By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2014, 02:46 AM |#6041  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anas Karbila

@Codename13 @SeannyM
Sorry for that many questions etc. but i fixed some things in my pac 4.4 directory and when i build now i get this error:

It looks like the PAC build process is trying to build the hostapd binary, which I'm guessing is related to WiFi drivers and stuff. However, the hostapd file should be part of your proprietary blobs. For CM, hostapd is in the vendor tree. It is then written here that it is to be put under system/bin/hostapd, like you can see here. Use it as reference. Everything else seems to be compiling fine in that screenshot. If you get any errors like the one you're getting, check to see if the file needing the target should be in my device tree, a la "proprietary blobs."

19th June 2014, 03:04 PM |#6042  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,639

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

It looks like the PAC build process is trying to build the hostapd binary, which I'm guessing is related to WiFi drivers and stuff. However, the hostapd file should be part of your proprietary blobs. For CM, hostapd is in the vendor tree. It is then written here that it is to be put under system/bin/hostapd, like you can see here. Use it as reference. Everything else seems to be compiling fine in that screenshot. If you get any errors like the one you're getting, check to see if the file needing the target should be in my device tree, a la "proprietary blobs."

Alrigh thank you very much i try in an half hour and report back.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

@Codename13 @jonypx09 @SeannyM
Hello guys,

Maybe im asking to much but i really want pac 4.4 rom for our device but i keep getting anoying errors so if anyone can/would build it it would be awesome.
If anyone needs help i can offer all my building knowlegde (not much ).
19th June 2014, 03:57 PM |#6043  
Flag North Bay
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I've been trying to get hola unblocker working on my phone with cm11 so I can use pandora in canada. I've gotten everything to work in cm 10.2 using the hola vpn, but this option seems to comepletely block all data on cm11. Trying to use root access with hola doesn't seem to work in either system as hola keeps having to restart... It sucks cause until this works I can't use pandora
19th June 2014, 04:10 PM |#6044  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseventensplit

I've been trying to get hola unblocker working on my phone with cm11 so I can use pandora in canada. I've gotten everything to work in cm 10.2 using the hola vpn, but this option seems to comepletely block all data on cm11. Trying to use root access with hola doesn't seem to work in either system as hola keeps having to restart... It sucks cause until this works I can't use pandora

Download the app ORBOT from the play store install it then download PANDORA. ORBOT hides that apps from a specific area so they work. I have it on my phone too. Of course u need to be rooted that ORBOT works.
19th June 2014, 09:34 PM |#6045  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
@jonypx09 I want to test build (your) cm11 with some commits like halo,peek etc. but i don't know if i can build with that commits in first time or must i first build normally and then edit the device tree?
And also if i want to build with archidroid optimizations, must i replace my build folder with yours from github?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

@SeannyM could you please reupload the device tree etc. to your github because all the local_manifest.xml are based on your github profile, thats the reason i get errors when syncing pac and (this time) when syncing cm11.
19th June 2014, 09:47 PM |#6046  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

@jonypx09 I want to test build (your) cm11 with some commits like halo,peek etc. but i don't know if i can build with that commits in first time or must i first build normally and then edit the device tree?
And also if i want to build with archidroid optimizations, must i replace my build folder with yours from github?

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

@SeannyM could you please reupload the device tree etc. to your github because all the local_manifest.xml are based on your github profile, thats the reason i get errors when syncing pac and (this time) when syncing cm11.

When do you think you'll release a working build of PAC ( or ParanoidAndroid)?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 09:57 PM |#6047  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheST4RL

When do you think you'll release a working build of PAC ( or ParanoidAndroid)?

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

I really don't know because i keep getting anoying errors, but i try what i can do.
At the moment i try building a cm11 with some commits like halo etc. because its much easier to do.
19th June 2014, 10:07 PM |#6048  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Quote:

Don't download the repository that's in my github account; I will upload a newer version soon, probably tomorrow.
20th June 2014, 05:19 AM |#6049  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Guys, I got a funky error when trying to build CM10.2 today after having repo sync'ed. I spent a half hour searching for similar things, but I couldn't find anything too relevant. The error is near the beginning of the build process:
Quote:

cp: cannot stat ‘bootable/recovery/gui/devices//res/*’: No such file or directory

Anyone want to lend me a hand here? I know that the issue is probably related to some toolchain changes, and the error probably lies within bootable/recovery.
20th June 2014, 07:21 AM |#6050  
Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Guys, I got a funky error when trying to build CM10.2 today after having repo sync'ed. I spent a half hour searching for similar things, but I couldn't find anything too relevant. The error is near the beginning of the build process:

Anyone want to lend me a hand here? I know that the issue is probably related to some toolchain changes, and the error probably lies within bootable/recovery.

Are you have edited the kernel makefile to the toolchain directory?
If you already did that try using brunch command to build or build with a .sh file (if exist in your main cm10.2 directory) using the command:
Name of the .sh file something like rom-build.sh kylessopen.

---------- Post added at 08:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Quote:

Is that the only no such file or directory error or are there more of them?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonypx09

Don't download the repository that's in my github account; I will upload a newer version soon, probably tomorrow.

Alright thank you

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

@jonypx09 I edited the local_manifests in your github account a bit so now they are working fine (for me) to sync.
20th June 2014, 12:35 PM |#6051  
Flag North Bay
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:

Download the app ORBOT from the play store install it then download PANDORA. ORBOT hides that apps from a specific area so they work. I have it on my phone too. Of course u need to be rooted that ORBOT works.

I tried that method and it works very VERY occasionally. On the older cm 10.2 rom hola vpn worked all the time, no questions. So, is there a setting in kit kat that needs to be changed? I'm looking for something that works 99% of the time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)