[OTA] MA7 update.zip Download

Search This thread

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
I tryed it three times with your rom and it wouldn't update, it goes thru the process and when its all done updating when it reboots I'll still be on ljc, it's wired but no biggie I just had to downgrade back with odin and I was able to update, but dont get me wrong your method works awesome to revert back to ljc.....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app
Not sure what your issues were but heres my steps with screenshots to revert. Feel free to observe the system clock times Ive repeated this multiple times no issues
Screenshot_2013-02-15-19-30-47.png

Not trying to come off as a **** or anything just want people to realize that there is a no bul**** method to get back to ljc

Last edited:

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
You know wat bro my bad I use the first method you posted before you did the final one.

tionne22

Apr 19, 2011
Sorry for the noob ish question. But could someone give me a little info on how to root MA7 and install TWRP.... sorry guys I just don't wanna take s chance of bricking

na_tra

Feb 14, 2010
The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

Download:

Instructions:
  • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
  • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
  • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
  • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
  • Choose install update from external SDcard.
  • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
  • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
Enjoy!

Hi there:

I just got the sprint note 2 yesterday and still stock LJC. I want to get the MA7 update. According to your instruction, I just skip step 3: Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Am I correct?

TIA

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Hi there:

I just got the sprint note 2 yesterday and still stock LJC. I want to get the MA7 update. According to your instruction, I just skip step 3: Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Am I correct?

TIA
If your still stock ljc then just flash the ma7 update in Stock recovery.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Sorry for the noob ish question. But could someone give me a little info on how to root MA7 and install TWRP.... sorry guys I just don't wanna take s chance of bricking

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

Nothing changed in how you install twrp. Why are people acting like this update in turns the phone into a fckn transformer or something? Its the same phone after you update. nothing changes

Most people used OCs that renamed recovery-from-boot.p already... meaning a recovery flash stuck without booting directly to it.

Those flashing a recovery MUST boot directly to it after flashing using the "3 finger salute." I start when I see the flash finish and hold until the splash screen comes up. Works like a charm :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rwilco12

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

billard412

Jan 9, 2012
Da burg (412), PA
www.sxtpdevelopers.com
Wasnt doing any bashing im just saying people are freaking like the phone is gna blow up. This update has nothing we haven't seen before. Even what garwynn is saying. The recovery-from-boot file is nothing new nor is the 3 finger trick to bypass it. Or others worried about getting back to ljc. Or the changes in the sboot that so far seem to be irrelevant. Its another update thread getting derailed with the same old crap. Update the phone and be willing to take the good and bad changes or don't update.

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
Wasnt doing any bashing im just saying people are freaking like the phone is gna blow up. This update has nothing we haven't seen before. Even what garwynn is saying. The recovery-from-boot file is nothing new nor is the 3 finger trick to bypass it. Or others worried about getting back to ljc. Or the changes in the sboot that so far seem to be irrelevant. Its another update thread getting derailed with the same old crap. Update the phone and be willing to take the good and bad changes or don't update.

Im with you on that and understand 100% bro.

illb456

Jul 26, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.MySpace.com
I can't seem to get to the stock recovery. Using the 3 finger salute, I get the option to press volume up to flash a custom OS, then it takes me into Odin mode.

I came from stock rooted, and flashed billiards reset. So far I've tried reflashing the stock recovery in Odin, but no luck. Odin does show flash counter at 0 with official binary. Am I missing something?

jdee323

Dec 20, 2011
los angeles
I can't seem to get to the stock recovery. Using the 3 finger salute, I get the option to press volume up to flash a custom OS, then it takes me into Odin mode.

I came from stock rooted, and flashed billiards reset. So far I've tried reflashing the stock recovery in Odin, but no luck. Odin does show flash counter at 0 with official binary. Am I missing something?
power+home+volume up takes you to recovery

Reactions: na_tra

cherylbaker

Jan 21, 2006
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

At the risk of being slammed. .what is this recovery from boot thing you mentioned ..

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The OTA for MA7 just came out today and it's starting to hit phones left and right. For those who don't want to wait for it we managed to pull the update.zip this morning.* We're posting it here for you to enjoy!

To flash this your phone must be on 100% stock LJC and unrooted. It can only be flashed through Stock Recovery.

WARNING: Some people are reporting issues with trying to flash back to LJC after updating to MA7. If there is any possibility you'd want to go back to LJC after this please don't flash it.

Download:

Instructions:
    • Download the ma7 update to your PC and rename it to "update.zip" (without quotes).
    • Place the update.zip in the root directory of your External SD card.
    • Odin back to stock unrooted LJC. Available here: http://rwilco12.com/downloads.php?d...PH-L900)/Stock ROMs/LJC/Full Restore/Unrooted
    • Reboot to stock recovery. The "Three Finger Salute" works best. Hold down Volume Up, Home and Power until the Samsung Note 2 splash screen displays and then release.
    • Choose install update from external SDcard.
    • The device will automatically reboot after a successful flash.
    • Once booted up, device will display android updating in a countdown graph.
    Enjoy!
    I'll stick with MA5 for now too. I have no complaints at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

MA5 was just a leak and not official. MA7 is official. While I understand that's not all that important but there's a reason MA5 wasn't official.
    Just an FYI if all you want is root you can still use CF-Auto-Root while on MA7 to regain root access. I just did it without any issues.

Well you gotta understand when people update there phone they wanna make sure they use the right root method, things sometimes change when there's updates so cut him some slack thats what the forums are for to help out each other not to bash them for asking a simple question.

Who is going to win the odexed and deodexed rooted zip race?
    :D

I hear rumors that one or two people already have some in the works... ;)