Don't Start A New Thread - Dream Questions & Answers Here!

Search This thread

B-Eazy

Dec 2, 2008
Im running cyanogen and it says that rom will automatically do a2sd Default, but my apps arent on my SD card

Should I partition, wipe, then re-flash?

I'm not sure they aren't on your SD either. What Apps2SD did you use? What SD do you have and what class? need more info

B-Eazy

Dec 2, 2008
I've searched for more info and am slowly closing in on what I need to resolve my audio problem.

Description: When listening to audio (mp3 in native Music Player via headphones/car stereo w/ a variety of HTC dongles), loss of audio occurs when various other audio components are utilized (testing of notification sounds, some volume controls not related to media volume), etc).

System: Cyanogen 3.6.1 (with wipe after 3.6) / SDHC Class 4 (partitioned ext3 & FAT32) / had prev used Meltus' AudioMod, but have apparently returned to stock

Example from adb logcat during the interruption of audio drivers:
Code:
I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): Routing audio to Wired Headset and Speaker
I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): Set master volume to 5.
D/VolumePanel(  133): onVolumeChanged(streamType: 2, flags: 0)
D/VolumePanel(  133): onVolumeChanged(streamType: 2, flags: 0)
W/AudioTrack(  116): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x81738 user=00001c20, server=00000960
W/AudioTrack(  116): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x38940 user=00c75d80, server=00c74ac0
W/AudioTrack(  116): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x81738 user=00001c20, server=00000960
W/AudioTrack(  116): obtainBuffer timed out (is the CPU pegged?) 0x38940 user=00c75d80, server=00c74ac0

'adb logcat' during boot turns up:
Code:
E/RIL Acoustic(  114): can't open /dev/htc-acoustic -1
D/AndroidRuntime(  115): 
D/AndroidRuntime(  115): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<
D/AndroidRuntime(  115): CheckJNI is OFF
D/AndroidRuntime(  115): --- registering native functions ---
I/        (  116): ServiceManager: 0xac38
I/HTC Acoustic(  116): libhtc_acoustic.so version 1.0.1.1.
E/HTC Acoustic(  116): can't open /dev/htc-acoustic -1
E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  116): Could not set acoustic parameters to share memory: -1

I've tried resetting the permissions for /dev/htc-acoustic to no avail. I've seen a couple of pages mention htc-acoustic failing because of libaudio.so, but I don't have a clue how to resolve any problems related to either of these.

Open to all suggestions short of returning to stock or a different ROM.

I'm having the same issue on a different ROM. Haven't had much time to look at it yet but I'm pretty sure some of the new builds are having headphone issues

mattmaso

Jan 23, 2009
Hamburg
www.facebook.com
Bug?

Hey there.

I have a question. I rooted my G1 with Dude's Cupcake 1.3rc2 and I used the newest Radio (ota-radio-2_22_19_26I) but my G1 is showing me that I'm using The Radio version 1.22.12.29. Is this normal?

regards

civicslayr07

Jul 1, 2009
okay i got the terminal app and i typed in su and hit enter and it said permission denied. so i guess i dont have root, i am running rc 29. i dont get it. is there like a guide to doing this stuff, i follow the directions to the letter but every step reeks of fail.

civicslayr07

Jul 1, 2009
and by guide i mean something that is legible. i means let pretend that i know as much about modding phones as i do about quantum pysics... matter of fact lets not pretend. these guides all act like its pie rootin your phone and stuuf i mean i need a complete newblet guide. i keep reading and reading trying to figure this out for myself, but nothing relates, you learn about one thing and it seems like it has nothing to do with nething, i feel almost like this is some sick joke.

civicslayr07

Jul 1, 2009
sorry for the suprer posts and the fact that im triple posting, but so far i have sucsesfully "flashed" (i think thats the right term though i havnt a clue what flashing is) my phone woth rc29, downloaded telnet, and downloaded terminal emulator though i havnt a clue what the heck to do, telnet never conects to host but when it does i cant seem to sucsesfully get the code in, it always comes up witht that stupid 7 thing. im getting so frustrated witht this thing.

LucidREM

Jan 18, 2009
Baltimore
www.lucidrem.us
How-to- Root, Hack, and Flashing your G1/Dream

sorry for the suprer posts and the fact that im triple posting, but so far i have sucsesfully "flashed" (i think thats the right term though i havnt a clue what flashing is) my phone woth rc29, downloaded telnet, and downloaded terminal emulator though i havnt a clue what the heck to do, telnet never conects to host but when it does i cant seem to sucsesfully get the code in, it always comes up witht that stupid 7 thing. im getting so frustrated witht this thing.

my instructions are as bare as they come .. no "fluff" .. meaning it gives no interpretation to the steps you perform .. but followed step by step it reveals hidden treasures in the thing we call "root"

http://files.lucidrem.us/jf/ROOT/g1_root.txt

just a very simple text file

AGx-07_162

Mar 5, 2009
Quick question, may have been mentioned before. I recently upgraded to Cyanogen 3.6.2 from 3.4.6 and applied Drizzy's Ophone theme and since, my HTC VK will not work in Landscape mode. I dont know whether to blame this on the theme or the rom. I did not have this issue on 3.4.6 but then, I didn't use this theme either. I will try reinstalling the ROM without the theme tomorrow but I would like to know if this is a known issue or something new. Thanks in advance for you help guys. I'll test and post my findings in the morn.

AGx-07_162

Mar 5, 2009
Quick question, may have been mentioned before. I recently upgraded to Cyanogen 3.6.2 from 3.4.6 and applied Drizzy's Ophone theme and since, my HTC VK will not work in Landscape mode. I dont know whether to blame this on the theme or the rom. I did not have this issue on 3.4.6 but then, I didn't use this theme either. I will try reinstalling the ROM without the theme tomorrow but I would like to know if this is a known issue or something new. Thanks in advance for you help guys. I'll test and post my findings in the morn.

I found my own answer in that theme's thread this morning. It was due to an app they included that was not in the ROM (HTC Music) which has a known VK issue. I'm removing it from the theme and reinstalling in hopes that will make the fix.

ahmitoo

Jun 9, 2008
lock screen ophone on g1

Is it possible porting lock screen ophone on g1. for compete iphone.

Its so beautiful:eek:

PS excuse me for my english too bad but i hope you understand my words:D:confused:

Attachments

• Ophone1.jpg
    Ophone1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 34

code72

Jun 1, 2005
Browser w flash

Hi, is it possible to make an update.zip with only Hero's browser apk inside that can be flashed with any rom? (Cyanogen JF etc.) It would be great!

code72

Jun 1, 2005
Nandroid

Another question, sorry:
How Nandroid backup works?
If i'm on cyanogen 3.6 (apps 2 sd) with hero theme and i do a nandroid backup and after i flash my g1 with another rom, Jachero for example, i'll have all my apps because they are on sd;
Now, if i restore my backup, my g1 returns with cyanogen and hero theme? Or must i before flash cyanogen and hero theme and after restore my backup?
I hope you understand what i ask, sorry for my english.
Thanks for help.
Andrea

UPDATE: Solved, nandroid backup is fantastic!

Last edited:

Gorguts

Jun 27, 2007
Westminster CO
HELP!!!

Going Fking crazy. Who can figure this out.

Copying files...
E: can't chown/mod /system/xbin
(No such file or directory)
E: Failure at line 71:
set_perm_recursive 0 2000 0755 0
6755 SYSTEM:xbin
Installation aborted.

This happens only when trying to update to a hero rom. I actually installed hero with the old JF1.42 spl and it worked. I read on xda that the new spl was tits so I flashed it. Now I have the above issue unless I install an older rom. I even went all the way back to RC29 and re-rooted the device; still the same issue. HELP!!!! Radio is correct as well.

cephaus

Jul 1, 2009
when I connect my SD card to my PC it reads it

when I connect it to my G1 and try to flash it says it cant find the file

any help?

btw using Cm's 1.3.1 recovery

Last edited:

darkphoenix2012

Dec 9, 2006
Not sure what the problem is

I have tried searching and haven't found the information I'm looking for exactly, so if this has been covered before and this question seems redundant I apologize ahead of time. When i go to my recovery menu (home+power) I see at the top of the screen this text " E: Can't open cache/recovery/command " Which could possibly explain the other issue I've been having with my OS saying the SD card is corrupted when I use paragon to make a fat32, ext2/3, and linux swap file. I did what I thought was correct following a step by step sd card format in paragon, but I am still having trouble, and would greatly appreciate any help. I've probably tried at least 3-5 new rom flashes a day, I've become hooked on the whole thing, I'm probably doing it the hard way too re installing all my apps every time I switch over, but I've gotten pretty quick at it too :D
THANK YOU to all the hard working people making these amazing roms in their spare time!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture frame widget not working

im running on jf crb42 1.51 adp with hero theme and apps to sd
    when i try to put a picture frame it wont show up on my home screen
    i have another post with this question on another thread but no reply
    check my post history post
    thanks
    2708 port Donut rom

As suggested in the title, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten any donut roms to work on the new 2708 radio/spl combo by ezterry. I've heard that yongzh's emulators work better on donut roms so I thought I'd like to try it out as they don't run very fast on Froyo.

Thanks in advance :D.
    I have already posted this in the Q&A section, but I think it belongs here (so sorry for double posting!)

---------

Hi,

A little background for you... I bought the phone second hand and it already had a version of Cyanogen installed (a slightly older version).

I installed the latest and all was good with the phone. I left the phone for a few weeks until xmas where I powered it on to make sure all was well before wrapping it for my Dad on xmas eve.

Something wasn't right with the phone, not sure what happened.

So I tried to reinstall the ROM, after that i was getting all sorts of issues. The phone for a start was pressing random keys (mainly '3' if that makes sense).

I went all the way back to RC7 and the phone updated during the night it updated to Android 1.6.

I've tired various ROM's after that and seem to have problems with them all. Cyanogen 6.1 seemed to be the best but wifi just said 'error'.

So I read everything I could and installed a new SPL (danger) and radio. I updated first the radio then the SPL.

After rebooting it gave me the option to wipe (see below), so I did.

I'm now unable to do anything but what is listed below.

I have the following:

DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
    HBOOT-1.33.2005 (DREA11000)
    CPLD-4
    RADIO-2.22.19.26I

I'm having problems recovering the phone. When I power up using the camera button fastboot flashes down a list of files it's looking for and fails to see the DREAIMG.nbh and I get the option:

HBOOT

<BACK> FASTBOOT MODE

If I power the phone on with the home key pressed I get the following:

CLEARSTORAGE

DELETE ALL USER DATA?
    <ACTION> YES
    <POWER> NO

When I select clearstorage I get:

Clear...
    done.
    <SEND> RESET DEVICE

No matter how many different files I try to flash in HBOOT it won't recognise any of them.

I know the SD card works as I use it in my Galaxy S. I always fresh format the card to FAT32 before attempting the NBH flash.

I've searched high and low for an answer to the specific issue but can't find a solution that works.

Any help would be much appreciated as I want to give my Dad a working phone!

Many thanks,

Gary

not sure you are doing it right but seams that you end up with out recovery, if you boot up pressing Hm & Power and dont take you to recovery
    try this:

If you find yourself stuck without recovery!!

Dream
    1) Download: orange-1.58.73.2.nbh (MD5: aca4dee0c1ece7e9773f2ecbdfbba7c0) (mirror)
    2) enter fastboot and run 'fastboot flash nbh orange-1.58.73.2.nbh'
    3) wait for the entire nbh to flash
    4) boot into the bootloader again (it will be an engineering SPL 1.42.2000)
    5) You can now re-flash the radio/hboot/recovery via fastboot that you wish to have installed.

Sapphire (MT3G)
    1) Download SAPPIMG.nbh
    2) enter fastboot and run 'fastboot flash nbh SAPPIMG.nbh'
    3) Continue as per one click (flashreq) root instructions: http://www.getyourdroidon.com/wiki/i...One_Click_Root

from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=831139

and then flash radio, recovery & Spl of your choice, I will do the new Radio/Spl to take advantage of the extra Ram

Hope this help ;)
    If I leave the file as orange***.nbh all I get is:

SD checking...
    Loading...[DREADIAG.ZIP]
    No image!
    SD checking...
    Loading...[DREADIAG2.ZIP]
    No image!
    SD checking...
    Loading...[DREADIAG.NBH]
    No image! or wrong image!

So I need to rename to DREADIAG.NBH?

no need to rename, do you for any chance have the FR-mtd hack? if soo you need to remove it flashing the fr-remove mtd ... something like that
    Ermm.. not sure what that is.

I'll look it up!

This was the last rom I tried before it all went wrong:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=825716

make sure your sdcard is not mounted on pc before flashing (via fastboot) you should be fine to flash this thru fastboot, you alrady flashed radio using it so you'll know

EDIT: should not by a ZIP file... must be .nbh ;)
    orange-1.58.73.2.nbh

type on fastboot: flash (space) <orange-1.58.73.2.nbh "location on pc">