[Q] Camera and temperature

Search This thread

Linux4ever85

Sep 7, 2012
Anyone have an issue when the phone gets too hot and the camera app would start due to temperature? You have to wait until phone cools down to use the camera.

Kyouran

May 26, 2010
Skawa
And what's the version of your FW? Stock or Custom Rom?
I never had such problems on Custom ROM for example Evo4. I'm on LB so I always use stock kernel.

Linux4ever85

Sep 7, 2012
And what's the version of your FW? Stock or Custom Rom?
I never had such problems on Custom ROM for example Evo4. I'm on LB so I always use stock kernel.

I am on stock rom with doomkernel. After using camera for a while my phone would heat up and camera says needs to be turned off cause of temperature. If I use CM11 the camera will just FC until my phone cools down.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I am on stock rom with doomkernel. After using camera for a while my phone would heat up and camera says needs to be turned off cause of temperature. If I use CM11 the camera will just FC until my phone cools down.

Yes, t camera have the temperature security to not damage the phone if its too hot. probably your settings are wrong and you get overhating. There is also a mod to swich off that security, on your risk, to not have that message anymore.

Try Stock Kernel to see if it do this again.