[Q] Reverting back to stock ROM

Search This thread

Jakuzure

Apr 7, 2014
Melbourne
Hey guys, I've been using the HTC One and I've run into some troubles, someone else had this phone previously so I'm not very aware on what this phone is running.

The phone is unable to do any software updates which I believe it is because it is running a different/custom rom?
On the bootloader screen the phone is tampered and unlocked with S-on.
I don't really need for it to be COMPLETELY reverted back to factory settings, I just want the phone to be updatable and have the ability to install custom roms like Cyanogen.
How would I go about doing this?

Also want to add that I am very very new to this and have looked at a lot of things without really getting it all...

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Hey guys, I've been using the HTC One and I've run into some troubles, someone else had this phone previously so I'm not very aware on what this phone is running.

The phone is unable to do any software updates which I believe it is because it is running a different/custom rom?
On the bootloader screen the phone is tampered and unlocked with S-on.
I don't really need for it to be COMPLETELY reverted back to factory settings, I just want the phone to be updatable and have the ability to install custom roms like Cyanogen.
How would I go about doing this?

Also want to add that I am very very new to this and have looked at a lot of things without really getting it all...

Well as the saying goes "You can't have your cake and eat it too"

If you want the stock phone that will do OTA updates you can't flash custom roms. If you want to flash custom Roms you can't take OTA updates ... so which do you choose ?

Jakuzure

Apr 7, 2014
Melbourne
Revert

Well as the saying goes "You can't have your cake and eat it too"

If you want the stock phone that will do OTA updates you can't flash custom roms. If you want to flash custom Roms you can't take OTA updates ... so which do you choose ?

I want the phone to be stock as it's on some altered stock rom that I'm not aware of...

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I want the phone to be stock as it's on some altered stock rom that I'm not aware of...

OK then we need more information do you have fastboot and adb setup on your PC ? If yes please post the results from fastboot getvar all - minus your serial no and IMEI. From their we can locate you a RUU to return the phone to Stock.

Jakuzure

Apr 7, 2014
Melbourne
OK then we need more information do you have fastboot and adb setup on your PC ? If yes please post the results from fastboot getvar all - minus your serial no and IMEI. From their we can locate you a RUU to return the phone to Stock.

I have them both set up from this, running that command just gives me a "< waiting for device >" message that doesn't appear to change.