Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
very useful and woking great!
7th December 2019, 07:17 PM |#8102  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Just wanted to add that if you have an Exynos Samsung S10 or Note 10 with system call recorder on Android 9, Samsung has included the system call recorder in Android 10 as well which is good on Samsung

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
7th December 2019, 11:56 PM |#8103  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Just wanted to add that if you have an Exynos Samsung S10 or Note 10 with system call recorder on Android 9, Samsung has included the system call recorder in Android 10 as well which is good on Samsung

Are you sure?
So if I have Note 10 with Android 10 then I don't need root to have call recording working for both sides?
8th December 2019, 12:16 AM |#8104  
Phoenix

More
Yes but only if you have the Exynos Note 10 with Indian, Thailand or other CSC that has a built in system recorder.

8th December 2019, 12:23 PM |#8105  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Oh that, I know that, I thought you mean that all Note/S series with Android 10 have working system call recorder. Thailand CSC works on Android 9 also.
8th December 2019, 12:58 PM |#8106  
Phoenix

More
In my earlier post I mentioned the device has to be Exynos with builtin system recorder for it to work in Android 10.

There were concerns that Samsung would remove call recording for all countries in Android 10. Luckily that is not the case so wanted to update everyone here.

8th December 2019, 03:36 PM |#8107  
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimEcho

I can confirm this is working on a Google Pixel 4 w/ Magisk root. I spent some time playing with the various settings and it seems the defaults are close (or very close) to optimal. The recording quality is so-so when recorded via the handset. Conversations are understandable but both sides of the call sound like they are being recorded in a bit of an echo chamber; kind of like what you would hear if you listened to a recording of music playing from a speaker.

A huge plus is that this works out of the box for recording over a Bluetooth headset. And with the headset, quality is significantly improved, but the trade-off is that volume is much lower. This can be managed by increasing the record volume in the settings to 200 or even 400%. This improves the volume of BT conversations but adds so much distortion to handset recordings that they are no longer usable. Small issues considering that this is the only app I know of that is working on a rooted Pixel 4.

Settings:
I recorded short calls with various settings, formats, levels, etc, and found that the best in terms of quality was:

Audio Source: Voice call uplink + downlink
Recording Format: WAV
Sample rate: 16000 Hz
Volume: 50%, 100%, 200% (depending)
When BT connected: do nothing

Changing the format to MP3 had a noticeable drop in audio quality. It intensified the echo chamber feel. Unchecking the "Don't use AMR driver" (meaning the driver would be used), caused recordings to not function. The app gave me a notification warning on the next call and re-enabled the checkbox on its own. Nice!

Changing the audio source to "Voice Communication" produced call recordings with no sound on either side. Using "Unprocessed" and "Default" produced recordings with a greatly diminished volume on the called party side and a somewhat reduced volume on the phone owner side. Perhaps using one of these with a 200% or 400% increased volume will yield ok results, but I didn't test.

Interestingly, changing the recording method to "root" doesn't work. No matter which subtype I choose (CAF, ALSA, MSM) I would always get the "Call Recorder can't record this call" notification.

Open questions I'm hoping someone could answer:

With a rooted phone, is it safe to completely disable the app notification? I know on non-rooted devices, Android will kill background apps that don't have a notification icon, but my understanding is that with the Magisk path, the recording app runs as a system app and those can never be auto-killed.

I like the option to encrypt the recordings, but is there information on what type of encryption is used, and how I could decrypt the files using a different, off-phone tool?

Thanks for all the awesome work!

Thanks for this post! These settings work great on my 4 XL.
11th December 2019, 03:37 PM |#8108  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello.
is there any one with Lenovo k6 power ?
for me its not working, the volume is not audible.
its just me or some one else also have same problem ?
11th December 2019, 07:29 PM |#8109  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Still the absolutely best app on my Android phone. I have been using this app for years, Apple did not have such an app back in the iPhone 3 days so I ditched it and never looks back!
Did I mention how awesome the developer is!?
Thank you my friend.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PamelaGirl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PamelaGirl Ad-Free
20th December 2019, 05:42 PM |#8110  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
sorry im asking
i have pixel 3 with no root ! if i download the app will it work ?

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

sorry im asking
i have pixel 3 with no root ! if i download the app will it work ?
24th December 2019, 12:13 AM |#8111  
So I ended up going with the VZW Note 10+ currently running Android 9 and call recorder is working great. But now I see that Android 10 is out. I wanna update to it but only if Call Recorder will still work without root? Im not holding my breath for a VZW Note 10+ root on Android 10 any time soon if ever but Call Recorder is a must have for me.

~SG
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)