The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

555 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

By JimmyEatFood, Senior Member on 16th April 2012, 02:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2012, 02:33 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Went to replace my 2nd One X today because of flexing screen (not too bad), flickering and yellow spot plus yellow tint on left side, I have a white white screen . The One X that the store guy got for me was even worse. Very bad flexing and a lot of distortion. Once hard pressed it would lock though... I also didn't want that one so they ordered me another one. It will be in friday.

My 4th One X better be good. If this one isn't good i'm going to sell it and wait on the Galaxy S III. Don't like it but HTC leaves me no choice.

-edit: All 3 that I got my hands on Taiwan, 1st was HT23, second and third (the one I didn't took) HT24. Hope my next will be HT25.
25th April 2012, 02:44 PM |#192  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut
Thanks Meter: 27,178

More
thats it i'm looking for a chinese one, lol last week i was refusing it if made in china
25th April 2012, 02:48 PM |#193  
OP Senior Member
Flag Leeds

More
My flicker is returning

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
25th April 2012, 02:50 PM |#194  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm hoping I will get a Chinese one but don't think my chances are high. Almost all phones sold in the EU are Taiwan-made.

I'll keep replacing if I don't get a good one. PISSES ME OFF HTC!! /rage

Also feel a bit bad for the retailer, although they get all their money back from HTC.

I also think this will be my last HTC phone...

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEatFood

My flicker is returning

I have found out that a factory reset will get rid of the flicker for the remaining battery charge. I think it can be fixed with a firmware update. If it is a hardware issue HTC is in deep sh*t, a lot of people are suffering from it.
25th April 2012, 03:22 PM |#195  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 13

More
2nd device now has flicker, ordered the 3rd last chance for me will be jumping to sgs3 otherwise (even tho I hate touchwiz)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
25th April 2012, 03:31 PM |#196  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hello,

Eight days after my first HOX, here is my feedback.

First Phone: grey, HT24, Taiwan had the following:

-very thin gap between screen bezel and policarbonate body (left side) that got wider when heated (thanks Hamdir...) and allowed slight screen flex accompanied by an annoying creaking;

- yellowish spot top left; yellow tint screen;

- out of the box wi-fi connectivity problems (dropouts from free networks and those secured with WPA/WPA2 proptocol - including after 1.28 update);

Replacement phone (got on Saturday morning) SAME BATCH, HT24 - NONE of the above (so far and I get the feeling there will be no issues ... )
- tight build, heated the battery in glowball to 63.5 celsius - no gap!
- nice white screen;
- wifi fine, excellent reception out of the box (tested in same places as before)

Comparing, battery life seems the same;
Have flickering of adds but not of the screen;
I think (sorry I didn't keep any statistics) that heating was worse on the first phone;

I am eagerly waiting a little more before unlocking, hoping for a ROM with clock speed of max 1.2 Ghz (or choosable), Sense Lite (just for the camera), etc...

Anyway, after chatting with HTC support on Friday, I got like one email with suggested fixes, two emails for customer feedback and one phone call for the same reason. If Htc would invest less in customer feedback and more in QC I'm sure lots of us would feel both happier and safer with their device.

Me?, just love my HOX...
25th April 2012, 03:38 PM |#197  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftiklaus

Hello,

Eight days after my first HOX, here is my feedback.

First Phone: grey, HT24, Taiwan had the following:

-very thin gap between screen bezel and policarbonate body (left side) that got wider when heated (thanks Hamdir...) and allowed slight screen flex accompanied by an annoying creaking;

- yellowish spot top left; yellow tint screen;

- out of the box wi-fi connectivity problems (dropouts from free networks and those secured with WPA/WPA2 proptocol - including after 1.28 update);

Replacement phone (got on Saturday morning) SAME BATCH, HT24 - NONE of the above (so far and I get the feeling there will be no issues ... )
- tight build, heated the battery in glowball to 63.5 celsius - no gap!
- nice white screen;
- wifi fine, excellent reception out of the box (tested in same places as before)

Comparing, battery life seems the same;
Have flickering of adds but not of the screen;
I think (sorry I didn't keep any statistics) that heating was worse on the first phone;

I am eagerly waiting a little more before unlocking, hoping for a ROM with clock speed of max 1.2 Ghz (or choosable), Sense Lite (just for the camera), etc...

Anyway, after chatting with HTC support on Friday, I got like one email with suggested fixes, two emails for customer feedback and one phone call for the same reason. If Htc would invest less in customer feedback and more in QC I'm sure lots of us would feel both happier and safer with their device.

Me?, just love my HOX...

congrats mate, what do you mean flickering of adds? of google ads? normal

my returned one was grey Taiwan ht242, i'm glad to hear good ones can be had from the same batch, the one i returned had glue remains in the gap and glue remains in the usb port, also had dirt under the screen sticker!!!

this is very simple, like you said QC is shipping unacceptable phones

we are not sure why this is happening, but im pretty sure its the rush
25th April 2012, 04:01 PM |#198  
Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamdir

congrats mate, what do you mean flickering of adds? of google ads? normal

my returned one was grey Taiwan ht242, i'm glad to hear good ones can be had from the same batch, the one i returned had glue remains in the gap and glue remains in the usb port, also had dirt under the screen sticker!!!

this is very simple, like you said QC is shipping unacceptable phones

we are not sure why this is happening, but im pretty sure its the rush

Yes ,google adds flickering, didd't know that was normal. On my "late" Desire S I had custom roms with disabled adds and/ or don't remember flickering.

Speaking of QC, my Desire S, made in Taiwan, built in March 2011 (so first batch) had a huge gap between the screen bezel and the aluminium unibody (you could stick two sheets of paper in all the way to the motherboard!)

Being ordered from the UK, the vendor offered to exchange it but I just felt I couldn't part with it for another two or three weeks so I sent it to the repair center here, complaining about the above mentioned issue. Guess what? Two days later, I get the phone back with the statement, i quote " ... the issue you mentioned in your complaint is not regarded as a hardware manufacturing defect..."

So I just used black silicone gasket to gently fill in the gap and 30' later and still one year later, not a single problem, phone ran like a dream, flashed it hundreds of times (maybe exagerating...)

Like now, then I was flooded with emails and surveys from Htc customer support.

I think they rushed the HOX into production to get 2 to 3 months of "best product out there" before Samsung (the only worthy android competitor in my oppinion) comes up with something better.

The same thing happened with the Desire S, they wanted to get some Easter sales and push it on the market before the dual core hysteria started...

Just my two cents, but I see a nice future for my Htc One X at least for the yaer coming...
25th April 2012, 04:15 PM |#199  
Recognized Contributor
Beirut

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oftiklaus

Yes ,google adds flickering, didd't know that was normal. On my "late" Desire S I had custom roms with disabled adds and/ or don't remember flickering.

Speaking of QC, my Desire S, made in Taiwan, built in March 2011 (so first batch) had a huge gap between the screen bezel and the aluminium unibody (you could stick two sheets of paper in all the way to the motherboard!)

Being ordered from the UK, the vendor offered to exchange it but I just felt I couldn't part with it for another two or three weeks so I sent it to the repair center here, complaining about the above mentioned issue. Guess what? Two days later, I get the phone back with the statement, i quote " ... the issue you mentioned in your complaint is not regarded as a hardware manufacturing defect..."

So I just used black silicone gasket to gently fill in the gap and 30' later and still one year later, not a single problem, phone ran like a dream, flashed it hundreds of times (maybe exagerating...)

Like now, then I was flooded with emails and surveys from Htc customer support.

I think they rushed the HOX into production to get 2 to 3 months of "best product out there" before Samsung (the only worthy android competitor in my oppinion) comes up with something better.

The same thing happened with the Desire S, they wanted to get some Easter sales and push it on the market before the dual core hysteria started...

Just my two cents, but I see a nice future for my Htc One X at least for the yaer coming...

you think i would mind such gap? its the screen being loose that is the problem

but what you said kinda of proves htc is shipping them, knowingly, considered acceptable

but this is not how you fight apple...
25th April 2012, 09:09 PM |#200  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I'm having a replacement couriered to me on Friday. I'm gutted that it's going to be replaced because it's perfect...apart from the haptic feedback not working on the screen and softkeys!

I might get one of the dodgy ones with the flickering screen, shoddy-fitting casing, yellow tints or whatever other multitude of problems that people have reported!
25th April 2012, 11:53 PM |#201  

More
I'm exchanging mine tomorrow due to the flickering

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)