is screen mode - it was designed for landscape mode only (for example, Jensen doesn't have feet :D).

Another thing: it depends from launcher how widgets are scaled - I'm using Apex Launcher with settings that you can find in readme file. Stock launchers could scale it differently and widget padding also could be different. That was one of the reasons I gave it up. Too many problems with scaling, padding, grids, etc. UCCW is nice and I've seen awesome themes done by people but in my case it didn't work too well (lack of experience adds up too). Well, once I finish TWRP theme, I'll try to skin my Windows 7, just bought WindowBlinds :D I wonder how that'll go... ;)

Last edited:

halrulez

Nov 30, 2007
I used battery and clock on my Nexus 4, never tried any other widget on phone. I think it should work as it is using UCCW widget engine to scale it but I can't say it for sure - just try it. Dock background can be too large for phone but again - never tried it, so I can't tell. Other thing is screen mode - it was designed for landscape mode only (for example, Jensen doesn't have feet :D).

Another thing: it depends from launcher how widgets are scaled - I'm using Apex Launcher with settings that you can find in readme file. Stock launchers could scale it differently and widget padding also could be different. That was one of the reasons I gave it up. Too many problems with scaling, padding, grids, etc. UCCW is nice and I've seen awesome themes done by people but in my case it didn't work too well (lack of experience adds up too). Well, once I finish TWRP theme, I'll try to skin my Windows 7, just bought WindowBlinds :D I wonder how that'll go... ;)

Wow that I one awesome theme. Would love to see what could be done with smart launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Progress report:

- 768x1280 Deus Ex HR/Holo - completed,
- 720x1280 Deus Ex HR/Holo - ongoing (bitmaps resized, adjusting xml file),
- 2560x1600 Deus Ex HR/Holo (update) - on hold,

I'll upload everything at the same time, should be over the weekend (Sunday at the latest).
I'm a bit uneasy about these phone versions, I feel like it is a but rushed job (tablet version took me over a month to complete). I'll strongly advise to test it with "Simulate most actions.." checked at first. I do not see anything wrong in xml file, didn't have any problems whatsoever during my tests too but just to be on the safe side.

If anyone have any suggestions about tablet version, let me know, please. It will be probably last update (unless new TWRP will come soon). Otherwise I'll start some other projects (Borderlands skin, maybe... ;) )

Reactions: Garridon

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
It's finished!

You can find latest update as well as phone version in first post.

If you like it and if you use it with any other device than Nexus 10, please share this thread on your device forum ;) Spread the word :D

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
It's finished!

You can find latest update as well as phone version in first post.

If you like it and if you use it with any other device than Nexus 10, please share this thread on your device forum ;) Spread the word :D

I've checked out the 720p version and so far opening settings reboots recovery (shows the splash screen again and goes to the main menu)

About to try backup and restore. Will report back.
Jacob Bishop shared "recovery.log": https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=69BBB4920EE3AC82!496&authkey=!AAoShx1-tjHr2rY
It that will help.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

So I tested back up and restore, both worked fine. Maybe nitpicking at this point but the space bar hit box extends out to the right a little too far, making the period and the go button hot boxes misplaced a bit.

Is the progress bar for a back up and restore supposed to be in the middle of the console?

Sorry if this is nitpicking, just giving feedback.

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
I've checked out the 720p version and so far opening settings reboots recovery (shows the splash screen again and goes to the main menu)

About to try backup and restore. Will report back.
Jacob Bishop shared "recovery.log": https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=69BBB4920EE3AC82!496&authkey=!AAoShx1-tjHr2rY
It that will help.

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

So I tested back up and restore, both worked fine. Maybe nitpicking at this point but the space bar hit box extends out to the right a little too far, making the period and the go button hot boxes misplaced a bit.

Is the progress bar for a back up and restore supposed to be in the middle of the console?

Sorry if this is nitpicking, just giving feedback.

Thanks for the log, there were some problems with defined images (it reported it but it should not cause anything as it was just line in <resources> section).
Reboot recovery problem is caused by one or more bitmaps being corrupted in some way - I've replaced them with 768p version and (except being too large for screen) page loads up correctly - I'll re-do them and re-upload zips shortly (it affects both color variants, btw. - strange...)
Nope, it isn't that. It just happened to me again. :( Looking into it...

As for the keyboard - you're right - it looks awful, I'll think of something to fix it.
Progress window - yes, it supposed to be in the middle - it was like that on tablet version too.

Thanks, for the feedback and do not worry - I need to hear suggestions and complaints in order to fix something.

Getting back to work...

Last edited:
Reactions: Garridon

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Backup don't working for me, with this theme. TWRP restarting during backup. Theme 768x1280 Orange. ROM Paranoidandroid 3.99

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on SentinelROM and do not have any problems - once I fix 720p I'll install PA and check what can be done.

Reactions: Azick

Garridon

Apr 30, 2012
I'm on SentinelROM and do not have any problems - once I fix 720p I'll install PA and check what can be done.

Every now and then some of the other menus will cause a recovery reboot, not all the time though :what:

And only once while trying to install a rom it did a reboot.

Kraliz

Jan 9, 2011
Every now and then some of the other menus will cause a recovery reboot, not all the time though :what:

And only once while trying to install a rom it did a reboot.

Well, that sucks :( I hoped that 768 will behave ok. I just compared both versions and except bitmap positions both are the same. I've tried re-scaling png files - didn't worki either. It is just beyond me why it doesn't work. I think I have to pull out phone versions as they are faulty and I can't fix it. Tablet version works fine, so far I didn't have any problems personally and nobody reported anything :(
If I won't find solution, I'll remove files tonight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As a fan of Deus Ex Human Revolution game I was trying to theme my Nexus 10 for some time. Using combination of UCCW, live wallpaper (by Makomako) and android theme by Ramazor I’ve almost reached my goal – last thing that wasn’t themed was recovery. Lucky for me TWRP comes with fantastic theming system.
    I’ve made theme based on Deus Ex HR game interface for TWPR 2.6.3.0.
    It probably won’t work with older versions! I do not recommend using it with any older version than 2.6.3.0!

Features of landscape version (2560x1600):

Menu:
    This theme has live main menu on left, which means it is slightly different from stock “page by page” display. In my theme it is possible to jump between different active pages – it will cancel all selected actions and reset variables, though. So, basically it is equal to pressing “Home” and “page” button in stock theme.

Keyboard layout:
    Added numeric keyboard

Terminal Command – keyboard shortcuts:
    e2fsck - As I’ve had few times problems with restoring backups and my tablet basically froze in recovery mode, I thought it will save me connecting to PC and doing it via ADB. After performing e2fsck on all partitions (usually DATA was most affected) I could restore backups or flash new roms.

It is important to unmount partitions first, otherwise e2fsck will report mounted partition and exit. It could be done either from \Mount menu or another “shortcut” in \Advanced\Terminal command\e2fsck. These “shortcuts” require pressing “ENTER” button on keyboard.

This theme was designed to use on Google Nexus 10 and as such I’ve added only mmcblk0p7, mmcblk0p8, mmcblk0p9 to umount and e2fsck “shortcuts”.
    If any one will ever use this theme on any other device, those commands might not work!

CLS button:
    If anyone do not like “swipe left to clean” feature, I’ve added CLS button, which cleans typed characters in command line. (CLS is available only in Terminal command window!)

Remove theme:
    If one will have any problems with this theme or will get bored with it, it could be removed and recovery will reload stock theme without rebooting recovery. (File will be renamed to “ui_DeusEx.zip” but TWRP won’t load it anyway – to restore it simply rename it back to “ui.zip” and reload theme).

Portrait version (768x1280, 720x1280, 1200x1920):

Remove theme option (as above).

It was tested by me on Google Nexus 4 phone and Google Nexus 10 tablet. It should work on any device with the same screen resolution.

Theme comes in 2 color variants: orange (Deus Ex) and holo (I rather should say: “holo-ish”).
    As files are quite big, please verify checksum after download.

Installation:
    Download selected version, verify checksum, rename file to ui.zip, copy via file manager or adb push to /sdcard/TWRP/theme/

Disclaimer
    Theme was tested only by me as far as I could and I didn't have any problems with it but I do not take any responsibility for any data loss or other damage. Use it on your own risk!

I will appreciate feedback. I can respond to questions\queries on evenings as I’m working and do not have too much spare time.

UPDATE 1:
    Theme now supports TWRP 2.6.0.0.

UPDATE 2:
    Removed confirmation windows from Power Menu actions (restored stock function: "No OS installed!" warning message in case of no data on /system partition) - thanks to Nezorflame for pointing it out
    Added "(sort of) Holo colors" variant - thanks to halrulez for suggestion

Holo colors: basically only orange color has been replaced with light blue plus new background image to match it.

UPDATE 3:
    It's actually a small correction on both themes. I left mount USB storage with disabled condition and it was shown even on devices without that function (i.e. Nexus 10), I'm sorry!

UPDATE 4:
    Another detail that I missed previously was corrected (one of consoles windows was slightly adjusted) , added "Inject TWRP" and "Re-inject TWRP" options (it will be visible on supported devices, I can't see it on my both Nexuses). Added phone (portrait) versions.

UPDATE 5:
    - Added 1200x1980 pix version (portrait), file has upscaled bitmaps and that bloated it up to 10MB. I do not want to re-make any of the images because it would take a lot of time (which I do not have right now), sorry.
    - 1200x1980 version has different keyboard (removed keyboard background, highlighted buttons)
    - All portrait themes were updated to TWRP 2.6.3.0. Landscape is still for TWRP 2.6.0.0, I was too focused on fixing portrait versions and completely forgot to update it, sorry! I'll do it ASAP.
    - All portrait files can be found on my dropbox folder, link below.

UPDATE 6:
    - All themes (lanscape and portrait) are now compatible with TWRP 2.3.6.0.
    - In landscape theme Settings menu items were slightly rearranged.

UPDATE 7:
    - Fixed "Copy" button position in 768x1280 themes (both variants)
    - Fixed "File" icon not showing up in 768x1280 themes (both variants)

UPDATE 8:
    - Added MultiROM support for 768p themes (Nexus 4)
    - Added "restoreDeusEx.zip" file for restoring theme after use /ADVANCED/Theme tools/Rename theme file option: file can be flashed from stock theme (or any other) but will overwrite any existing ui.zip in Theme folder.
    - Added batch "ADB_DE_push.bat" file for simpler theme install: just copy whole selected folder on your PC and run ADB_DE_push.bat file. Along with "ui.zip", "restoreDeusEx.zip" will be copied to /sdcard/TWRP/theme (folder will be created if there isn't one already).

UPDATE 9:
    Themes for 768p, 720p, 1080p (portrait) devices as well as Nexus 10 (landscape) are now updated to TWRP 2.7.0.0 (that includes small changes to Settings page). MultiROM version will follow soon.
    (I do not have Nexus 7 (flo) on me at the moment, so I wasn't able to test it properly)

Important!

Sorry guys, look's like it will gonna take some more time to fix phone themes - I'm removing them for time being.
    I hope I'll be able to make it work.
    Please stop use it for your devices safety!

Files were fixed as far as I could - no one reported any problems, neither I had any, so I can assume, that everything is fine.
    If anyone will have any problems with theme, please post details and I'll try to fix it.

There are some issues with TWRP 2.6.3.1 on Nexus 10 at least with ROMs based on CM (partition problems, freezes).
    These are not theme related and I can't fix it. I recommend not to upgrade TWRP now, please wait for at least 2.3.6.2 version.

I do not intend to produce any other versions for different devices.
    But feel free to do it yourself, just keep my nick in xml.file

Information:
    There is no chance I'll be able to make updates to MultiROM version or any other version of theme. I simply do not have time and I need to focus on other things right now Sorry!

I'd like to thank all of you for support and all help that you've given me!

If anyone wants to take over please let me know - I can share source files in PSD format.

Below you can find link to all the PSD files, feel free to use them. Please read info.txt. Good luck!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1b3kqiijornl95o/AAClEBfnw2Ky8gTvGsmScgsha
    I do not take responsibility for any moded/updated theme!

Download:
    All files could be found on my dropbox folder:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hemfcd28oz1qtaq/0Xe8ZQUxwb
    Checksums for all files can be found in checksums.txt file.

Please always verify checksums after downloading theme files!
    I've checked file and can't see anything wrong there. I've redone these 2 switches that I could see as broken.

I can see now new entry in my log but it is somehow related to updated Superuser app and it is about getting access to time zone file - so we can ignore it as it has nothing to do with theme - it is related to TWRP itself. Besides I've updated SU app yesterday.
    My previous comment about phone getting warmer was a bit silly - of course it will get warm as I'm using recovery to perform backups/restores or installing ROMS... Please ignore that.

Ver4 is ready for testing - just replaced broken images and disabled some files from <resources> section.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/btqyx5pi5jdd88i/NbgDj_xg1k

If that won't be it - I think I'll correct all the images and align them properly and ask for help of other forum (maybe some more experienced themer or dev will lend me a hand) as I really have hit a brick wall.
    Thank you for your continuous support guys!
    2560x1600_Deus_Ex_Holo_-_ui.zip
    TWRP 2.6.3.1 on Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2

I used preset Wipe Cache&Dalvik. There was some errors like 'partition errors', on 2.6.3.0 everything works OK.
    Back button after wiping doesn't respond. I need to hard reset.

Maybe it is TWRP fault or this version (2.6.3.1) doesn't work on CM 10.2.

Sorry for late answer. I just tried it on my Nexus 10 and I have the same result: on 2.6.3.0 everything is ok, after upgrading to 2.6.3.1 wipe preset freezes tablet - also trying manual wipe cache partition gives me errors (even on stock TWRP theme). I tried e2fsck on all partitions and it reported errors on other partitions (that were corrected) and corrupted cache partition that couldn't be corrected. I'm on SentinelROM 4.80 (which is also based on CM, I think). I reverted to 2.6.3.0.
    I think we can assume that there are some problems with TWRP 2.6.3.1 and I recommend not to upgrade existing 2.6.3.0 yet. (On other devices I have working version 2.6.3.2, so it looks like manta has to wait a little bit more).
    There is no difference between stock themes for TWRP 2.6.3.0 and 2.6.3.1, so my theme should work ok but as I mentioned above I had problems with wiping cache partition on stock TWRP theme as well.

Thanks for reporting this issue - I'll put a word of warning in first post.
    wow, awesome them, wished this would also be avaible for the nexus 4 :good:

Hehe, already started working on it :D It'll take some time, couple of weeks probably as I don't have much free time at the moment. Also it'll have different layout as screen size is smaller and it will be in portrait mode. I'll try keep the same "feel" to it, though.
    I can confirm that ver 4 is working great. No longer freezing in the restore screen. I tested a few function and all seem good on my N4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Thanks!
    When someone with GNex and some other owners of N4 will verify Ver4 (hopefully it will work fine) - I'll fix all the bitmaps and reupload full themes for both resolutions.

So far you're second person that doesn't have problems with Ver4. Fingers crossed there will be more!