[Discontinue][no wifi n][default 518][fix hotspot] kernel based on CM7 & HCDRJacob's

Search This thread

faraaz

Sep 13, 2008
Rotterdam
Yes I do experience it. Same symptoms

Ok, then I know it has to be the kernel. I hope it can be fixed..

For now I have reverted back to HCDR kernel v4.1 (no bug so far). But I'd still like to have nFinity kernel, because I like the smartass governor.
I know it's not the minimum Mhz, because I have set it to 245mhz, and also at 537mhz, but the bug remains. So I guess it's the setting of smartass? I got no profiles set up by the way.

vax

Mar 27, 2006
Is there a new version based on nFinity 2.6.35 in progress? I would be fine!

phoivos86

Aug 1, 2011
Larisa, Greece
nFinity kernel mod change 2+ based on CM7 final.(Make sure is not flash from HCDR kernel.) Enjoy smartass governor with your Sense ROM :D

Hello everyone. I am using WildPuzzleROM 2.2.1 v0.8 with Kernel 2.6.32.21-HCDRJacob-dirty and Clockworkmod Recovery v3.2.0.0/v2.5.0.7. I cannot flash the nFinity Kernel now? Is there a way I can flash it somehow? I have been told that it allows the phone to connect to a laptop's adhoc, and I'd like that...

phoivos86

Aug 1, 2011
Larisa, Greece
I am using 2.6.32.31.HCDRJacob-ditryroot@HCDR #6 with Wildpuzzel ROM. I use standard Wifi and also ad-hoc wifi (pc-to-pc). It worked perfectly with both

I am using 2.6.32.31.HCDRJacob-ditryroot@HCDR #3 with Wildpuzzel ROM and I cannot connect to ad-hoc. Did you do any further modifications when you connected to those networks? Should I upgrade to #6? Where did you download it from?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Hello everyone. I am using WildPuzzleROM 2.2.1 v0.8 with Kernel 2.6.32.21-HCDRJacob-dirty and Clockworkmod Recovery v3.2.0.0/v2.5.0.7. I cannot flash the nFinity Kernel now? Is there a way I can flash it somehow? I have been told that it allows the phone to connect to a laptop's adhoc, and I'd like that...

You can flash a kernel over another. It will not cause any issues.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
// Bump for updates. This is so different, normally, everyone falls over themselves announcing updates. :p

ahac85

Aug 7, 2010
Does the hdcr 4.2 version in this thread include wifi sleep fix?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Discontinue][no wifi n][default 518][fix hotspot] kernel based on CM7 & HCDRJacob's

The kernels based on source from CM7 & HCDR Jacob's v4.2. I built the kernels to resolve wifi drop due to my 'bad' router, which i had, is not compatible with wifi N mode of wildfire. Here is the sharing for those have facing similar issue with 'bad' router.

The following are the changes made:
    1. Disable Wifi N mode (included in all mod changed kernels)
    2. Boot up with default max 518MHz and min 245Mhz cpu frequency (included in all HCDR mod changed)
    3. Apply same configuration as v4.1 to wifi driver, should be compatible with most froyo ROMs (included in HCDR mc2)
    4. wifi hotspot fix for Sense ROM. (included in nFinity mc2/3)
    5. update frequency table from #40. 480MHz return and 19MHz go away. (included in nFinity mc3)
    6. Fixed FM Radio with Sense. (included in nFinity mc4)
    7. Merged from based: add smaller footprint TinyRCU. Add missing cache routine. (included in nFinity mc4)
    8. Out of curiosity, i compiled kernel from CM7.1.0.1 with wifi N disabled. Not tested on Sense rom(buzz-kernel-2.6.35mc1.zip)

Known issue:
    • FM radio will cripple the system on Sense ROM with nFinity mc# kernel.
    • LED sometime won't blink when receive messages.

Note: Only nFinity mod change 2+ has the wifi hotspot fixed for Sense ROM. Other kernels may has the infamous wifi hotspot issues.

HCDR mod change 1 is recommended for CM7 RC2 user. It seems much smoother.
    Arco's nFinity kernel mod change 1 is for CM7 RC4+ only.
    nFinity kernel mod change 2+ based on CM7 final.(Make sure is not flash from HCDR kernel.) Enjoy smartass governor with your Sense ROM :D

Credits to arco68's (CM7) & Jacob's (HCDR) team for the base kernel..

It is regretful that I have to stop this kernel development as my wildfire is given to my family. :(It was fun when I start to work on this kernel. Thank you for those who supported this kernel. :)
    I would recommended the kernel from DK Custom if you looking for alternative kernel for Sense.
    Shared my modded new kernel. So far seems working well on my phone with dk's sense rom but i yet test if it working well on cm7.

Enjoy smartass governor and overclock without breaking wifi hotspot on your sense rom.
    CM7's kernel default setting should be using lower power profile for wifi to save battery power. That may be the reason that you getting less signal strength.

For my router, it is one of the first batch of Wifi-N mode product which known as draft N. This mode is not official spec, some of those routers has inferior design of Draft Wifi-N which maybe cause packet drop. For my case, i experience no wifi activity although with full bar. Hence, i reverted the driver to Wifi b/g only.
    I use DK Rom and nfinity mc3 kernel.
    I have problem with fm radio.
    It won't start