[Q] Can safestrap be removed and still run custom rom?

Search This thread

LarryW3

Aug 30, 2012
I have been flashing new roms alot on my att mk2 I337 and found one I really like. But twice during all the roms the phone either wiped safestrap or skipped it during startup. It would start right up without the safestrap recovery or continue option. This happen when flashing into the stock rom slot. I dont know why it did that. The first time it booted and worked fine except the wifi because I forgot the AT&TMK2kernelmodules.zip. I rebooted multiple times trying to get the recovery option. I finally reinstalled ss to get that in there. The second time it skipped it but got stock in bootloop. Stuck on the boot animation for the rom I was installing. I cant blame the roms for doing it because I get them running fine. I had to go back to stock with odin. But I was curious if once the rom is up and going could you uninstall ss? And skip the recovery/continue option. It would be neat if you could. Then just reinstall it if need. Although I can see if something happens you would probably need to use odin again.

Also while typing this I started wondering if there is a way to install safestrap through odin or some other way if the phone system isnt booting?

Thanks to all the devs and members on this site!:D

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have been flashing new roms alot on my att mk2 I337 and found one I really like. But twice during all the roms the phone either wiped safestrap or skipped it during startup. It would start right up without the safestrap recovery or continue option. This happen when flashing into the stock rom slot. I dont know why it did that. The first time it booted and worked fine except the wifi because I forgot the AT&TMK2kernelmodules.zip. I rebooted multiple times trying to get the recovery option. I finally reinstalled ss to get that in there. The second time it skipped it but got stock in bootloop. Stuck on the boot animation for the rom I was installing. I cant blame the roms for doing it because I get them running fine. I had to go back to stock with odin. But I was curious if once the rom is up and going could you uninstall ss? And skip the recovery/continue option. It would be neat if you could. Then just reinstall it if need. Although I can see if something happens you would probably need to use odin again.

Also while typing this I started wondering if there is a way to install safestrap through odin or some other way if the phone system isnt booting?

You can't install safestrap any other way except the APK. The only way to flash to Stock without removing Safestrap is if the ROM has AROMA installer and an option to not wipe system, because then you can wipe /system from the Safestrap menu and then install.

Reactions: guut13

JTrocks

Feb 4, 2014
Just an Idea

You can install the SafeStrap apk file using the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) "install" command, as long as adb recognizes your phone. You can download everything you need from here. Although if you can't boot up your phone I don't see what you could do with the apk installed because you can't open the app to press the install button.

Quick tutorial on ADB:
1) Download the file above.
2) Unzip and navigate to the sdk folder > platform-tools.
3) Hold shift and right click inside the platform-tools folder. (Make sure you click on an empty space inside the folder, not on a file.)
4) Select "Open command window here".
5) Run the install command which you can find information on here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can't install safestrap any other way except the APK. The only way to flash to Stock without removing Safestrap is if the ROM has AROMA installer and an option to not wipe system, because then you can wipe /system from the Safestrap menu and then install.