• Yes, I've got a misty silver Arc with cracks

Votes: 42 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 40.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bill.d

May 7, 2011
heres a copy of the e mail i recieved after i e mailed sony ericsson uk not much help really .

Dear William,
Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson support centre.
We are sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your Sony Ericsson Xperia™ Arc.
We can confirm that the issue which you have described is not a common fault and the issue has not been raised to ourselves as a common occurrence.
The issue itself could not be caused due to the heat of the handset unless it were to heat up to an extreme temperature, in this case the handset would need to be examined at one of our authorised service locations.

We will not be issuing a replacement of the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ Arc however if any customer's faces issues similar to this then the handset will need to be sent into our service location to see if it can be repaired under the 24 month manufacturing repair warranty.

Damage of this nature is not usually covered under the manufacturing warranty; however we would not be able to confirm that a handset would or would be covered until it has been examined by an authorised service engineer.
We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused, however I hope this helps with your query.

For further information on Sony Ericsson products, services and support please visit www.sonyericsson.com.
Should you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call our customer support on 08705 237 237.
Kind Regards,
Louis Gray
Sony Ericsson UK Customer Services

Super Chimp

Nov 5, 2008
Carefully checked mine in the areas indicated as I have been using it without a case and thankfully there is no sign of these.

teryshiryo

Jun 30, 2011
my arc housing crack too... already send my arc to SE service central...
they will replace me a new front housing.... FOC

from singapore

rknuette

Dec 26, 2005
Bonn
Before I found this thread I thought it was only me having the cracks. I think this comes from 'bending' the phone in the pocket and it breaks at the weakest point - which is the small part over the black sensor.

dubist

Apr 30, 2011
FOC :O

i can send my Arc to a Service Center to
but i know that, that i must pay :mad:

Poker gypsy

Jun 24, 2011
I have the
Same cracks I just had one on top but now I have one on the bottom? And my wife has the same phone w got it at the same time different place but she has no cracks?
Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

Ricke77

May 30, 2011
Ive got the same crack on my arc. Never dropped it. Ive been keeping it in the case all the time.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

MikuSE610

Aug 16, 2010
神奈川県
We should do a poll here.

My ARC doesn't suffer *hopefully* from these cracks except for the faded silver corners.

I think European handsets suffer these,since I haven't read some complaints from the ASIAN customers

Xperia Arc Black/Blue LT15i

xtacy!

May 27, 2011
Cochin
I feel that it's likely due to stress placed on the phone and that it's weakest near the sensor.

Couple of things to ponder. How do you all carry your phones?

How many of you put it in your trouser pockets? Screen placed facing outward or inward?

I assume that placing the phone with the screen facing inward will put more stress on the frame as it is arcing the wrong way. More over, jeans will hold your phones tighter.

I assume that women have less occurrences of cracked housing as they are more likely to carry their phones in their purses.

Perhaps the poll should be changed to reflect this?

Last edited:

george232

Mar 6, 2011
No cracks, carry it in a PDAir pouch screen inwards in my pocket or in a messenger back if I carry one. It's my second Arc, and I had no heat issues from the beginning. My first one got extremely hot because of the earlier firmware.

Maybe it'd make sense to have the frame replaced with the silver one once the cracks occured, if the silver ones aren't prone to this. But maybe it's just that there seem to be a lot more blue Arcs in the hands of the customers, in Europe at least.

J!tH

May 22, 2007
Got crack?... Yes!

OH yes, I got the Arc crack!

Definitly think it's a "bad build quality" related problems... Shame on you SE!

Pictures of my Arc:
10808017.jpg

41360126.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture quality...

Poker gypsy

Jun 24, 2011
I feel that it's likely due to stress placed on the phone and that it's weakest near the sensor.

Couple of things to ponder. How do you all carry your phones?

How many of you put it in your trouser pockets? Screen placed facing outward or inward?

I assume that placing the phone with the screen facing inward will put more stress on the frame as it is arcing the wrong way. More over, jeans will hold your phones tighter.

I assume that women have less occurrences of cracked housing as they are more likely to carry their phones in their purses.

Perhaps the poll should be changed to reflect this?

My wife doze not put it in pocket just purse and she has the same crack?

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

ARC X12

May 13, 2011
Can we safely say that this happens only with the midnight blue color? Because almost all posted here have the blue one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THING ( A EMAIL OF SONY) :

Our Blogs Support Forum Facebook
    Hi radheck,

In regards to your inquiry about the reinforced housing for the Xperia™ arc, we have investigated the issue and we are happy to confirm this. We are using reinforced components to make the Xperia™ arc.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please reply to us at SEAnswers.Us@Support.SonyEricsson.com, or our Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/SEAnswers.

Best regards, Lidia Sony Ericsson Social Media Team

IF YOU LIKE , PICK THANKS
    If you have this crack and would like the front cover replaced you should contact your local support team for more info. Now days a improved front cover is being used.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The Arc S doesn't have the house cracking problem.
    Your welcome.

I must be honest, I also checked out other models and I then only found one that would interest me if I could choose a new one. And it would be the Samsung Galaxy S II... In the future maybe the Sony Xperia S. But I would wait a few months and see if it would suffer from the same problems as the Arc (s) ...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    I've contacted SE Belgium through facebook and they told me the crack is in fact a crack in the paint and doesn't affect the phone's safety...

Mine has also been sent for repair... still waiting though. Hope it's fixed permanently..

In Belgium your phone is repaired by Dynafix, so don't count on it getting repaired for free. But still, know your rights. In Belgium you have the right to DEMAND a free and instant replacement during the first 6 months after the purchase, unless they seller can prove you caused the problem by abusing your phone.

So, if it's not repaired, you can actually demand them to give you a new phone. Ask them if they have one in stock before you tell them you have every right to get a new phone.

And get a receipt. Your 2-year warranty period RESTARTS when you get a new device.

(warranty in Belgium is pretty awesome, shame nobody knows it)
    i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

that photo is identical to the crack on mine