new rom , how to root for galaxy tab 3 t210R

Search This thread

muiacir

Nov 8, 2013
Hi guys
Today i buy a galaxy tab 3 sm-T210R
1 - how to root it?
2 - the stock firmware is 4.1.2 , what is the latest stock firmware for it?pls give me a link.
3 - does this device support simcard?
4 - one of my friend told me that it is locked.what that it means?how to know that it is lock or unlock?how to unlock it?
Thanks

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Hi guys
Today i buy a galaxy tab 3 sm-T210R
1 - how to root it?
2 - the stock firmware is 4.1.2 , what is the latest stock firmware for it?pls give me a link.
3 - does this device support simcard?
4 - one of my friend told me that it is locked.what that it means?how to know that it is lock or unlock?how to unlock it?
Thanks

1. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437219
2. You have the latest firmware - http://www.samsungis.com/Firmwares/SM-T210R.html.
3. No, the device does not support a simcard.
4. The device is WiFi only and is not locked. Phones in the US are locked to specific carriers. To unlock the phone means to allow the phone to work on any carrier.

Reactions: muiacir

muiacir

Nov 8, 2013
2. You have the latest firmware - http://www.samsungis.com/Firmwares/SM-T210R.html.
4. The device is WiFi only and is not locked. Phones in the US are locked to specific carriers. To unlock the phone means to allow the phone to work on any carrier.
The topic for tw recovery and another topic for cwm recovery did not work and i still have the stock recovery.
Is there another way to root the device with no installung the pre-rooted firmware? I want the stock firmware

The topic for tw recovery and another topic for cwm recovery did not work and i still have the stock recovery.
Is there another way to root the device with no installung the pre-rooted firmware? I want the stock firmware

The recovery and root works, you must unchecked the auto reboot by odin, after flashing boot manuly with the 3 combo keys into the revovery andflash the xxxroot.zip.

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA

All of my posted recoveries work fine. You didn't follow the directions close enough. Make sure you flash the universal root.zip once you get the recovery working. If not, it will re-install the stock recovery automatically.

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Please explain how you are trying to add TWRP or CWM to your device. Do not leave out any details. This what we can see if you are missing a step. It should be a very simple process if the steps are followed correctly (as mentioned above). So please explain how you are doing it and what tools you are using.

Thanks

muiacir

Nov 8, 2013

All of my posted recoveries work fine. You didn't follow the directions close enough. Make sure you flash the universal root.zip once you get the recovery working. If not, it will re-install the stock recovery automatically.

Please explain how you are trying to add TWRP or CWM to your device. Do not leave out any details. This what we can see if you are missing a step. It should be a very simple process if the steps are followed correctly (as mentioned above). So please explain how you are doing it and what tools you are using.

Thanks
Thanks guys
1 - i go into download mode
2 - i open the odin v3.07(in win 8 that all the usb drivers were installed)
3 - then i connect the device to the computer via cable
4 - in the odin , the device added succesfully.
5 - i add the .tar file into pda and then uncheck the auto-reboot and f-partition
6 - i press start and it succesfully insralled(the odein said res ok and a green color upright said pass)
7 - i fo not go to the os , i directlly pres home and lower volme and power and directlly go to the recovery but still the recovery is stock recovery

Brian D

Feb 18, 2014
Oceanside, Ca
Thanks guys
1 - i go into download mode
2 - i open the odin v3.07(in win 8 that all the usb drivers were installed)
3 - then i connect the device to the computer via cable
4 - in the odin , the device added succesfully.
5 - i add the .tar file into pda and then uncheck the auto-reboot and f-partition
6 - i press start and it succesfully insralled(the odein said res ok and a green color upright said pass)
7 - i fo not go to the os , i directlly pres home and lower volme and power and directlly go to the recovery but still the recovery is stock recovery

I think step 7 is where you might be going wrong. Again, I THINK, I could be mistaken. But I would say start the tablet in normal mode before attempting to go into recovery. After the tablet starts, go ahead and shut it down. Then try and go into recovery mode.

Also, did you start Odin as an administrator? It sounds like you are OK in that regard as you got it going and loading. But if you are still having problems then try executing Odin as administrator.

Which .tar file are you loading? Is it one of the recovery files such as TWRP or CWM?

The only other thing might be the version of recovery you are trying to load. Make sure it works with your tab and firmware. I am sure you have already checked that, but just in case you forgot.

muiacir

Nov 8, 2013
I think step 7 is where you might be going wrong. Again, I THINK, I could be mistaken. But I would say start the tablet in normal mode before attempting to go into recovery. After the tablet starts, go ahead and shut it down. Then try and go into recovery mode.

Also, did you start Odin as an administrator? It sounds like you are OK in that regard as you got it going and loading. But if you are still having problems then try executing Odin as administrator.

Which .tar file are you loading? Is it one of the recovery files such as TWRP or CWM?

The only other thing might be the version of recovery you are trying to load. Make sure it works with your tab and firmware. I am sure you have already checked that, but just in case you forgot.
Ok i will test that(going to recovery after going to os)
What version should i use? I tested both of the tw and cwm

gr8nole

Oct 9, 2010
Lynchburg, VA
Ok i will test that(going to recovery after going to os)
What version should i use? I tested both of the tw and cwm

In your number 7, you should be holding volume up to get into recovery. When you see the Tab 3 logo, release the power button but continue holding home and volume up until you get into recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Top Liked Posts