[Q] [Help]How to root lg p500 2.3.3 without pc because usb is dead

Search This thread

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
When you say the USB is dead, you mean there's something wrong with the phone, and the computers are ok? The phone port is dead, but it will charge?

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
The usb is damaged... Is not working... I have try to fix it but not chance so i remove it... I place the battery to universal charger to charge it.. :p

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
I understand your desire to root the device, but without the ability to connect to a computer, it's really dangerous. If something goes wrong with installing a custom recovery, for example, you'll have no way to unbrick it (kdz, etc.).

I would try to get the USB port repaired, before you dream about flashing things.

klemo4

Jan 26, 2009
I am aware of dangerous and i am ok with it, so you know any way to root my device...?

tyraelsmight

Aug 8, 2011
Hi...
I have LG P500 and the usb is dead(is not working and yes i have try to another pc). I want to root it and i have firmware 2.3.3 V20g official from LG. I have try Gingerbreak v1.20 , z4root and no luck... Can anyone help me plz...? Thanks...

I was going to suggest an adb WiFi program, but apparently you need root for that :s all of the new methods I have seen require adb . Will keep looking and will let you know if I find a solution.

Sent from my LG-P500

Last edited:

post-mortem

Oct 4, 2012
Yeah, I'm not personally aware of any way to root the P50x without a computer, especially since we don't really have a stock recovery.

acerkumar

Jun 10, 2012
I am also waiting for rooting tool without using PC because I don't have PC.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium