Allwinner A10 ROM images,how to modify any custom ROM for any allwinner A10 device.

Search This thread

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Hello all,I had bought a local tablet from calcutta called ICE Xtreme on which I had nightmares,but it also helped me learn n now here is it,a short yet complete guide for ur allwinner devices.

Like me,some of u might have been bored enough abt the stock rom that we decide to experiment.since allwinner CPUs can boot over USB(livesuit mode) n SD cards (phoenixcard) we think nothing will b wrong n flash without a full rom backup (i hav a script uploaded here,find it n hav a look), after the flash we find the stock ROM gone,camera,touch,wi-fi etc gone haywires n cache is mounted as SDCARD!!! Yes,those who used livesuit hav been in stuff lik this. Now I was also in one n upon reading alot I hav seen ppl editing bootloaders,using keyboard mouse,plugging HDMI(lcd broken). After a month of fiddling wit my device its time i share a shortcut that can save many hours of ur life.

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Also do backup the boot n bootloader on ur pc as sumtimes flashing destroys the SD.

1st step. Backup ur bootloader n boot images. Use "cat dev/block/nandc > sdcard/dump/boot.img" to backup boot..nw backup bootloader the same way,by replacing nandc wit nanda.

Last edited:

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Now u use adb pull method to backup ur system,etc,data(its optional,only do it if u want ur apps).n any other folder from the root of ur device.my script can help u do it instantly. Anyways,u must get the etc n system folder.
After that ur free to flash any ROM image through any method (actually,livesuits the best if u can find the img). Now after flash ur device is on right?? Does the SDCARD mount??if no then turn on USB debug,in adb shell type cd dev/block <enter> then type ls n ull see a list of nand partitions,the last one is the SDCARD in raw format.so format is by: su busybox mkfs.vfat dev/block/nand[drive letter,i.e. nandj] n then type vold.ur sdcard will mount.

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Now send those boot n bootloader files to SDCARD/dump. U can use mkdir or mannually make the dir n copy. Thn simply type "cat sdcard/dump/boot.img > dev/block/nandc" n same way type nanda n bootloader to restore the bootloader. Now use adb to push the files of ur stock ROM system/vendor/modules(which u backed up earlier) to tablets system/vendor/modules. N the contents of etc folder to etc on the tablet.nw reboot.
Hey!!! Its working.the LCD shift is gone,cam n wi-fi doing good,touch is not reversed or stuff. Congratulations u restored ur tablet,n now running a completely diffrent ROM on it.enjoy.

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Heres another shortcut ive learned. U can get any update.zip n convert it to licesuit image. Just extract the system dir. Thn copy it to ur SDCARD. Make modification if needed,copy the modules u backed up.In adb shell type make_ext4fs -s -l 300M -a system <filename.img> (dir of ur system,i.e mnt/sdcard/system) it will make u a .img file which is same as the system.fex file u get when u break a livesuit image. Copy n replace the ROMs boot n bootloader.fex files wit ur backed up boot n bootloader.img (rename .img to .fex) pack the image again to livesuit format n burn it. It will install like a normal ROM. BUT MAKE SURE FILE PERMISSIONS OF READ WRITE N EXECUTE IS INTACT. ELSE ULL ENJOY HOURS OF BOOTANIMATION. but if ur stuck use the method above n flash any other ROM n fix the RON fr ur device. Guys ROM developing n editing fr allwinner devices are not easy...BTW id lik to thank user [iamabadduck] fr his actual A10 backup script. On which i made mine. Im still doing experiments. Hope this info i shared makes the readers modest enough to make the hit thanks. Bye. [ ill b around,so if any quests,ill ans them].

xamien

May 11, 2013
I was very excited to see someone finally post a guide for these mysterious tablets! Thank you!

However, I ran into some difficulties trying to make use of them, but I think this has more to do with my hardware and trying to match it with the appropriate ROM and compatibility zip.

You see, I have a Kocaso M1060W. It's a very nice little tablet but trying to identify it has been difficult. As far I can tell, it's a clone of the Protab2XXL (I don't know what version) or something called the BC1077. It seems easier identifying other Allwinner A10's, apparently. I know some identifying information can be found in the build.prop file and that's how I figured out the tablets of which it is a clone. I even tried finding a database of different ImageSuit images I could try to use, but either there is none or my Google skills are suffering. Does it matter that Kocaso chose to go with PhoenixCard for flashing their tablets? Some documentation suggests the images for both are the same.

Can you help me find documentation that would help me identify the board and the hardware? Let me know what information you need from the tablet, and I will get it to you. Identification would go a long way towards me making use of your steps.

Also, a question. After the rom is flashed and you "adb shell" in, you have me trying to mount the sdcard directory via the nand block devices, and then entering "vold". It doesn't error but nothing seems to happen. Even stranger, running "mount" tells me that it's done something. Is it because most of the ROM flashes require the data wipe that I should assume I have the capability to read/write within the SDCARD directory?

konyazsolt

Nov 7, 2011
Allwinner A10 ghost touch (Icoo D70W, goodix chip)

Hello There!

I've got this tablet since last year, but it worked brilliantly for four minutes only.

Here is some detail:
ICOO D70W, Allwinner A10 board , 1 Gb of RAM and 8Gb storage, ICS android.
7 inch IPS display on 1024X600 resolution capacitive multitouch.

The original firmware was a nightmare, so slow , and full of chinese thing with no google play, quick decision -> get another firmware.
I've installed an actual version of AOKP ( I think it was the 9th version) and I used one of those comp file which was for an ainol tablet same hardware details.

After this , my big four minetes has started until a figured out the camera does not work.
I used another compatibility file, from a hyundai tablet same camera details, camera ok , but the touch chip went down and cannot get back, since that.

Ghost touches on the screen, but the normal touches are recognised as well.

Do you have any idea, how to reflash that touch driver chip?

attached files from the original firmware, maybe give some help:
And a video on y_-tube, with this watchcode: YfNZf2BgL3w or use "ICOO D70W ghost touch problem" keyword
Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

Attachments

• 2013-03-19_203530_logcat.txt
    138.1 KB · Views: 562
  • 2013-03-19_203540_dmesg.txt
    45 KB · Views: 168
  • 2013-03-19_203550.jpg
    2013-03-19_203550.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,217

fsebentley

May 2, 2013
Montezuma
Compatability

Hello There!

I've got this tablet since last year, but it worked brilliantly for four minutes only.

Here is some detail:

The original firmware was a nightmare, so slow , and full of chinese thing with no google play, quick decision -> get another firmware.
I've installed an actual version of AOKP ( I think it was the 9th version) and I used one of those comp file which was for an ainol tablet same hardware details.

After this , my big four minetes has started until a figured out the camera does not work.
I used another compatibility file, from a hyundai tablet same camera details, camera ok , but the touch chip went down and cannot get back, since that.

And a video on y_-tube, with this watchcode: YfNZf2BgL3w or use "ICOO D70W ghost touch problem" keyword
Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

If you could Post an lsmod from both the Working Firmware and the Non-Working I will take a swing at answering your question...The problem is likely one compat file is installing drivers for one of Your pieces of hardware and not the other and the other compat file is istalling the driver for the other piece but not the One... confusing sounding...
But Bottom Line is If I had the Lsmod from the working Hardware and the 2 compatability files you tried I could likely alter one of the compatability files to cover All of your hardware.

Or better yet pull the Bootloader.img and the Boot.img out of your Tab and send them to me...
you can do this by opening a cmd window from a directory where you wish to store the .img files then type the following :

adb shell su -c "cat /dev/block/nandc > /mnt/sdcard/nandc-root.img" (Press enter Key)
adb pull /mnt/sdcard/nandc-root.img (Press enter Key)

That will give you the Boot.img (named nandc-root.img)

adb shell su -c "cat /dev/block/nanda > /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img" (Press enter Key)
adb pull /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img (Press enter Key)

That will give the bootloader.img (named nanda-bootloader.img)

send those from both your OEM Rom that is working and the Target Rom you wish to make work .... from that I can either write a compat patch for it or send back the edited ones from your Target Rom (the one you wish to work)

Last edited:

cybermate123

Mar 9, 2013
Kolkata
Srry i cudnt keep my promise of being around. Had been pretty busy looking for stock JB ROMs in livesuit format. Found some. Some worked n some didnt. Will abt the touchscreen issue if that Rom has a focaltech ftx_5x touchscreen its broken. U hav to compile it again leaving out the multitouch part in a header file. Do a google search. There r alot of articles. N abt da nand part well not all roms break the internal SD partition. The busybox thing u do only when ur internal cards dont mount. It will NOT WORK FOR A MICROSD IF U HAV ONE. Its generally mounted as extsd.

btiu

Apr 9, 2013
Manila
Try reading from here:

Hello There!

Here is some detail:

Thanks in advance.

Zsolt

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520943
It's a thread about the allwinner A10 or EKEN T01A.. it shows how to reflash to original and updated EKEN firmwares via livesuit. And also i think they mentioned something about touchscreen issues. Hope it helps :)

Last edited:

nacxo

Apr 8, 2012
Hi please help me! I have nightmares too with my tablet:
Hi, i have a mid tabler model HBD-Mid-708G like that http://marcopolocompany.fucsio.com/e...oducts/MC-708G . This is a Boxchip a10 with 11 partitions, i get this info throw ADB.
My problem was try to install CWM getting the error Can´t Mount / Read!!!!!
I have been used this roms:
F1-4.1.1-20130319.2.0.6-A721_v4.2
pdf_android4.0.10_ctp7_public_en_0319
Q7_512M+flash+Gmail
rom_woo_comet_404_291112_0cd4d
RSH-A10-C2
speed.1.1.1
sun4i_crane_t01a-linsay-20120411

and only rom_woo_comet where some Ok! .
Solved this CWM problem flashing a rom_woo_comet using LiveSuit but the result is an screen resolution problem: (the image attach) .
So please any can say me a correct rom?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20130701_105816.jpg
    IMG_20130701_105816.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,260

djahma

Apr 11, 2010
accessing nand

hi there,
this is interesting stuff you are talking about here. Unfortunately, I get stuck to the beginning. How do you access the nand???
you say sart with cat dev/block/nandc > sdcard/dump/boot.img
I'd love to but where do you enter these commands? When I connect my tablet to my computer, I see certains parts as usb storage, and I have no way of entering commands to the tablet. From within android, everything is blocked...
thanks for your help

fsebentley

May 2, 2013
Montezuma
Hi please help me! I have nightmares too with my tablet:
Hi, i have a mid tabler model HBD-Mid-708G like that http://marcopolocompany.fucsio.com/e...oducts/MC-708G . This is a Boxchip a10 with 11 partitions, i get this info throw ADB.
My problem was try to install CWM getting the error Can´t Mount / Read!!!!!
I have been used this roms:
F1-4.1.1-20130319.2.0.6-A721_v4.2
pdf_android4.0.10_ctp7_public_en_0319
Q7_512M+flash+Gmail
rom_woo_comet_404_291112_0cd4d
RSH-A10-C2
speed.1.1.1
sun4i_crane_t01a-linsay-20120411

and only rom_woo_comet where some Ok! .
Solved this CWM problem flashing a rom_woo_comet using LiveSuit but the result is an screen resolution problem: (the image attach) .
So please any can say me a correct rom?
Thanks

You need to edit your script.bin inside the bootloader.img... there is a utility to do this on techknow.me...
to do it manually you need to extract the script.bin file from the bootloader.img ... easiest way is from adb shell
Open a windows command window (this assumes you have adb.exe in your Path .. if not you must do this from the
same folder where adb.exe is located)

type the following

adb shell su -c "cat /dev/block/nanda > /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img"
adb pull /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img

this will place a file called nanda-bootloader.img in the folder where you ran the windows command window.

Now copy the file to your Linux Machine or VM
and from a terminal do the following:

mkdir bootloader
sudo mount -t vfat ./nanda-bootloader.img bootloader

This mounts the bootloader image to the bootloader folder.... in the bootloader folder copy the script.bin file to another location for editing.

to edit it must be converted to fex... you will need the fex tools for this I have them posted here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/Nzn6PV-b/tools.html

your Linux machine has to be x64 for those to work.

from the folder containing the tools folder and script.bin file open a terminal and do the following:

./tools/bin2fex script.bin > script.fex

this will create the script.fex file which is editable in a linux text editor, open the file and edit the [lcd0_para] section
to correct your screen shift ... the exact settings needed are impossible for me to determine as I do not
have your tab nor the rom you originally had on it.. if you have the original rom available (with screen position correct)
you can pull the script.bin from that rom and replace the entire [lcd0_para] section with the same section from your working rom
to solve the issue.

once edited convert back to .bin from a terminal with the following commands:

./tool/fex2bin script.fex > script.bin

now open the bootloader folder as superuser and delete the script.bin and script0.bin located inside...
copy the new script.bin file in and also copy it and rename the copy to script0.bin and place that there as well.

then from folder containing bootloader folder open a terminal and do the following:

sudo umount bootloader

now copy nanda-bootloader.img to windows machine.

open a Command window in the folder containing your new nanda-bootloader.img file and do the following

adb push nanda-bootloader.img /mnt/sdcard
adb shell su -c "cat /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img > /dev/block/nanda"
adb shell rm /mnt/sdcard/nanda-bootloader.img
adb shell su -c "sync"
adb shell su -c "reboot"

if all was done properly your tab should now reboot with the correct screen geometry. The utility I mentioned does
pretty much all of this for you, but i cannot link it here as it is on techknow.me which requires registration to
download ... and the rules forbid links to such sites here.

I hope that all helps you.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

hi there,
this is interesting stuff you are talking about here. Unfortunately, I get stuck to the beginning. How do you access the nand???
you say sart with cat dev/block/nandc > sdcard/dump/boot.img
I'd love to but where do you enter these commands? When I connect my tablet to my computer, I see certains parts as usb storage, and I have no way of entering commands to the tablet. From within android, everything is blocked...
thanks for your help

You must have the ADB drivers installed and know where they are located, placing them in your Path statement is a good idea if you intend to do much ROM editing or direct Tablet commands from and adb shell.

NOTE: To open a command window from any folder on your computer in Explorer browse to the folder you want to open command window from
then in an area of the folder window that is empty right click mouse while holding shift then select open command window here

Once you have ADB INstalled, if the adb.exe is in your path open a command window from any folder you like on windows and type the commands in the command window. If ADB.exe is not in your path you must open a command window in the folder containing adb.exe
(Usually the android SDK Platform tools folder)

I Hope that helps

Reactions: Slow50 and ykchavan

djahma

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks fsebentley, I've now copied all nandX partitions.
what I'm trying to do now, is to create a bootable sd card. I believe I must tailor u-boot.bin to boot a specific kernel with my specific hardware setup.
I've found a lot of resource for arm boards, but almost none for tablets, except for direct flashing but I'm not ready to go this far.
So, do you know about a nice tool to read what's in u-boot.bin and eventually modify it?

csikos90

Aug 15, 2013
Touchpad driver

Hi!

I need some help!! I want to include touchpad driver an cm9 installer because when I instal the system with CWM but the touchpad not working!!!
Here is the topic where you can find the ROM: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1861445

Sorry I write here because I can't write in the original topic.

Thank for help!!!

Nov 10, 2012
Apad 711 stuck at boot logo

Hi Guys,

I need help. one of my friend has a Apad711 tablet and his stock android recovery was changed by cwm 5.08 incorrect version and hence the power + - or power button was not responding.

I took over and had flashed 6.0.2 8 cwm by following this forum http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2189640
and recovery was working properly, but then i though of upgrading it to cyanogen mod 9 and downloaded the files using this forum
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760929

however after the update was completed the touchscreen didnt work and I had to connect a usb OTG cable along with usb mouse to get into recovery. I then did a little research and tried flashing a couple of compatibility zip

711i_compatibility_1.1.0.zip, lyf1_compatibility_1.1.0.zip, 711i_compatibility_1.2.0.zip, lyf1_compatibility_1.2.0.zip which had similar specs from this website http://old.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/misc/

but even after doing so touchscreen,camers etc didnt work.
since i had made a backup of stock rom using cwm before flashing cyanogenmod 9 i thought of restoring it back using cwm 6.0.2.8
i was able to restore the back up but to my surprise i am now stuck at apad boot logo and cannot boot to recovery using the volume - and power key. i tried to connect the tablet to pc so that i can get into adb interface and reboot to recovery but the computer detects the tab as unknown device

I now need help to get into recovery and flash a rom that would make it work or complete tutorial to install/flash a new /stock rom or cyanogenmod to get the device back to life.

please refer to the manufacturers website link listed below for specs:--

http://www.apadtab.com/711_spec.php

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sammekevremde

Aug 20, 2009
allwinner a10., broken bootloader

Hi i've got a eneoze tablet with an allwinner A10., now i've flashed my bootloader with berryboot en it was working., later i wanted to change some things in de configs of the berryboot bootloader and i messed up. Now my tablet is completely dead.

It doesn't doe anything when i try to turn it on., de screen doesn't even light up., it isn't recognised when i connect it to the pc so fastboot., adb aren't working eather.

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this.?

Greets Sam

djahma

Apr 11, 2010
Hi i've got a eneoze tablet with an allwinner A10., now i've flashed my bootloader with berryboot en it was working., later i wanted to change some things in de configs of the berryboot bootloader and i messed up. Now my tablet is completely dead.

It doesn't doe anything when i try to turn it on., de screen doesn't even light up., it isn't recognised when i connect it to the pc so fastboot., adb aren't working eather.

Do you have any ideas on how to resolve this.?

Greets Sam

If you can't flash it from your pc, create a bootable sd card. For example, you could copy your berryboot image to the sd card and boot from it.
Supposedly, you saved your tablet nand into an image before messing up with that nand. Once you boot from sd, flash the nand again with that saved image. Good luck to you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,I had bought a local tablet from calcutta called ICE Xtreme on which I had nightmares,but it also helped me learn n now here is it,a short yet complete guide for ur allwinner devices.

Like me,some of u might have been bored enough abt the stock rom that we decide to experiment.since allwinner CPUs can boot over USB(livesuit mode) n SD cards (phoenixcard) we think nothing will b wrong n flash without a full rom backup (i hav a script uploaded here,find it n hav a look), after the flash we find the stock ROM gone,camera,touch,wi-fi etc gone haywires n cache is mounted as SDCARD!!! Yes,those who used livesuit hav been in stuff lik this. Now I was also in one n upon reading alot I hav seen ppl editing bootloaders,using keyboard mouse,plugging HDMI(lcd broken). After a month of fiddling wit my device its time i share a shortcut that can save many hours of ur life.
    Heres another shortcut ive learned. U can get any update.zip n convert it to licesuit image. Just extract the system dir. Thn copy it to ur SDCARD. Make modification if needed,copy the modules u backed up.In adb shell type make_ext4fs -s -l 300M -a system <filename.img> (dir of ur system,i.e mnt/sdcard/system) it will make u a .img file which is same as the system.fex file u get when u break a livesuit image. Copy n replace the ROMs boot n bootloader.fex files wit ur backed up boot n bootloader.img (rename .img to .fex) pack the image again to livesuit format n burn it. It will install like a normal ROM. BUT MAKE SURE FILE PERMISSIONS OF READ WRITE N EXECUTE IS INTACT. ELSE ULL ENJOY HOURS OF BOOTANIMATION. but if ur stuck use the method above n flash any other ROM n fix the RON fr ur device. Guys ROM developing n editing fr allwinner devices are not easy...BTW id lik to thank user [iamabadduck] fr his actual A10 backup script. On which i made mine. Im still doing experiments. Hope this info i shared makes the readers modest enough to make the hit thanks. Bye. [ ill b around,so if any quests,ill ans them].
    Also do backup the boot n bootloader on ur pc as sumtimes flashing destroys the SD.

1st step. Backup ur bootloader n boot images. Use "cat dev/block/nandc > sdcard/dump/boot.img" to backup boot..nw backup bootloader the same way,by replacing nandc wit nanda.
    Now u use adb pull method to backup ur system,etc,data(its optional,only do it if u want ur apps).n any other folder from the root of ur device.my script can help u do it instantly. Anyways,u must get the etc n system folder.
    After that ur free to flash any ROM image through any method (actually,livesuits the best if u can find the img). Now after flash ur device is on right?? Does the SDCARD mount??if no then turn on USB debug,in adb shell type cd dev/block <enter> then type ls n ull see a list of nand partitions,the last one is the SDCARD in raw format.so format is by: su busybox mkfs.vfat dev/block/nand[drive letter,i.e. nandj] n then type vold.ur sdcard will mount.
    Now send those boot n bootloader files to SDCARD/dump. U can use mkdir or mannually make the dir n copy. Thn simply type "cat sdcard/dump/boot.img > dev/block/nandc" n same way type nanda n bootloader to restore the bootloader. Now use adb to push the files of ur stock ROM system/vendor/modules(which u backed up earlier) to tablets system/vendor/modules. N the contents of etc folder to etc on the tablet.nw reboot.
    Hey!!! Its working.the LCD shift is gone,cam n wi-fi doing good,touch is not reversed or stuff. Congratulations u restored ur tablet,n now running a completely diffrent ROM on it.enjoy.