By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2015, 08:29 PM |#11081  
Flag Gorinchem
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

You wouldnt necessarily have to send the whole unit back you could just send back the SoM.

You keep going on about not wanting to open your unit cos of the warranty and yet you REFUSE to use your warranty because you dont want to send your unit back ! What is the point in trying to preserve a warranty that you are never going to use because you dont want to send the unit backl ? !

What payment method did you use to buy it ?

Dont mess about trying to add figures, see what Antutu says in the device info section.

I paid via Paypal.
i AM going to use my warranty. i'm not asking my seller's permission to open up for nothing.
First i want check my self, if they won't let me, THEN i am sending it back.

i want to try it the fast way first, and if i can't then i take the long way.

18th April 2015, 08:49 PM |#11082  
NdS
Thanks Meter: 34

More
v2.44 KLD online
only RK3188
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...wM1pLZ28#listv

i flash on my 3066, 5 Days allright
18th April 2015, 09:05 PM |#11083  
Flag Gorinchem

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

Yes, there are lots of things he doesnt appear to understand !

What IS relevant is that to calculate the theoretical price of an RK3188 SoM with 2Gb of RAM bought separately, you would also need to add the cost of the RK3066 SoM.

please check post from eastberkshirecustoms post 11098 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11098

the first picture represents the motherboard of his PureAndroid HU.
i see a replaceable board with a RK3066 chip on it AND some memorychips on the same pcb.

is that so wierd to think that a RK3066 hu with 1gb ram could be upgraded to RK3188 and 2gb ram by replacing this board with the one form the 37 dollar advert??

ofcourse i know that IF they would sell the pcb seperate, they would charge way more than just 37 dollar.
i was just wondering IF they would sell this pcb seperate at all.

theoretical it would make sense, but perhaps RK3066 pcbs are not inter exchangeable with RK3188 pcbs

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enc0der

Is this what we need to buy and replace in order to upgrade existing RK3066 SoM units to RK3188 SoM ?
https://www.olimex.com/Products/SOM/RK3188/

you are getting warm, but if you compare this board with the picture of post 11098 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=11098

you could tell this one is not going to fit unfortunately
18th April 2015, 09:48 PM |#11084  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Radio
Hello,

I ordered the quad core version (last for TT), I m waiting .. days or weeks ....
Meanwhile, I would like to dev a new radio app but impossible to find on web some dev informations about the Philipps radio module 6624.
Someone could send me the apk of the orignal installed application (from a car radio with philipps!) ? (just to try to understand how to control the module)

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to myspac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myspac Ad-Free
18th April 2015, 09:59 PM |#11085  
Thanks Meter: 1,019

More
---
18th April 2015, 11:15 PM |#11086  
Thanks Meter: 1,501

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enc0der

Is this what we need to buy and replace in order to upgrade existing RK3066 SoM units to RK3188 SoM ?
https://www.olimex.com/Products/SOM/RK3188/

No, thats for an Olimex device, the SoMs in these head units use a SODIMM connector like RAM.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCannonball

I paid via Paypal.
i AM going to use my warranty. i'm not asking my seller's permission to open up for nothing.
First i want check my self, if they won't let me, THEN i am sending it back.

i want to try it the fast way first, and if i can't then i take the long way.

The fast way means that you pay out extra money just to get the brand new thing you just bought to work ! Just open a Paypal dispute.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by myspac

Hello,

I ordered the quad core version (last for TT), I m waiting .. days or weeks ....
Meanwhile, I would like to dev a new radio app but impossible to find on web some dev informations about the Philipps radio module 6624.
Someone could send me the apk of the orignal installed application (from a car radio with philipps!) ? (just to try to understand how to control the module)

Thank you

There are plenty of copies of the system image linked to on the first page, with several different versions of the radio apk, just go there and download them.
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
19th April 2015, 01:40 AM |#11087  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So, been playing with my Joyous for the past week, tweaking and testing. Finally got everything working well except for steering wheel controls. I've got a 1998 Buick Regal GS and they have (what I'm assuming) are resistive controls. I have one wire in the stereo harness that goes to the SWC.

So far I've tried connecting the SWC wire to the head unit's:
- key 1
- key 2
- key1/swc wire and key2/ground (and reversed)

I do not seem to be getting anything. I do actually get a keypress registered if I have the SWC wire connected to one key wire and touch the ground with key 2, so at least something is happening. =)

So, what are the specific head settings that affect the SWC settings? I know under the factory settings we have canbus (which is not in my car), and I also notice keymap settings and am curious if these also are part of the SWC settings. I don't mind testing each one, but before I waste all that time I wanted to verify the settings have anything to do with SWC.

Anyone have any experience with these units with late 90's/early 2000's GM SWC that have got them working without a PAC?
19th April 2015, 03:06 AM |#11088  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackarrow

Hope you all enjoy and now i need you help as i find the screen color saturation is not good at all when playing a video on you tube where the Red Color is bluish and not the natural red color ( especially the faces and the skin colors which is driving me crazy and i don't know how to fix it still i am waiting for the Seller reply to me

BlackArrow, did you ever get a reply on the video color issue? I just got my Pumpkin unit last weekend and everything is working fine, but I just played a YouTube video for the first time and the faces/skin colors are WAY off for me as well. Colors look good in every other app, but the videos make everyone look like Shrek (green skin tone).

Can anyone else comment on this issue or have a resolution? I searched the thread and didn't see much on the issue.

Update: I downloaded the YouTube app and tried playing vids and the colors were normal. Must be something in the way the built-in browser displays videos.
19th April 2015, 11:46 AM |#11089  
Thanks Meter: 1,501

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madjeff

So, been playing with my Joyous for the past week, tweaking and testing. Finally got everything working well except for steering wheel controls. I've got a 1998 Buick Regal GS and they have (what I'm assuming) are resistive controls. I have one wire in the stereo harness that goes to the SWC.

So far I've tried connecting the SWC wire to the head unit's:
- key 1
- key 2
- key1/swc wire and key2/ground (and reversed)

I do not seem to be getting anything. I do actually get a keypress registered if I have the SWC wire connected to one key wire and touch the ground with key 2, so at least something is happening. =)

So, what are the specific head settings that affect the SWC settings? I know under the factory settings we have canbus (which is not in my car), and I also notice keymap settings and am curious if these also are part of the SWC settings. I don't mind testing each one, but before I waste all that time I wanted to verify the settings have anything to do with SWC.

Anyone have any experience with these units with late 90's/early 2000's GM SWC that have got them working without a PAC?

The keymap settings are nothing to do with the SWC - you programme the SWC to have whatever functions you want in the SWC list, so there is no keymap for SWC.

I can help you with your problem but only to tell you that on wire SWC has been mentioned in the past several times and a solution has been posted, I ve been reading the thread for a long time, so I know that for sure. However I obviously cant remember exactly when it was mentioned or who mentioned it so I cant direct you to specific posts. I would just search the thread, thinking laterally as to which words you search (maybe "single wire SWC" or "one wire SWC" for instance ?). Or Google it, as some cars do have only 1 SWC wire and this part of the stereo is the same as any other aftermarket headunit in that respect so the solution should be the same.
19th April 2015, 01:29 PM |#11090  
Flag Como
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hi,
I have a little problem XD
I have a GA5153 running malaysk 4.4.4 ROM, i'd like to connect my dongle3G but there is no way to make it works XD
The dongle is Qualcomm (dont know the model)
Even if i connect a USB memory the radio doesnt see it
Do you know how to solve this problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150419_123710.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	3270704  
19th April 2015, 01:39 PM |#11091  
Flag Gorinchem

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco589

Hi,
I have a little problem XD
I have a GA5153 running malaysk 4.4.4 ROM, i'd like to connect my dongle3G but there is no way to make it works XD
The dongle is Qualcomm (dont know the model)
Even if i connect a USB memory the radio doesnt see it
Do you know how to solve this problem?

have you tried another firmware?
does it see anything else you put into the usb ports? (mouse, keyboard or anything)

and there are some more tips on the first page:

3G USB Dongle not working properly
Probably is due to the USB is underpowered. Use a (externally) powered USB hub. Or follow this how to to power the USBs of your unit.
how to --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=8949
short version-->http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=8983
the following 2-3 pages contain comments about that mod worth reading.
see --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=7614
Another how to for external powered USB hub--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9011
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCannonball For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJCannonball Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)