[OFFICIAL] Mugen Power 6400mah Battery Review

Search This thread

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...-samsung-galaxy-note-2-with-battery-door.html

Packaging:
The Mugen Power 6400mah Extended Battery for the Samsung Galaxy Note II comes in a very simple yet elegant packaging encasing the extended battery, custom battery door with stand, and also a leather pouch.

Looks:
Taken out of the packaging, the initial thought that jumps to mind is THICK. Yes, the 6400mah rated at more than double the battery life of the OEM battery is also double the thickness of the OEM battery. However, this was expected as doubling anything always come with a price. Minor print on the battery introduces its specifications (3.8V / 6400mah) along with several caution warnings.
The extended battery back comes with a surprise as well. The NFC chip is built into the extended backplate. Thus, consumers would not have to make do with no NFC if they opt for the Mugen Power Extended Battery. Best of both worlds, who doesn’t want that? Also, the backcover has a very detailed diamond shaped pattern that provides a textured feel to improve grip. The flash and camera cutouts are perfectly aligned and cut along with the SPEN cutout as well. The kickstand on this unit is much better than any of the previously reviewed batteries for other phones. Mugen Power seemed to have finally fixed their flimsy stand issue as the current stand provides support and rigidity when opened, and sits tight and flush with the back when closed.
The leather pouch included is BIG, big to a point that I have not found an excuse to transfer from my current slim case to this pouch. However, for those leather lovers out there, this may hit the sweet spot for you. Who thought you’d be getting a pouch when all you care for is the battery? Just to make one thing clear, the pouch DOES NOT seem to be made for the extended battery cover, as the phone sits REALLY tight in there, which does not seem right. However, with OEM battery, the phone fits in the pouch just fine.

Performance:
This battery is AMAZING. The Note 2 itself already has one of the most excellent battery life in the android crowd, but this battery takes it another step further. With the original 3100mah battery, I am able to make it just past 2 days of moderate usage with an average of 5 hours screen on. This usage includes surfing, slight 1 hour gaming, videos, lots and lots and lots of chatting and texting, and 30 minutes of calling.
With the Mugen Battery, regular usage lasted me over 4 DAYS with similar usage stated above. This makes true Mugen’s claim of doubling the battery life, and really comes in handy if you are going on a long trip where a wall plug becomes a luxury.
I also wanted to see how the battery would do if I stressed on gaming and video watching. In this area, I was even more surprised. The screen shots attached show clearly how I tested the battery. In one day, of over 11 hours screen on, around 4 of them was due to very intense high graphics ONLINE gaming, which is a BIG battery sucker. Additionally, web surfing and video watching along with tapatalk are amongst the remaining few hours of usage. (BRIGHTNESS ALWAYS AT 50%) No matter what you say about this battery, for gamers, this is a MUST. I used to have to change/charge my battery more 5 times (not 0-100 charges) throughout the day if I game this much. With mugen, that worry is gone, as I am 100% certain that no matter what I do with my phone. It would last me through the day, EASY.

Nothing in the world is made perfect, and so isn’t the Mugen Power Extended Battery. Though the cover fits the phone perfectly with the extended battery inside, there is a slight hollowness within the phone that allows the battery to shift around inside. Its not to a level such that the battery would loose its connection, but it just feels hollow and when you feel the battery move inside, it just annoys you. An easy fix was applied by adding a business card on top of the battery then closing the phone.

SO, it you are planning on a long trip, or if you are a avid gamer/ user, and is not satisfied with your battery life, Mugen Power's 6400mah battery for your galaxy note 2 really is the way to go as they produce one of the best quality batteries on the market with proper customer support. One downside however, is that you have to overcome that steep price and also a slight downgrade in looks of your phone.

OH, and IT STILL DOES FIT INSIDE YOUR POCKET JUST FINE…

Last edited:

KLUVJ

Sep 15, 2011
Richmond Hill
Additional Pictures

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,062
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,061
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 977
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 946
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 943
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 899
Reactions: Nyto75

scottmog

Jun 6, 2007
excellent review, I'm fairly sure I'll pick one up before i go to europe in a couple months. For now though on a regular day to day basis I use about 45-55% of my battery in a full day (6am-10pm). Probably 25% of the battery is from work and the other 25% is at home.

rickyvee

Jun 19, 2006
Manhattan
i just got one and....

It's a real pain in the ass.
Charged it for 12 hrs.
Started with battery drain apps, but don't feel like stressing all the components that much.
So I'm using it my normal heavy amount, which makes me always keep my mind on the battery.
Well it just Won't discharge! !!!!
At this rate it'll take me more that a week to train the battery with 5 cycles.
No Way drain in a day. No matter what I do.
How annoying.
;)

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
Nice review. I still could never pay that much. I just got the hyperion 6300 and tpu case for under $30. I am very impressed with its quality. So far people are having almost the exact same results with the anker and hyperion as the op.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

elevul

Jul 1, 2012
Travelling
Thanks.
If I get a gnote2 I will probably pick this up as well.

Though I kinda hope for the gnote3 to have a native 6000mah battery (with aftermarket upgrades going to 10k+). :D

Last edited:

ghoulhunter

Dec 19, 2012
Nice review, I'm thinking of buying one of these, but I can't say that I like the bulkiness. My Note 2 is sexy as it is with my UAG cover, oh well, I'll sleep on it.

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
Not to knock down the product, as you guys know I do reviews of numerous accessories in this forum and try to stay fare to product value (I will tell you if its a premium product and extra price gets you extra quality, etc.). But when you look at Mugen 6400 mAh for $105 and Anker 6200 mAh for $17 how do you justify price difference? Both are trusted companies in my book. Yes, Mugen battery cover is premium with kickstand and built-in NFC (although even video reviewer had some issues?). But what else?!? That is a HUGE price difference. Any idea? I have tested Innocell 4500 mAh which I found to have a higher capacity, closer to 500 mAh, and I couldn't justify its price either. The only advantage in there was ACTIVE Extended rugged case to use with typical double thickness extended batteries.

elevul

Jul 1, 2012
Travelling
Not to knock down the product, as you guys know I do reviews of numerous accessories in this forum and try to stay fare to product value (I will tell you if its a premium product and extra price gets you extra quality, etc.). But when you look at Mugen 6400 mAh for $105 and Anker 6200 mAh for $17 how do you justify price difference? Both are trusted companies in my book. Yes, Mugen battery cover is premium with kickstand and built-in NFC (although even video reviewer had some issues?). But what else?!? That is a HUGE price difference. Any idea? I have tested Innocell 4500 mAh which I found to have a higher capacity, closer to 500 mAh, and I couldn't justify its price either. The only advantage in there was ACTIVE Extended rugged case to use with typical double thickness extended batteries.
I suppose because Mugen can be trusted (so many of the extended batteries are china fakes...) and provide warrantly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...-samsung-galaxy-note-2-with-battery-door.html

Packaging:
    The Mugen Power 6400mah Extended Battery for the Samsung Galaxy Note II comes in a very simple yet elegant packaging encasing the extended battery, custom battery door with stand, and also a leather pouch.

Looks:
    Taken out of the packaging, the initial thought that jumps to mind is THICK. Yes, the 6400mah rated at more than double the battery life of the OEM battery is also double the thickness of the OEM battery. However, this was expected as doubling anything always come with a price. Minor print on the battery introduces its specifications (3.8V / 6400mah) along with several caution warnings.
    The extended battery back comes with a surprise as well. The NFC chip is built into the extended backplate. Thus, consumers would not have to make do with no NFC if they opt for the Mugen Power Extended Battery. Best of both worlds, who doesn’t want that? Also, the backcover has a very detailed diamond shaped pattern that provides a textured feel to improve grip. The flash and camera cutouts are perfectly aligned and cut along with the SPEN cutout as well. The kickstand on this unit is much better than any of the previously reviewed batteries for other phones. Mugen Power seemed to have finally fixed their flimsy stand issue as the current stand provides support and rigidity when opened, and sits tight and flush with the back when closed.
    The leather pouch included is BIG, big to a point that I have not found an excuse to transfer from my current slim case to this pouch. However, for those leather lovers out there, this may hit the sweet spot for you. Who thought you’d be getting a pouch when all you care for is the battery? Just to make one thing clear, the pouch DOES NOT seem to be made for the extended battery cover, as the phone sits REALLY tight in there, which does not seem right. However, with OEM battery, the phone fits in the pouch just fine.

Performance:
    This battery is AMAZING. The Note 2 itself already has one of the most excellent battery life in the android crowd, but this battery takes it another step further. With the original 3100mah battery, I am able to make it just past 2 days of moderate usage with an average of 5 hours screen on. This usage includes surfing, slight 1 hour gaming, videos, lots and lots and lots of chatting and texting, and 30 minutes of calling.
    With the Mugen Battery, regular usage lasted me over 4 DAYS with similar usage stated above. This makes true Mugen’s claim of doubling the battery life, and really comes in handy if you are going on a long trip where a wall plug becomes a luxury.
    I also wanted to see how the battery would do if I stressed on gaming and video watching. In this area, I was even more surprised. The screen shots attached show clearly how I tested the battery. In one day, of over 11 hours screen on, around 4 of them was due to very intense high graphics ONLINE gaming, which is a BIG battery sucker. Additionally, web surfing and video watching along with tapatalk are amongst the remaining few hours of usage. (BRIGHTNESS ALWAYS AT 50%) No matter what you say about this battery, for gamers, this is a MUST. I used to have to change/charge my battery more 5 times (not 0-100 charges) throughout the day if I game this much. With mugen, that worry is gone, as I am 100% certain that no matter what I do with my phone. It would last me through the day, EASY.

Nothing in the world is made perfect, and so isn’t the Mugen Power Extended Battery. Though the cover fits the phone perfectly with the extended battery inside, there is a slight hollowness within the phone that allows the battery to shift around inside. Its not to a level such that the battery would loose its connection, but it just feels hollow and when you feel the battery move inside, it just annoys you. An easy fix was applied by adding a business card on top of the battery then closing the phone.

SO, it you are planning on a long trip, or if you are a avid gamer/ user, and is not satisfied with your battery life, Mugen Power's 6400mah battery for your galaxy note 2 really is the way to go as they produce one of the best quality batteries on the market with proper customer support. One downside however, is that you have to overcome that steep price and also a slight downgrade in looks of your phone.

OH, and IT STILL DOES FIT INSIDE YOUR POCKET JUST FINE…
    Additional Pictures
    I suppose because Mugen can be trusted (so many of the extended batteries are china fakes...) and provide warrantly.

This is also true with anker batteries.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app