[ROM] CorteX2 [GB ROM ANNOUNCEMENT][8-16-11]

Search This thread

volscian

May 29, 2010
Oh, and quick question about the VM Heap size. On my last phone (Droid Eris) I used to run usually 24m or 32m sizes, 32m being the most recommended. I saw that on this rom it's 75m (not sure if that's just what the DX2 normally uses), but I wanted to tinker with that setting, however no program is able to get the value to stay where I want it. Any suggestions? Maybe even a manual workaround?

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Oh, and quick question about the VM Heap size. On my last phone (Droid Eris) I used to run usually 24m or 32m sizes, 32m being the most recommended. I saw that on this rom it's 75m (not sure if that's just what the DX2 normally uses), but I wanted to tinker with that setting, however no program is able to get the value to stay where I want it. Any suggestions? Maybe even a manual workaround?

Es file explorer has a built-in text editor that works great as long as you set it to have root permissions. Should be able to change & save.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA Premium App

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
Normal VM is 60 to my knowledge. I just bumped it up a little. AOSP completion should be done within a month if all goes well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

volscian

May 29, 2010
So using ES File Explorer, what exactly should I change if I wish to modify the VM Heap size?

And ryman222, can't wait to see what it ends up looking like in the end, keep up the good work.

MrWilliams2

Aug 4, 2010
Ryman, did the latest update get rid of the silent boot? Since the update, everytime I reboot, I am graced with the "DROID" scream.

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
The problem was that my silent bootanimation.zip completely deleted any sort of animation so I just left until I can get a fix working

volscian

May 29, 2010
Ryman222, I've been searching around, where would I find the VM heap size so that I can mess around with it?

MarshallCS

Jul 26, 2009
Hi there, Does this version have the enhanced mms app from cyanogen, or is it using the text messaging app from motoblur? Same question with the calendar app, is it asop or is it motoblur.

Thanks for all your hard work

Marshall

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
Hi there, Does this version have the enhanced mms app from cyanogen, or is it using the text messaging app from motoblur? Same question with the calendar app, is it asop or is it motoblur.

Thanks for all your hard work

Marshall

It has standard text msg from moto. Im still having issues from the AOSP version. but soon

dannymumbles

May 21, 2010
philly
I have the second rom update, Can I do an update for this new rom update?....or do i have to wipe everthing again.
I know I can backup my apps and so on

ryman222

Dec 5, 2010
I have the second rom update, Can I do an update for this new rom update?....or do i have to wipe everthing again.
I know I can backup my apps and so on

At the least wipe data cache and dalvik. I recommend flashing from stock build and not a rom

dannymumbles

May 21, 2010
philly
stupid question....how do go back to stock with no root?....or stock with root?....can I use gingerbreak to unroot?

Most other times I just install a new rom or update on top of my rom...works for me but pain to reset up my phone every time.

Thanks

MrWilliams2

Aug 4, 2010
Danny, if you plan on switching ROM's regularly, I suggest you spend the money on Titanium Backup. It's worth every penny.

snowman7

Jul 4, 2008
Can't access Battery and Data Manager

Hello,
Just installed this ROM and trying to get it set up. In order to get data in my area I need to enable data roaming.

I can not access Battery and Data Manager in Settings. It just boots me back to the home screen.

Is anyone else having this issue or know how to solve it?

Thanks!

stupid question....how do go back to stock with no root?....or stock with root?....can I use gingerbreak to unroot?

Most other times I just install a new rom or update on top of my rom...works for me but pain to reset up my phone every time.

Thanks

If you had a backup of your stock rom before you flashed you could just restore that. If not you can use the SBF file.
Then just root that and then install the bootstrap recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ..::;;UPDATE;;::..
    CorteX2 v0.8.2 will be the last update the Droid X2 will see on Froyo.

p.s. Whos excited to see Google aqcuired Motorola Mobility. Hopefullly they do away with blur. I can just see the first phone to come after the whole thing is over, the "Droid Nexus" unmatched build qaulity along with unmatched software. Dream come true.

CorteX2 Custom Android ROM for the Motorola Droid X2
    by Ryman222

Follow me on Twitter: @ryman222
    -------------------------------------------------------
    OK so first things first. This was a ROM I was
    orginally building for the Droid X. When I dropped that
    in water, my insurance sent a Droid X2. Developement
    began that day. I give credit to those who deserve it, you
    know who you are. I added my own minor twists and flavors
    to the build. I also am in the stages of making this a "full" on
    AOSP ROM.
    Plenty of noteworthy changes are listed below. And without
    any further delay,I present you ---
    CorteX2 v0.6:
    Apps:
    - Completely Debloated
    - Installed APKs Deodexed
    - Some AOSP
    - Stock Gingerbread Launcher
    - New Market
    - X2Bootstrap Tool (With Nostalgia Theme)

Misc:
    - First ROM to Officially Support:
    - 3G TurboCharger
    - V6SuperCharger v8
    - Kickass Kernel
    - Build.prop Edits
    - HDMI Out (Haven't Tested)
    - No bootanimation.zip Sound
    - Added Some Custom Ringtones
    - Black Notification Bar
    - Tons of Sick Wallpapers

UPDATE:
    CorteX2 0.7.1
    ---------------
    - Fixed bootanimation
    - Replaced with Proper Build.prop

*Still Need to wipe Data & Cahce

UPDATE:
    CorteX2 0.8.2
    - Fixed USB Reboot Issue
    - Fixed Dead Battery Brick
    - Removed Sound Option from Lockscreen
    - More Build.prop Tweaks
    - AOSP Camera [w/Search MOD]
    - AOSP Gallery
    - Google Talk Added Back
    - Wireless Tether
    - Droid X LWP
    - Transparent Power Widget
    - Stealth Theme Updated [WIP]

*Still Froyo Based
    *[Recommended] Flash over a Stock Backup, Not another ROM.

Coming in v1.0.0:
    [ ] Swapping out the Ugly Blue for Flat Black
    [ ] New Keyboard + Black Swype
    [ ] Almost Full AOSP
    [ ] Add-on Package Support
    [ ] Liberty Toolbox Support
    -------------
    CREDITS
    -------------
    * Zeppelinrox for his v6 Supercharger
    * Hackthis02 for his DROID X LWP
    * C21Johnson for the MinX Base
    Install Instructions:
    [1] Place CorteX2_vXX-signed.zip at the root of your SDCard
    [2] Boot into recovery
    [3] Wipe Data & Cache
    [4] Wipe Data & Cache (Yes do it again)
    [5] Wipe Dalvik Cache
    [6] Install zip from SD
    [7] Reboot
    Note:
    To get the keyboard to work for the first time -
    Settings > Language & Keyboard > Input Method > (Select
    Multi-Touch Keyboard)
    CURRENT BUG THREAD:
    - Launcher Wallpapers Don't Work
    - Can't get into Battery and Data Manager Settings
    Downloads:
    ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?k9947umzado3969
    Add-ons: Coming Soon
    Am I understanding the feature list correctly? Are the listed turbo-chargers actually INCLUDED in this ROM? Or is it that the ROM merely supports those features if a user has them? Please clarify. I'm seriously interested in improving performance. If this can do it then I will definitely give it a try. Thanks in advance.

Hey GulMiguel, V6 SuperCharger / 3G TurboCharger / Kickass Kernel Script are all build into the ROM.
    Ooops, I almost forgot to ask. I can just flash this over top of what I have in place now - is that correct? (I mean I understand that there are a couple of wipes that have to be done and all, but I don't have to SBF or anything right?

Thanks again.

I may be wrong but I dont think he has released the 2.3 GB version yet. You may want to hold off on flashing until this is confirmed.
    The OP is missing information.

My name and a link to my V6 thread.
    Hello... Im a newbi here and this is my first post... I just installed cortex2 and went smooth. I was on Gingerbreak and used bootstrap for the x2 to install from recovery mode. I do notice somr issues and im not sure if there normal.

1) sync to verizon isnt working for my contact backups. I dont even see an option for it.

2) I used titanium backup and did a update.zip but when I go into recovery and try to install it wont load, again not sure if I did something wrong or not

3) noticed that not all the wallpaper is installed. I see a couple but the other boxes are gray.

should I redo the flash? I havent had a chance to play with it a lot so dont all the issues yet. Thanks for all your help and if I forgot to tell you something to help you let me know

David

1) can be downloaded from the market (https://market.android.com/search?q=verizon&so=1&c=apps)

2) use the bootloader to create a backup

3) clearly stated in the bug section this is not working properly yet. (post 1 of this thread)