SDK looking closer

Search This thread

EarlyMon

Jun 23, 2010
Watching Netflix on my chromecast, was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I have an 82" DLP and it looked almost like it did when it aired on FiOS

I agree, the picture quality with Netflix is far above that built-in to the D series Samsung Smart TV.

I hope that when the hackathon smoke settles, we see VuDu.

I think VuDu Ultraviolet to Chromecast will put an end to the woes of owning optical media.

(Not only true for me, but see what I did there? :))

abuttino

Sep 12, 2006
Kinda sad to see there is no news this morning. It is only 8am in Cali but I figured something would be on the internet by now. I figured this, but time is running out for google. They have till a few days before Christmas to get it out, then everyone starts returning the ones they got as a gift because, almost everyone has a way to stream Netflix and hulu.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

I agree, the picture quality with Netflix is far above that built-in to the D series Samsung Smart TV.

I hope that when the hackathon smoke settles, we see VuDu.

I think VuDu Ultraviolet to Chromecast will put an end to the woes of owning optical media.

(Not only true for me, but see what I did there? :))

I have a bunch of digital copies I can't use or sell, that would be VERY nice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received an email from Google and hopefully this means the SDK release is on the horizon.

The Chromecast team is hosting a two-day hackathon for developers to test-drive the upcoming release of the Google Cast SDK. Our engineers will be available to share changes from the developer preview, discuss best practices, and answer any questions.

Event Details:
    Date: December 7-8, 2013

Registration is a two-step process. Anyone can register, but as we can only accommodate a limited number of attendees, priority will be given to those developers who have experience with the Google Cast Preview SDK. Please sign up before November 25, 2013.

Thanks for your support!

- The Chromecast team

Engadget just released an article and from what I read we might start seeing some more apps in a month. If you get a chance hop over here
    http://feedly.com/k/1aAFkoj
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    I definitely hope to see that happen in the near future! On a related note, any chance of getting BubbleUPnP to work with rooted Chromecast's running KyoCast, since it allows custom server-side white-listing, by @Kyonz?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm waiting to see what is going to happen with that hackathon event, the SDK, whitelisting.
    If there's nothing concrete before January, I'll release a version of BubbleUPnP that works with KyoCast.
    I know it sounds like an eternity but it is as painful for developers than it is to users (totally left in the dark).
    I am just glad they are moving forward. There has been some negative newbcakes on here stating it will stay like it is. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Haven't seen any news out from the Hackathon yet, maybe they have signed NDA not to mention anything today or during the hackathon.

If anyone spots anything, report back :)
    I think they really don't have a choice. It's got to remain somewhat locked down, otherwise they won't get studio support

Just look at windows media center for example and a counterpart xbmc.. Xbmc will NEVER get full cablecard support because it's open source.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk

Well that has more to do with the Cable Company contracts with the networks than the Studios truth be told. It does VARY based on the studio however, Some shows the Network has the right to give, other shows (like Sports) they do not.
    Thats why some shows are blacked out on those Cable Company Apps and will never be available via the Network provided apps either.

I'm in the TV Business and I can tell you it is a wet mess right now. Has no idea what it wants to be. It wants the extra views because it knows it can hook you into watching the shows you might have missed but it still wants to make money off the Cable companies subscriptions and STILL makes the majority of it's money via Advertisement. None of which is conducive to Net or Streaming.

Truth is they are LESS concerned with you seeing the product (or How) as they are with being able to TRACK how many saw it so they can keep those other business models rolling in dough. If they can track you they can count you as Viewers which brings up the Ad Dollars when it's time to sell.