By Blaster3K, Junior Member on 28th November 2012, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2014, 03:53 AM |#6541  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 585

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

Really, there are two solutions for our Bluetooth: 1. Write custom bluetooth code for our CSR chipset (which would be nearly impossible given our level of expertise, and the fact that there is little to no documentation for the CSR bluetooth chips) or 2. Port the BlueZ stack forward, replacing Bluedroid with it. BlueZ does support the CSR bluetooth chips. I attempted to port it with little success when I was working on CM10.2. This guy has a guide that we could use as reference. There's also a project on code.google called aosp-bluez that has already done the job. Maybe I'll diff out the changes or port AOSP? I dunno right now. For now, I'm calling it a day.

I've followed that guide, with no success. I'm going to try it again sometime this week....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonypx09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonypx09 Ad-Free

22nd September 2014, 11:45 PM |#6542  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm having this strange "bug" if you will, where when I press the screen too many times in a row (playing games such as hill climb racing or swordigo) it stops responding for a few seconds. I've had this happen for a long long time (probably since I got the phone) but not on the custom roms. Does anyone else have this "issue" on stock rom? Or is it just touchwiz being slow?
23rd September 2014, 11:43 PM |#6543  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce9121997

I'm having this strange "bug" if you will, where when I press the screen too many times in a row (playing games such as hill climb racing or swordigo) it stops responding for a few seconds. I've had this happen for a long long time (probably since I got the phone) but not on the custom roms. Does anyone else have this "issue" on stock rom? Or is it just touchwiz being slow?

When I was in stock I had small freezes too when I played some games. I thought my Trend had some weird hardware problem. But if you use a custom ROM it will disappear
28th September 2014, 11:06 AM |#6544  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
@SeannyM - Any news about CM 10.1 restoration?
@Codename13 - Any news about your new project?
28th September 2014, 12:57 PM |#6545  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Could someone show me how to add USB OTG to our phone? I really need it
28th September 2014, 03:29 PM |#6546  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheST4RL

Could someone show me how to add USB OTG to our phone? I really need it

We can't "add" usb otg, because it is in hardware. You must buy phone with this, Trend doesn't have this.

Направлено со смартфона
28th September 2014, 04:14 PM |#6547  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory678

@SeannyM - Any news about CM 10.1 restoration?
@Codename13 - Any news about your new project?

If by "new project" you mean OmniROM 4.4, then yes there is news. I've been debugging it the last couple of days. Right now I'm away from home so I can't work on it ATM. The only bugs (that are making it less functional than CM11) left are front camera and YouTube/playing videos. With the front camera, I can take a picture but then the preview freezes and I have to change to rear camera or exit the camera app for the front camera to be able to take another picture. Otherwise the camera app force closes. With the video playing issue, videos simply will not play. In YouTube, the video just loads forever. In the video player, an error message pops up. Both of these issues must be caused by some changes to the device tree because I had these same issues in my last builds of CM10.2. When I return home, I'll upload my device tree to GitHub and compare it to jonypx09's device tree.

Another thing that I'd like to attempt to do, though it isn't high priority, is to port the SGH-L710 (Sprint S3) official KitKat update's Adreno libraries. That device has an Adreno 225 so it's libraries should be compatible with our Adreno 200 (provided that we do some kernel work, basically backporting newer KGSL kernel drivers). If we succeed then our KitKat ROMs will be much smoother and less graphically glitchy, and we will also have a much easier time with Android L.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
28th September 2014, 04:22 PM |#6548  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinec

We can't "add" usb otg, because it is in hardware. You must buy phone with this, Trend doesn't have this.

Направлено со смартфона

Edit: Never mind, I searched it and there's no clear-cut answer. Perhaps I can take some time to test it on stock and make 100% sure. Then again, if the device can't support it, we might be able to add it.
28th September 2014, 06:11 PM |#6549  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

Another thing that I'd like to attempt to do, though it isn't high priority, is to port the SGH-L710 (Sprint S3) official KitKat update's Adreno libraries. That device has an Adreno 225 so it's libraries should be compatible with our Adreno 200 (provided that we do some kernel work, basically backporting newer KGSL kernel drivers). If we succeed then our KitKat ROMs will be much smoother and less graphically glitchy, and we will also have a much easier time with Android L.

For that thing I will be waiting the most, it could have higher priority .
28th September 2014, 08:59 PM |#6550  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail

Edit: Never mind, I searched it and there's no clear-cut answer. Perhaps I can take some time to test it on stock and make 100% sure. Then again, if the device can't support it, we might be able to add it.

I was talking about using a custom kernel to have USB OTG Support.
29th September 2014, 01:13 AM |#6551  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheST4RL

I was talking about using a custom kernel to have USB OTG Support.

Some smartphones USB can only receive power, while other can receive and give external power, and that is the principal requirement for OTG. Maybe the Trend isn't capable to give power and work with OTG.

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to rey2gato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rey2gato Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)