[Q] Apps keep auto-quitting

Search This thread

DiagonalDog

Aug 31, 2014
I have a Kindle Fire HD 7", which I purchased in September 2013. Its been working fine until recently. About a month ago I downloaded the 1Mobile Market 3rd party app (likely my first mistake) so I culd play Pokemon ROMs on my Kindle. This caused no problems initially. Recently I noticed it continually causing my downloads from Silk to fail (PDFs mostly) so I uninstalled it. Still no problems. The other day (about a week or two after uninstalling) I was playing a Pokemon ROM and when I quit out it kept opening random apps instead of going to the Home screen. after I kept hitting the home button and getting random apps instead for awhile, I restarted my Kindle, hoping that might help. Now, instead of doing that, it just auto closes any app I try to use and most menu options. If I swipe down, go to "More", then "Applications" (in an attempt to see if any running applications are causing the issue it goes immediately back to home. I've tried restarting it several times to no avail. Now I can't even read any books for more than a few seconds. Any advice or am I just screwed?