Motorola Cliq

Search This thread

xspeed9190

Jan 22, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Ok guys this is seriously a dumb ass argument I have been in the cell phone industry for over 15 years and everyone makes duds plain and simple. I prefer HTC but if you are gonna sit here and say that hands down HTC devices have less issues then motorolas then you are just a idiot. If you do the math based on production quantity they all equal about the same in duds. Does motorola have more dead or issue devices then HTC? yes Does motorola produce 4 times the quantity of devices then HTC? yes

The fact is if you make 4 times the amount of a product it is likely you will have 4 times the amount of problems its the nature of the beast. The cliq is very well made and very stable with its aluminum frame. The g1 is not as stable with its plastic frame. However both are very well made devices maybe u got a bad cliq maybe your pref is for a recessed keyboard like the g1 has but the plain and simple truth is who gives a crap in the end it boils down to your choice and your preference so can we get back to the real point of this here and get to working on root rather then bashing a company cause you dont like them.

Hey bro i didnt think we were arguing. I thought it was just a friendly discussion till we get root...:)
And your absolutely right more diversity and quantity of products would statistically yield a higher number of DOA/defective devices..but in motorola terms its every phone has something wrong with it. Look at the rizr center buttons fall out...LOL come on. Actv...always says invalid battery and the picture on the box shows an analog clock but yet the phone does not have it in the OS..you know how many customers complained...ITS A STUPID CLOCK.
If we want to compare quantity like that, look at nokia..owns 36% of the worlds mobile handsets. But u dont seen any where near the quality issues of MOTO.
again if you think this is an argument that is not my intentions i just hate it when people fall for motorola every time because of clever marketing and product placement. It makes me feel like we are animals in their proverbial cages and they just give us what they want to and we assume they are the greatest thing since thats what they tell us

chorca

Jun 11, 2006
Orlando
I hate this phone but...i won one for free so before i through it off my roof i wanted to play with it.

Well hey, If you're gonna chuck it off the roof, I'll give ya five bucks for it and put it to good use too :) Let me know.

And to go along with the OT here, a Cliq Development (rooting) Wave has been started on Google Wave. It's public, and called "Motorola CLIQ/DEXT Development Wave" Searching along with the "with: public"(without the space) tag should help ya find it.

Last edited:

lb fam

Mar 17, 2009
Has there been any more progress made ? I am so looking forward to getting root access to this phone.:eek:

phatmanxxl

Dec 30, 2008
LG V20
Nokia Lumia 520
I saw that today, I was actually on the phone with Tmobile earlier trying to get a discount on one lol. The root process seems simple enough. Let us know how the cooked ROMs run once the devs start releasing them.

Digitaldreamer7

Apr 6, 2009
Tulsa
Been doing research on a new phone for awhile now I shattered the camera on my G1 and the Nexus one's 530$ price tag and lack of a physical keyboard is a total downer for me. I love my physical keyboard and really hope that these devices persist. I can't stand trying to push the buttons on the screen, i have big hands and always have to correct myself. at the leaked price point Id rather buy a shiny new 42in plasma tv or 3 new monitors for my computer etc, then a phone.

Best place for the root info and custom android builds for cliq is modmymoto.com. Thedude is working on it as we speak and since I have used many of his roms on my G1 I trust his stuff will be quality.

joe zack

Dec 14, 2008
[thankx bro work for me only the problem after, formatting hold menu+return
which i can see the menu key................thankx

liquiDangel

Feb 27, 2008
There is a leaked 2.1 for cliq, and Handler Exploit has a full working 2.1 thats release for about a month now I think. Of course it requires root, that is if u can't wait for Moto's official 2.1

i see.... thanks bro....
i think i will wait till moto launch 2.1...:)

btw does anyone know how to syncronise this cliq/dext with outlook?

techsign

Apr 24, 2009
Hi all, I really need to get past the stupid Motoblur login on this phone (Cliq). Is there any way that this COULD be done, even if it hasn't been? Rooting/ROMming doesn't count becuase you still have to login to begin with. The reasoning behind it is to enable USB debugging, so indeed if there is a way to do that without loging into motoblur. I would be willing to pay someone if they can come up with a solution. Anyone?!?

android_boy355

May 15, 2012
read sth

the motorola cliq is the first with social skills.....not the first that can use Facebook or Myspace but the coolest one......