[ROM][4.2.2][YP-G70][OTA]Remics-JB Fire Eel Mk 2 (v5.0.2) [24.06.13]

Search This thread

Sparx639

Mar 29, 2012
North Woodstock
Supermaster, does your team have a touchwiz-like ROM for the galaxy nexus? I bet you could make a damn good one, I haven't found one in the stickied thread though.

iurnait

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
Southern California
when you compiled with 0x33F000, did you change the resolution of the image being taken? The default setting is 5MP, but our camera is only 3.2MP so you need to change it to 3MP in the settings of the camera app. You might also need to change some ISO code as the camera doesn't take an image if too much light enters the sensor or something like that

i tried it too, and there is a blink on the screen when you take photos, but it doesnt seem to save properly.
although panorama mode does work.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Supermaster, does your team have a touchwiz-like ROM for the galaxy nexus? I bet you could make a damn good one, I haven't found one in the stickied thread though.

Not at the moment. I think we have someone who owns a galaxy nexus so I could ask whether he could start development for it.

i tried it too, and there is a blink on the screen when you take photos, but it doesnt seem to save properly.
although panorama mode does work.

did panorama work before? Also are the image dimensions 0x0 px? If so, the JPEG conversion/saving method has a massive bug, but should be easy to fix by copying the saving method for the front camera

Last edited:
Reactions: iurnait

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
Not at the moment. I think we have someone who owns a galaxy nexus so I could ask whether he could start development for it.

did panorama work before? Also are the image dimensions 0x0 px? If so, the JPEG conversion/saving method has a massive bug, but should be easy to fix by copying the saving method for the front camera

Now I'm not at home but when I'm at home I'll do some work on the camera. I believe I can get it to work :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

Sultanxda

Recognized Developer
That means trawling through the source and locating the broken saving method should be the next step. If we can identify the different functions for the two cameras, we can modify the method for the rear camera to match the front camera

I'm going to combine the Galaxy Tab HAL with the current HAL we're using, retaining the FFC code we have right now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

Reactions: iurnait

Mevordel

Apr 24, 2012
I'm trying to build with my camera changes but I get this error after a little while:
Code:
No rule to make target `/home/sultan/cm10.1/out/target/product/venturi_usa/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libs3cjpeg_intermediates/export_includes'

Anyone know how to fix it?

I quoted basically all of the camera discussion into the camera thread and replied there. :highfive:

Reactions: Sultanxda

Nitrosolid

Aug 1, 2012
Will this work for the international version?

I have a international version of the Samsung galaxy player 5,Its the one with the physical home button.Im wondering if this custom ROM is compatible with my device.

Nitrosolid

Aug 1, 2012
Yes it is. Once you've flashed the ROM, flash a kernel designed for INTL devices or your back, home and menu keys won't work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Ok i got a custom kernel from a very helpful member.Now i have one more question do you recommend i flash the ROM from my internal SD card or my external SD card? does it matter were i flash? Sorry for the newbie questions its my first time flashing a custom ROM.

Supermaster34

Jan 6, 2012
London
www.team-remics.com
Ok i got a custom kernel from a very helpful member.Now i have one more question do you recommend i flash the ROM from my internal SD card or my external SD card? does it matter were i flash? Sorry for the newbie questions its my first time flashing a custom ROM.

It shouldn't really matter but I always flash from external.

Nitrosolid

Aug 1, 2012
Damn

Damn i tried flashing it and it got aborted and gave me an error. It said

--Installing: /sdcard/JellyBean/Player_5_RemICS--JB_.0.0.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="YP-G70" || getprop_("ro.build.product") == "YP-G70" || getprop_("ro.build.device") == "venturi_usa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "venturi_usa" || getprop_("ro.build.device") == "venturi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "venturi"
E:Error in /sdcard/JellyBean/Player_5_RemICS--JB_.0.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

(sigh)

Can you guys help me out please :crying:

iurnait

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
Southern California
Damn i tried flashing it and it got aborted and gave me an error. It said

--Installing: /sdcard/JellyBean/Player_5_RemICS--JB_.0.0.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") =="YP-G70" || getprop_("ro.build.product") == "YP-G70" || getprop_("ro.build.device") == "venturi_usa" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "venturi_usa" || getprop_("ro.build.device") == "venturi" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "venturi"
E:Error in /sdcard/JellyBean/Player_5_RemICS--JB_.0.0.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

(sigh)

Can you guys help me out please :crying:
install cm9 first

Reactions: Supermaster34

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    user2940314_pic29605_1352778834.png

After a very long wait it's finally here!

Screenshots (WIP)

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-39-05.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-40-20.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-00.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-13-41-46.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-37-33.png
    Screenshot_2013-05-28-21-38-14.png

Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-38.png
    Screenshot_2013-06-09-21-12-45.png

Features

Samsung GALAXY S4 Like UI
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Launcher
    Samsung GALAXY S4 UI Sounds
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Shutter Sound
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Lock , Unlock Sounds
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Icons
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Ringtones
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Alarms
    Samsung GALAXY S4 Notifications
    Samsung GALAXY S series bootanimation
    Tweaked SystemUI and framework-res
    Native OTA Updates
    Internal SD card mounted as USB Storage, External SD card mounted as emmc
    80% and 100% transparent status bar mods are available

Check here for information about upcoming features

Issues/Problems

• Back camera opens, but doesn't save pictures
    • Standard CM10.1 issues

Before contacting me about issues you have, read the FAQ as most issues have simple workarounds

Thanks and recognition

XDA Developers, CyanogenMod and CM9/CM10/CM10.1 team, CWM recovery team, Team Remics, JesusFreke for smali, Brut.all for apktool, YP-G70 CM9/CM10/CM10.1 devs, Team Supernova/YP-G1 devs, Team Droid Invaders for their brilliant S4 notification centre

JackpotClavin, gmillz, iurnait, android1234567, KOala888, zaclimon, amarullz for AROMA Installer, pmdisawesome, EcHoFiiVe, hanthesolo, erpurohit, monish1995, rodman01

Changelog, downloads and other useful stuff available in next few posts
    Instructions and downloads

OTA installation
    1. Download update through OTA updater app
    2. Reboot into recovery and flash rom. This will start up AROMA installer.
    3. Select a language > Select installer theme > Accept licence etc. > Install > Custom > Select kernel and bootanimation > Install
    4. Once the install has finished, untick the reboot option and press finish. Then flash GApps
    5. Flash transparency mods if you want
    6. Reboot

Coming from CM10.1:
    1. Download rom and reboot into recovery
    2. Flash in recovery
    3. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
    4. Flash the latest GApps
    5. Flash transparency mods if you want
    6. Reboot

Coming from other roms:
    1. Download rom and reboot into recovery
    2. If you're coming from GB, flash an ICS rom first
    3. Wipe /data, /system, /dbdata, /cache and dalvik-cache
    4. Flash in recovery
    5. Flash INTL kernel (Only if required!)
    6. Flash the latest GApps
    7. Flash transparency mods if you want
    8. Reboot

Changelog

Code:
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 2 - v5.0.2 - BUILD JB5FE2R - md5: 3c1c7c4b9f889edea372dab63ab64737[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated CM10.1 code
    [*]Added the Samsung style notification drawer by Team Droid Invaders
    [*]Removed the Accuweather widget
    [/LIST]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 1 - v5.0.1 - BUILD JB5FE1R - md5: 25cf64206185b36a5ea77e9d971ea95b[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Added AROMA installer
    [*]Choice of kernels - USA/INTL
    [*]Choice of bootanimations
    [*]Included the latest version of our custom notification drawer. This is nowhere near finished yet, but we're making progress
    [*]Implemented rear facing camera recording fix
    [*]Reverted messy vold hack
    [*]Updated alarm tones, notification tones, ringtones and UI sounds from SIII to S4 version
    [/LIST]
    [COLOR="Navy"]Fire Eel Mk 0 - v5.0.0 - BUILD JB5FE0R - md5: 61da9bb0d32de648ed13721ec36ce376[/COLOR]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]
    Superb rom, but there is no FM Radio app :(
    Spirit FM is not working.

It should work. Just fiddle with the settings.

I had my last exam today, but now the real work begins :p. I'm free-ish until Wednesday so I should be able to get a new release out by then. After Wednesday I'll be on holiday so I won't be developing, but I'll still be answering questions and trying to help from abroad. Once I'm back, I'll be working on some camera stuff amongst other things so this should be an eventful summer

Edit:

Check out this bootanimation by one of our team members. I can add it as an option in Aroma installer, but I'm wary of making the download file too large, but if you guys don't mind a few more MB, I'll include it in the zip
    Other Downloads

Sultan Kernel - INTL/USA/KOR
    Mercurius Reborn Kernel - INTL/USA
    Back camera video recording fix - Only required for v5.0.0. Baked into rom in v5.0.1+
    Status bar transparency mods by rodman01

Coming Soon:

Bold indicates the changes are arriving in the next version

• Touchwiz Notification Drawer
    • More S4 UI elements
    • A less ugly vold workaround
    • Back Camera recording fix
    • Updated alarm tones, ringtones, notification tones and UI sounds from the S4
    • S4-like digital clock widget (homescreen + lockscreen) - having a few issues with this :/
    • I'm open to feature requests (but I don't promise to deliver :p) so send me a pm, email me, let us know on G+ or whatever

Useful Links

http://www.team-remics.com
    Google+ Page (Updates, Community, general chat)
    Facebook Updates, Community
    My Github - I'll be uploading certain bits and bobs for parts of the rom where the modifications can't be done on CM10.1 like our Touchwiz notification drawer which is coming soon
    FAQ

Before posting about any issues you have, please read this FAQ as it might save you some time. I'll be adding to this as I go once more common issues are discovered

FAQ

1. I have an INTL device and the home, menu and back buttons do not work anymore
    A: Flash an INTL kernel.

2. I can't find developer options
    A: Settings > about device > tap Build Number 7 times. Press back. Scroll to bottom. Voila; developer options

3. ADB doesn't work
    A: Turn on USB debugging from developer options. Update ADB using SDK manager (or however you prefer do it). Connect to computer. Accept whitelist request. Bingo

4. Trying to get a logcat but "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory"
    A: Logging is probably disabled in the kernel. Flash a different kernel

5. I want to try out the phablet and tablet UI's. How do I do that? How can I go back to the phone UI?
    A: When the dpi > 128, phone UI is used. When 106 < dpi < 129, phablet UI is used. When dpi = 106, Tablet UI is used. Phablet UI and Tablet UI are not fully themed yet and the S4 launcher doesn't respond well do changes in dpi so you're forced to use Trebuchet. As you'd imagine, setting the dpi so low makes everything really small so its not the most comfortable UI to use, but some apps make better use of the large screen in lower dpi settings

6. Where can I find wipe /system, /dbdata in CWM?
    A: Go to mounts and storage

7. I get an assert failed error. HALP!
    A: If you're still on GB, flash in ICS rom. Also try updating your CWM recovery to v6.x by installing a new kernel like Sultan

8. USB debugging and mounting USB storage doesn't work
    A: Disable fastcharge

9. How can I swap my external and internal sd cards around?
    A: Using a file manager (with root access) go to /system/build.prop and modify
    Code:
    persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0
    to
    Code:
    persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1
    Save the file and reboot

10. How can I stop OTA updater and Play store force closing after updating the rom?
    A:Settings > Apps > OTA Updater/Play Store > Clear Data

11. I like this rom but I have a 4.0. What can I do?
    A: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2320198. The 4.0 rom is currently on 4.1.2, but it should be updated to 4.2.2 soon

12. I flashed this rom and now zombies are after me
    A: Don't panic. Flash this. It turns your device into a sonar which will allow you to see any moving objects near you so you can make a quick escape