[Q] google play store on Lenco 1012

Search This thread

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
i have bought a tablet tlast week, a lenco 1012, with is a pretty neat deveice for it's price. it has android 4.0, and a 10" screen, but it lacks one important thing, google play store. is there any way i can get this on my tablet? i buy alot of apps, so i would also like to use them on my tablet.

i have tried installing the apk's i found on this site, play store seems to be working after installing, but i get an error, that the app stopped working, and then it closes the app :(

do i need to root the device to use play store? i cannot find my deveice on the forum te root it... please help me out guy's

Reactions: maniaczek1111

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
i get an error: unfortunaly, google play store has stopped, i only have the option ok. when i press it the play app is killed.

if i use the recent apps button, i can switch to settings, and back to the store, and i can see the store is working, it loaded, but i cannot use it, becouse of the error, witch will kill the app :(

also, if i now login to the webinterface of play store i see my tablet as an option to install apps on :
Unkown - TAB1012,

i i choose the tablet, the error message appears on the screen on the tablet, so play store seems to be operational, but keeps getting blocked or something....

Last edited:

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
anyone got anything on this? i don't think i have any options to try, and i really want play store :(

MitchelJ

May 9, 2012
Same problem here. Bought the Tab-1012 yesterday.

The standard appcenter (worthless) is directing me to google play store once installed. The playstore shuts down immediately.:(

paterdamiaan

Aug 7, 2011
I have the same question

Bought also an lenco tab 1012 , need also google market ...

Noone that knows how to install that ????

ecan

Jun 10, 2012
lenco tab-9701

I also bought a lenco tab-9701 with android 4.0 ics. I have a problem with the sound speaker which at maximum level is not loud at all. I will return it to be fixed. The other issue i have is that it came with an app market which is not the google one. It is very poor and does not have the famous apps like whatsapp, angry birds ... I was able to find an apk file of latest google play store version. It started and i thought the problem was solved but after a while it keps failing each time i was starting it. I get the message that the application has stopped. I posted a message to lenco support and i hope to have an answer soon. As a plan b, i was able to find some packages as apk file searching google and you can install them with android file manager, just execute it. I was able to install angry birds and synology clients like ds photo and ds audio, as well as a screenshot utility. I hope that someone will have an answer and will post it on this forum. I knew the tab was cheap (199€) but i was expecting at least to have the standard tools with android 4.0. This is very frustrating to buy a tablet for which the vendor LENCO does not tell you that google play store is not included. It is not mentioned anywhere on the documentation neither the product description ! To be continued.

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
i called Lenco today. because I had a problem that the tablet didn't want to wake up from sleep. this is a known issue by the way, they are working on it. i also asked about the play store. they told me the tablet was not certified for play store yet, but this is in progress. so maybe it will work in the future. but until that time, i guess we're screwed.... do you guys have a good alternative?

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
i just installed and tried most alternative stores. Aptoide is the winner by far. i love it! a good alternative untill my tab gets certified for google play

ecan

Jun 10, 2012
no google play on lenco tab-9701

Hello,

I got the following reply from Lenco Helpdesk France:

En ce qui concerne google play il n'est pas compatible avec nos tablette. Il est possbile de l'installer mais il faut flasher l'iOS mais en faisant cette manipulation la tablette ne sera plus sous garantie.

Translation:

Google play is not compatible with our tablets. It is still possible to install it but you need to flash the OS but if you do that you will void tablet warranty.

Concerning my sound volume problem being too low, i got this other weird answer:

Concernant le probleme de son nous somme reglementer par une loi qui nous impose un volume maximum.​

Translation:

We have to follow a regulation which limits the maximum volume

After such ****ty answers, i returned the tablet (although i like android 4.0) which did cost me 200€ and bought a brand new ipad 2 for 379€.

The volume is just great and the apple store is full of apps. Great hardware and software ... a dream came true :)

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
Hello,

I got the following reply from Lenco Helpdesk France:

En ce qui concerne google play il n'est pas compatible avec nos tablette. Il est possbile de l'installer mais il faut flasher l'iOS mais en faisant cette manipulation la tablette ne sera plus sous garantie.

Translation:

Google play is not compatible with our tablets. It is still possible to install it but you need to flash the OS but if you do that you will void tablet warranty.

Concerning my sound volume problem being too low, i got this other weird answer:

Concernant le probleme de son nous somme reglementer par une loi qui nous impose un volume maximum.​

Translation:

We have to follow a regulation which limits the maximum volume

After such ****ty answers, i returned the tablet (although i like android 4.0) which did cost me 200€ and bought a brand new ipad 2 for 379€.

The volume is just great and the apple store is full of apps. Great hardware and software ... a dream came true :)

why did you buy the apple? and not the samsung tab 2? I love android. but hey, have fun with it.

BTW the new store (aptoide) works great! i found some more sources to add to it, and i found all the apps i was looking for! (exept for the pro versions, with i paid for via google. but i guess it will come in the future

Last edited:

steno66

Oct 5, 2007
Lugano
But be careful, I don't know if it's the same model.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

AlmAck

Jul 24, 2012
I bought the Lenco TAB-9701 yesterday and I saw the same problems posted above.
I have updated the device with the link of steno66 and now everthing works!!! google play, google earth, maps, facebook, google+ .....

I now that with this upgrade I loos the warranty but a device without the google store is useless. There the main web site for the image: stlgroup.home.xs4all.nl / TAB-9701 / Update software /

powerbyte

Oct 18, 2006
@all Lenco Tab-1012 User

hello all Lenco Tab 1012 users,

i hope somebody can help me, i have a briked Lenco Tab 1012 .....i need a Rom Backup from the Device.

Please Upload the Rom Backup and post the download Link....

best regards powerbyte from Germany

pimzwager

Jul 13, 2006
Reactions: powerbyte

Top Liked Posts