{ROM}{UCLF6} Official ICS Stock Odexed, Deodexed, Rooted, Zipaligned, CRT

Search This thread

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
Thanks for giving us another option. I've never built a ROM so please excuse my ignorance. If this and flappjaxxx's both are based on stock, then reliability and speed should be roughly the same - correct? Is the only significant difference is the extras thrown in (tools, etc)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: bigfau

sukemecuke

Dec 16, 2010
hmmmm may have to try this one. My biggest gripe with the other custom ROM's it the GPS is terrible. It's not something you notice until you need it. DOH!

Reactions: bigfau

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks for giving us another option. I've never built a ROM so please excuse my ignorance. If this and flappjaxxx's both are based on stock, then reliability and speed should be roughly the same - correct? Is the only significant difference is the extras thrown in (tools, etc)?

Rich no ignorance...kk ;), we don't and most others...don't know it all. That's what makes the XDA community a learning experience, not a "hey I wanna make my phone kewl" right...?

Yes both are built on stock and yes are reliable and yes both are speedy. The mighty flappjaxx has his awesome tools in his. The great bigfau has his ver of apps and tweaks, so yes both are great products and both have their extras...it is hard to decide, just run one ROM, then the other...for a few days using what they have and see what you get out of it...either way you will be happy...IMHO

And thx you for visiting "big" industry :)

Last edited:

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hey brother bigjoe can you upload the Premium Suit and put a link in #2 post for Add ons?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

It appears the "Samsung Apps" app which is on the ROM, has updated all apps for the s pen, Ya check out, has the My Story, zen brush....

some cool stuff...some well not...but you all make the call...

So check the samsung app it will point out the S-Pen apps...;)

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
I belong in the dam OP where's my credit !!!! Give it where its do!!!! :) lol

What's up "BIG"industry :p

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I belong in the dam OP where's my credit !!!! Give it where its do!!!! :) lol
What's up "BIG"industry :p

picture.php

Reactions: armyboy11b

samic

Oct 2, 2010
Is it just me that the "Find on page" function in web browser is crashing

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
same here it crash....

Also I dont use it...i use dolphin and ics browser+ and quick ICS Browser.....

I don't think that's a ROM issue. I'm using FJ's stock deodexed(not the one posted here, just a deodexed stock ROM) and have the same fc. It must be a bug carried over from the official update that we're just noticing. If t wasn't stated here, I still wouldn't have realized it

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Clark Joseph Kent

Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I don't think that's a ROM issue. I'm using FJ's stock deodexed(not the one posted here, just a deodexed stock ROM) and have the same fc. It must be a bug carried over from the official update that we're just noticing. If t wasn't stated here, I still wouldn't have realized it

picture.php

ptclik85

Aug 21, 2009
Oppo N3
I can't get the 15 toggle mod to work. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik before I flashed and it was a no go. So please help me out

Jrock436

May 1, 2008
Seattle
www.facebook.com
I can't get the 15 toggle mod to work. I've tried wiping cache and dalvik before I flashed and it was a no go. So please help me out

The link I posted on page 1 works great, my process...
1. Installed this Rom and did a complete setup
2. Used phone till battery is 1%
3. Charged to 100% and booted into CWM
4. WIped Cache, Wipe Dalvik, WIpe Battery stats
5. Installed mod which I downloaded from the link I posted on page 1
6. Reboot phone
7. Was working fine after phone rebooted, Fixed Permissions anyway in Rom Manager
8. Rebooted and no issues all day today
I don't know what else I can help with but those were my steps on installing this Mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those about to STOCK!

I know the Official UCLF6 is pretty much covered by Flappjaxxx, But I took the time to do this base all by myself. So I'm posting it.
    For those who just want no frills stock with minor changes, here you go.

Features:
    * Rooted
    * Deodexed
    * Zipaligned
    * Busybox
    * UCLF6 Modem
    * CRT Off
    * SuperSU#
    * Custom UCLF6 kernel, unsecured, root adb, init.d support, custom boot animation support. {Thanks mohan_kr and Flappjaxxx}
    * Tethering Enabled {Thanks Electron73}
    * Nova Launcher added
    * Solid Explorer added
    * Face and Voice Unlock {Only works with Voice Talk}
    * 4-Way Reboot Mod
    * SIP Calling feature
    * Unknown Sources enabled by Default

Instructions:
    {1.} Download to sdcard
    {2.} Reboot to recovery
    {3.} Wipe data/factory reset
    {4.} Flash Rom
    {5.} Reboot

DOWNLOAD LINK

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Pure Stock--->-->MD5 {68d79dbb9717dbe18ccd02721dd3b754}

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Better Stock
    --->-->MD5 88e7c31fdfff6e66b07d389acce62653

SGH-I717-UCLF6-ODEXED-->-->MD5 {1a6f68d1df9ac49cc59b50b23234d4b7}

MIRRORS

SGH-I717-UCLF6 Better Stock

DEODEX--->> Apk files have respective odexes that devs use to supposedly save space. Deodexing means you convert it back to a .dex file and put it back inside the apk. This allows you to easily replace file (not having to worry about odexes), but the main point was to deodex services.jar so that you can change all text to different colors (such as the clock color to white) and to deodex services.jar, you need to deodex everything.

ODEX-->> In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These ‘odex’ files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applications difficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.

The "THANKS" button is there for a reason. So HIT it.
    Is it big enough​
    Add Ons

4-Way Reboot CWM Flashable
    Here is a 4 Way reboot mod, You can access recovery,download,reboot and hot reboot(?) through Restart on Power menu.
    Thanks to kahvitahra for the helpful guide.

4 WAY REBOOT

IF USING ON ODEXED ROM, RENAME THE ANDROIDPOLICY. ODEX TO ANDROIDPOLICY.ODEX.BAK THEN FLASH.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flashable CWM
    15 Quick Panel Toggles Purple

15 Quick Panel Toggles Green

15 Quick Panel Original Toggles White Themehttp://d-h.st/4Ro

IF USING ON ODEXED ROM REMAME SYSTEMIU.ODEX TO SYSTEMUI.ODEX.BAK THEN FLASH.

ZOINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I guess this one also