[ROM][23-feb-2011] DefyFroyoSense v0.1 (mcm_xyz edition)

Search This thread

Perilla_

Mar 31, 2009
Cádiz
OnePlus 6
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Quadrant graphics fps are 2-3fps lower, depending on the test. Overall is 1877.
Test at 1ghz

EDIT: Looks like milestone dont properly OC it, i unloaded and reloaded the module and then really oc was working, fps are the same, and overall really is 2558@1.2Ghz

Last edited:
Reactions: MadStu

edition-

Dec 25, 2010
Lisbon
installed successfully coming from t-moble, only needed to flash bootonly from chinese froyo.

Hi bihariel,

You came from 2.51 right? I'm using 2.51 atm and i would like to change to this ROM, could you help me with the steps? Maybe Dex could add it to the main post :)

I was thinking, in clear data/cache in recovery, restore to this ROM, use flashlight alternative, clear darvick, fix permission, flash boot only 2.2 reboot and flash camera fix.

Do i need to do all this? xD

thanks.

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
i dont know why , the root app cannot be granted as root access , all the app request root access right will be force closed

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
i dont know why , the root app cannot be granted as root access , all the app request root access right will be force closed

i know. somehow it seems to work with the overclock app, but i tried the defy recovery mod to use thee "boot recovery" function, but it failed..
i do know that sense got a different sqlite db library, maybe there is a specifc DesireHD edition of superuser.apk out?
at least i can see logcat saying some calls failed, and i know that i had to replace the old sqlite to make the new sense work with databases..

Reactions: 008325

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010
Hi bihariel,

You came from 2.51 right? I'm using 2.51 atm and i would like to change to this ROM, could you help me with the steps? Maybe Dex could add it to the main post :)

I was thinking, in clear data/cache in recovery, restore to this ROM, use flashlight alternative, clear darvick, fix permission, flash boot only 2.2 reboot and flash camera fix.

Do i need to do all this? xD

thanks.

no no noooooooooooooooo,
i am coming from t-mobile froyo 3.42 and i did:
1-wipe data/cache in recovery
2-restored the rom
3-flashed chinese froyo bootonly
and that is all. it may wor as well for 2.51

edition-

Dec 25, 2010
Lisbon
no no noooooooooooooooo,
i am coming from t-mobile froyo 3.42 and i did:
1-wipe data/cache in recovery
2-restored the rom
3-flashed chinese froyo bootonly
and that is all. it may wor as well for 2.51

Ops :X , i just did it like i said, should i wipe and do it again? lool

Yup now i have to :X , it worked till drag screen, that it blocked in a white HTC screen, going to reflash 2.51, root it and try it again

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010

Yup now i have to :X , it worked till drag screen, that it blocked in a white HTC screen, going to reflash 2.51, root it and try it again

if worked let it, but flashing the camera fix is dangerous.
my method is simple and short.

Jan 13, 2011
i know. somehow it seems to work with the overclock app, but i tried the defy recovery mod to use thee "boot recovery" function, but it failed..
i do know that sense got a different sqlite db library, maybe there is a specifc DesireHD edition of superuser.apk out?
at least i can see logcat saying some calls failed, and i know that i had to replace the old sqlite to make the new sense work with databases..

that mean all the app require root access will not working ?

bihariel

Apr 9, 2010

hey when you see the white htc screen, you have to wait about 1 min and it will start the set-up wizard.

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
do you guys think that, the crystal talk plus will not be functional in this rom ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest update by mcm_xyz download here
    All the latest work is done by mcm_xyz, which is phone dialing and mobile data (rather important parts!) .. Thanks to mcm_xyz

This Mod is based on
    - Chinese defy kernel and modules from the JDGC_U6_0.26.0 release.
    - HTC Sense2 edition release: RUU_Ace_HTC_WWE_1.72.405.3
    Many languages supported, even some asian ones, RTL might not work (let me know)

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Screenshots of Defy edition (Thanks to bihariel for the quick update)

sbf 2.51+ users might get a modified modules patch for this edition, so it should be working on 2.51+ as well

Installation Instructions:
    ALWAYS HAVE CHARGER CONNECTED WHEN UPDATING A FIRMWARE
    1. Install chinese sbf using RSDLite (JDGC_U6_0.26.0 release)
    - download sbf file from http://and-developers.com/sbf:defy
    - boot your defy into bootloader (turn mobile on and hold VOL+ button during bootup)
    - when RSDLite application on pc says "connected" , your ready to flash
    - select the chinese SBF
    - press start

2. root it (i used SuperOneClickFor2.1.zip) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=913709

3. install Defy ClockWorkMod - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=875233

4. extract contents of the released zip to a temporary folder(you get a readme file + a folder with a img file).
    5. copy the folder "DefyFroyoSense..." to \goapkrev\backup on your sdcard.
    5a. IMPORTANT: disable usb debugging or ClockWorkRecovery will not open (you just get a black screen)
    6. boot into recovery
    7. restore the "DefyFroyoSense..."
    8. wipe (factory reset in ClockWorkMod) make sure /data & /cache is empty.
    9. reboot​

Old releases
    NONE

WHAT WORKS?
    - USB(100%) , GPS(100%) , WIFI(100%) , BLUETOOTH(30%), phone calls(100%), mobile data (100%), Camera(100% with tweak), rotation , sensors , button lights, SMS (upto 160chars)
    WHAT DOES NOT WORK?
    Camera with 720p recording,
    Bluetooth headset, bluetooth filetransfer​

CHANGELOG
    v0.1 mcm_xyz edition
    - mobile data + phone calls working
    v0.1
    - using latest 1.72 HTC Sense2.x release (DesireHD edition)
    - included ClockWorkRecovery custom edition for this rom
    • - Do NOT install the apk release, or it will ruin bootup of sense.
    • - activate Recovery by putting an empty file in the root of your sdcard called "recovery_mode"
    • content can be anything or empty, just make sure filename is correct.
    • - reboot, and it will load into recovery.
    - added ADB at bootup as option.
    • - put an empty file called "adb_bootup" in the root of your sdcard
    - aGPS fixes, to use google servers instead of moto servers (location.cfg file updated)
    - Multi touch enabled in Google Maps application (dunno why google dont like blur)
    - Google Camera + HTC Camera included
    • - some notes on HTC Camera/recording, switch wide screen mode off in photo setup to get picture enabled. and switch to a lower recording quality to make recording working. (il work on fixing the app to support our resolutions correctly)
    • - HTC Camera app - after taken picture you need to exit app, and reopen it.. to take a new picture.
    • - google camera app seems to work out of the box.

WARNING: Use this image at your own risk and i take no responsibility if you brick your mobile..
    Calling fixed on this great rom

Hi boys. I managed to make the callin work on this great rom.

The file responsible for the problems is not libril.so but librilswitch.so

For all who want this file you can find it attached. I took the file from a larger compilation made for nexus one:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9058544&postcount=59

Dexter_nlb thanks for this superb compilation. I really am sorry you can not continue working on this rom. I will keep working on this and I hope I can get data over mobile networks working. If so I will really be happy with this one.

Regards from Romania!

PS: I'm looking on my thanks meter... :p
    DefyFroyoSense-iaiov0.3

IMPORTANT

- This is my first version of dexter-bihariel work, and the rom have some bugs to fix,
    I hope with your help to be able to fix all the problems and make it a stable rom!

Changelog iaio-v0.3

- [System/ APP and FRAMEWORK] DeoDex :D
    - Updated many apps
    - StatusBar original SENSE ( with battery, icons and emoticons)
    - Added HTC car panel
    - Fixed wifi crash
    - Roboto fonts
    - Added: OIFileManager, basebandv0.4, FlashPlayer 11, quickboot sirius
    - Hacked htc bootanimation (thanks to edition)

-------> if you want more SKIN for your defySENSE, you can download package by bihariel: HERE (installation its as a normal apk)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BUGS TO SOLVED

- Bluetooth file transfer
    - Bluetooth headset
    - NEW sense animations ***(hard work)***
    - Frontal color led (blue, green and white)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Installation:

- Started from froyo CEE Deblur download from HERE
    - Have root permission with superoneclick
    - DOWNLOAD my zip, and unzipped
    - in your microsd create folder and subfolder: "goapkrev"/"backup"
    - Install recovery kush that you find it in my download. (NO BOOTMENU/2nd init)
    - re-unzipped my backup to obtain a folder name "Sense.Deodex.Legacyv0.1" and copy it in "backup"/sub-folder create it by your self into your microsd
    - Go in recovery, do a wipe data and cache(dont forget to disable, DEBUG USB, when you click on "recovery boot")
    - Installed my version as a restore,
    - when installation is finished, remove the battery and enter in bootloader, and connect your defy via USB at your pc.
    - From rsd.lite install THIS boot.SBF and reboot.
    - The first start is a bit long, you must have patient...:D
    - NOW enjoy in defy sense!!!

- If your wireless does'nt work, re-enter in recovery (2.xx pre-installed) do a wipe/data/cache and dalvik cache, then reboot!

SOME SCREENSHOT

20120210081459.png
    20120210085203.png
    20120210085222.png

20120210085253.png
    20120210085441.png
    im started again with this rom, to try fixed some bugs, its hard work.....but I HOPE to solve it.... step by step!
    DefyFroyoSense-Beta-01

Hello again.

Some other small fixes.

1. Applied SU fix. You can also acces recovery app in the list of apps. Please do not ask for a newer recovery :)
    2. Added 720p playback support. see http://www.tools4movies.com/Droid/nfs_hp_2010_720p.zip for eg.

Thanks Dexter for modifying your first post to provide links to this new backups. Sorry for the size of Beta-00. It was an zip without compression. :)

Best regards.

http://dl.transfer.ro/DefyFroyoSense-Beta-01-transfer_RO-23feb-34ff3c.7z