FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

*** Port Request and Speculation Thread ***

1,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,567

By kinfauns, Retired Senior Moderator and Retired DC Lead - The Quiet One on 1st January 2013, 05:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Do not create new threads with port requests!!!

Instead of creating a new thread in the forum with a new request for every device under the sun, post your ideas here. This thread can be used to discuss the possibility, viability or worthiness of a port, then to gather general interest or recruit developers into a project.

All other threads of this type should be reported for deletion to keep the clutter to a minimum.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinfauns For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinfauns Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 04:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
*** Port Request and Speculation Thread ***
I own two phones: the Motorola DROID 3 and the HTC DROID DNA. And both are phones I think deserve Ubuntu OS. But my DROID 3 especially, I no longer use it, and have wanted an operating system other than Android on it for a long time. Firefox OS, Open webOS, and now Ubuntu. But out of all of thes , I want Ubuntu the most.

The problem is :

I don't know how to code.

Plain and simple, I have no idea how to do anything you guys do. And so I'm really hoping you can bring a new OS to my now sitting in a corner phone. Will anyone here take the time to develop for it?
6th January 2013, 06:44 AM |#3  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Do they meet the system requirements? You might want to ask a rom developer in each of the phone's specific forums
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnitte For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Midnitte Ad-Free
6th January 2013, 08:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 93

More
The Droid 3 meets the minimum requirements for the entry level version, but not the high-end version that can dock with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse..
31st January 2013, 02:21 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Ubuntu on Ace 2
Is the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 able to run Ubuntu?
I'd like to have Ubuntu on my phone but i am not sure if it run on my phone

Gesendet von einem pre-rottet GT-I8160 via Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXAndroidXx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xXAndroidXx Ad-Free
2nd February 2013, 09:58 PM |#6  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Galaxy s3 or galaxy note 2
Hope these two power houses get a port of Ubuntu phone os
3rd February 2013, 01:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
They definitely should, especially considering the Note 2 has 2GB RAM.. Hell, I think the Note 2 could run the regular Desktop ARM obontoo.
7th February 2013, 04:38 AM |#8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 196

More
Will there be Ubuntu for sensation
Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
7th February 2013, 04:42 AM |#9  
Flag Canada
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Re: Will there be Ubuntu for sensation
It was stated that it will first launch on the galaxy nexus. However no one can confirm anything as of now it is too early

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
16th February 2013, 10:14 PM |#10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ubuntu on Galaxy S3 ?
I apologize in advance if this may sound as a stupid question, but is the Ubuntu OS available for the Samsung Galaxy S3 ? If so, could someone possibly direct me towards how I may acquire that ?

Thanks !

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
16th February 2013, 11:42 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ubuntu on mid-range devices?
I am using a samsung galaxy gio and was wondering if a phone lile mine could get an ubuntu port.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)