{PLAY GSM/CDMA}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

konstruktor

May 11, 2013
i'm kinda confused about the new nightly builds on the official cm page because fxp said end of life after 216 - or is just the kernel eol?

konstruktor

May 11, 2013
betterbatterystats reports me deep sleeping. is it a false report?
battery life isn't as good as gb but i thought it would be a general ics "feature"

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
betterbatterystats reports me deep sleeping. is it a false report?
battery life isn't as good as gb but i thought it would be a general ics "feature"

If you're getting a report of deep sleep, that's great! It's not happening for me. My phone is never entering deep sleep, according to both CPU Spy and BetterBatteryStats. Been installed for almost a full day now, only been off the charger for a little over 2 hours, attached is a screenshot of BetterBatteryStats. Event 5-135 still has a wakelock almost 100% of the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-24-10-04-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-24-10-04-20.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 296

konstruktor

May 11, 2013
well i searched a bit around. event(x) seem to be the parts of the device itself.

event5 in our play seems to be the accelelerometer that is going nuts. i found this post by cosmicdan, that could explain your problem:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37424903&postcount=931

he does not come up with a solution, just that it could be an app or the hardware itself that's causing your issue.

looks like it just happens to aosp based roms and for just a very few people.

if you like cm9 perhaps give krissdee's hybrid rom a try. it's really solid and stock based.

Mogul345

Apr 14, 2006
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
well i searched a bit around. event(x) seem to be the parts of the device itself.

event5 in our play seems to be the accelelerometer that is going nuts. i found this post by cosmicdan, that could explain your problem:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37424903&postcount=931

he does not come up with a solution, just that it could be an app or the hardware itself that's causing your issue.

looks like it just happens to aosp based roms and for just a very few people.

if you like cm9 perhaps give krissdee's hybrid rom a try. it's really solid and stock based.

Oh, I know, I remember having the discussion w/ CosmicDan et. al. months ago. I doubt it's an app, as it happens right after wiping everything and installing FXP's ROM. I guess it could be hardware, but others were having the same issue. I was just hoping the last kernel updates solved it. NBD, we're EOL'ed, and I have to accept the fact that my dream phone is old and outdated and a replacement is not in Sony's pipeline, and it's time to pick one of the Google Edition devices :(

Reactions: Dany XP

Dany XP

Oct 30, 2011
Milano
Oh, I know, I remember having the discussion w/ CosmicDan et. al. months ago. I doubt it's an app, as it happens right after wiping everything and installing FXP's ROM. I guess it could be hardware, but others were having the same issue. I was just hoping the last kernel updates solved it. NBD, we're EOL'ed, and I have to accept the fact that my dream phone is old and outdated and a replacement is not in Sony's pipeline, and it's time to pick one of the Google Edition devices :(

Unfortunately I have to agree in last part of your reply. I already tempted in buying Nexus 4, but I will get Nexus 5 or Motor X or whatever the next Google phone will be for sure. For me, 2013 will be the Last year with Xperia Play, maybe even sooner, October or November...

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Seems Xperia crowd is dying off eh? =( Just listed mine for sale on ebay too today.. loved this guy, the built in gamepad is awesome. Just seems now it lacks the power that my other devices has for gaming. Just wish sony wouldve done what they claimed and given us a real store for it and made it play things.

Btw.. did this rom ever get the update that would make GTA 3 play right? I mean seems I couldnt play this unless I was on a OTA based rom without it freezing, Not to mention that odd analog stick glitch of not always working on games.

Tsais

Jun 20, 2011
I don't come here that often. When I do, I respond to all the necro posts I used to read when the stuff still existed out of pure nostalgia.

Top Liked Posts