FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,271

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st November 2012, 01:18 PM |#1011  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 290

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinggame992000

which should i chose between nexus 7 and galaxy tab 2 7.0
i mean i hard lot of screen defect on nexus 7.. and tab 2 seem more legit even though the spec lower... and black friday is coming.. wat should i get

OBVIOUSLY the Nexus 7 is better. Way better. With the tab 2 you can do calls and texting with a SIM card, that's basically the only positive from the tab 2.

21st November 2012, 05:47 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfsr98

OBVIOUSLY the Nexus 7 is better. Way better. With the tab 2 you can do calls and texting with a SIM card, that's basically the only positive from the tab 2.

Agree Nexus 7 over tab.
21st November 2012, 07:21 PM |#1013  
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey folks,

I'm looking at a used phone in the $300 range. My main concerns are great GPS and good developer support.

I was looking at the Galaxy S II or maybe the Skyrocket (LTE phone). But after looking over the last 15 pages of this thread it doesn't seem anyone mentions either of these phones much. It seems very few people are selling the Xperia models on eBay which makes me worried no one uses them, but they get lots of mentions here. Am I barking up the wrong tree with the S II?

What would you guys recommend for the $300 used price range for T-Mobile. (I've love the Nexus 4, but who knows if it'll ever be available again and its $450 on ebay)
22nd November 2012, 07:20 AM |#1014  

More
I need help choosing a phone from T-mobile. I've narrowed it down to:

HTC One S
Google Nexus 4
Windows Phone 8X
Lumia 810
Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm planning to use the phone primarily for music, web browsing, messaging, and sometimes games. I don't know how to use ROMs but is willing to learn how if it can help with the battery life/remove the bloatwares and other unnecessary apps.

Thank you in advance.
22nd November 2012, 09:46 AM |#1015  

More
i got some exertion between Nexus LG 4 V HTC 8x Windows phone 8
what you recomend to me?
the gamd and music very important for me.
the think i can get new system(wp8) exciting me
and in android i got app and game i love.
so what you recomend for me?
and by the way the money is not issue for me....
and please do not recommend for me other smartphones...
please help me!!
22nd November 2012, 11:40 AM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Optimus 2x or Xperia sola? why???
there is a big colour difference in Optimus 2X and screen is not clear (LCD)

youtube.com/watch?v=qAFs9OQinNo

youtube.com/watch?v=aIktbler_Mw

SOla doesn't have HDMI or Gyro.

help !!
22nd November 2012, 05:23 PM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
galaxy s4 or galaxy note 2
should i buy the galaxy note 2 now or wait for the galaxy s4

what i was planning to do with my phone is gaming and internet browsing,but what i'm concern is that the note 2 is gone lose his horse power against future games and that the s4 will be better for the more graphic intensive games in the future because of his exynos 5 chip,second is that im just a little bit worried about the screen quality of the note 2 and is the s4 rumored 1080p display gonna be alot better than the note 2 display,third is the size im 6 foot 6 and i thinking that the note 2 is not too big for me but generally i think that the note 2 is not to big for no buddy if you're sitting at the couch and comfortably holding the phone with one or two hands but my concern is when your in a hurry and you have your one hand full with bags or somthing and then you need to answer your phone or send a text message could you still use your note 2 with the other hand comfortably or secure enough not to drop it,fourth is that a need a good amount of internal memory for my apps and how it is right now the note 2 comes only with 16gb internal (i now there is a hack how to swap internal whit external memory but i dont now how good that is gone work) and that the s4 maybe come with 64gb right out of the box because samsung is working on a thiner and faster 64gb chip,and finally my last thought is like with every rumor is that they might be truth or not and that is what is eating me up is to wait for it to see are they real or not and why i can't wait no more because a never had a smartphone before (right now own a nokia c6-00) and i dont have alot of money to spend every half year to buy a new smartphone thats why my next phone needs to be good and not that i spend all my money for one phone and a couple of months later there is a better phone for almost the same amount of money,so that's all i have to say sorry for such a long post but i want to be really detailed about it and sorry if my english was bad am not so good ad it used google translate
22nd November 2012, 10:06 PM |#1018  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nexus 10, Asus Transformer Infinity or wait until January / February in the hope of something new or an upgrade to the infinity?

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
22nd November 2012, 10:07 PM |#1019  
Thanks Meter: 566

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmit

i got some exertion between Nexus LG 4 V HTC 8x Windows phone 8
what you recomend to me?
the gamd and music very important for me.
the think i can get new system(wp8) exciting me
and in android i got app and game i love.
so what you recomend for me?
and by the way the money is not issue for me....
and please do not recommend for me other smartphones...
please help me!!

IMO Go for the nexus, windows is fresh but hey you can always use launcher 7 on Android to get a similar feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy21

should i buy the galaxy note 2 now or wait for the galaxy s4

what i was planning to do with my phone is gaming and internet browsing,but what i'm concern is that the note 2 is gone lose his horse power against future games and that the s4 will be better for the more graphic intensive games in the future because of his exynos 5 chip,second is that im just a little bit worried about the screen quality of the note 2 and is the s4 rumored 1080p display gonna be alot better than the note 2 display,third is the size im 6 foot 6 and i thinking that the note 2 is not too big for me but generally i think that the note 2 is not to big for no buddy if you're sitting at the couch and comfortably holding the phone with one or two hands but my concern is when your in a hurry and you have your one hand full with bags or somthing and then you need to answer your phone or send a text message could you still use your note 2 with the other hand comfortably or secure enough not to drop it,fourth is that a need a good amount of internal memory for my apps and how it is right now the note 2 comes only with 16gb internal (i now there is a hack how to swap internal whit external memory but i dont now how good that is gone work) and that the s4 maybe come with 64gb right out of the box because samsung is working on a thiner and faster 64gb chip,and finally my last thought is like with every rumor is that they might be truth or not and that is what is eating me up is to wait for it to see are they real or not and why i can't wait no more because a never had a smartphone before (right now own a nokia c6-00) and i dont have alot of money to spend every half year to buy a new smartphone thats why my next phone needs to be good and not that i spend all my money for one phone and a couple of months later there is a better phone for almost the same amount of money,so that's all i have to say sorry for such a long post but i want to be really detailed about it and sorry if my english was bad am not so good ad it used google translate

You seriously need to summarize that! :|

Sent.... just sent!!
22nd November 2012, 10:20 PM |#1020  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_dustin

IMO Go for the nexus, windows is fresh but hey you can always use launcher 7 on Android to get a similar feel

You seriously need to summarize that! :|

Sent.... just sent!!

why you reccomend for me the nexus ?
i need some long explain please...
22nd November 2012, 10:40 PM |#1021  
Flag Northbrook
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmit

why you reccomend for me the nexus ?
i need some long explain please...

Well you said you thought WP8 is exciting, but with a Nexus you will get Android updates the fastest. Just think, when they release.Android 5.0 the Nexus 4 will be there to receive it. Won't THAT be more exciting than whatever next WP releases?
Also, no WP7 devices were upgraded to WP8. I don't really trust WP and updates because of that.

And WP8 isn't very exciting at all anyway, you will like it for a day than BAM! Instant boredom.

Sent from my DROID2 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)