For all the people who have a stock/stock based ROM and want to move to Cyanogenmod!!!
Note: You must have a rooted phone with an unlocked bootloader for this. Search for threads on guides for rooting and unlocking bootloader and finish that first. Try using flashtool for both. Its the easiest method. Search for Flashtool guide.
You are probably still on the Stock Sony Ericsson ROM if you have just unlocked your bootloader. If not, then its best to revert to the stock SE ROM before installing a Cyanogenmod simply because many custom ROMs change the device name, model name etc. found in you device's build properties file (build.prop) Cyanogenmod requires it to be an X10i or X10a.
IF NOT ON STOCK ROM:
Using SEUS/PC Companion
To get back to the SE 2.3.3FW, install SEUS, connect your phone to your PC and once it detects your phone, click on the update software/"your phone is already up to date" or whatever that is shown at the top. If it says it is up to date, click on "repair" and follow the instructions.
You can also edit the build.prop file in /system instead of using SEUS.
Using the build.prop edit method: (MIGHT NOT WORK. I REQUEST SENIOR DEVELOPERS TO VERIFY IF THE METHOD WORKS AS I HAVE NOT TRIED IT MYSELF)
- Download Root Explorer or any other File manager that lets you browse root with RW permissions.
- Go to /system using the file manager and create a backup of the "build.prop" file by simply copying it and pasting it on your sd card. Now open the original "build.prop" file with a text editor (Included in all ROMs)
- Edit the following properties: ro.product.name, ro.product.model, ro.product.device to look like:
ro.product.name=X10ior X10a as per your location.
Restart the phone, go to settings and check the model in about. It should show X10i/X10a depending on the changes you made.
ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Stock SE ROM and kernel
- Unlocked Bootloader
1. Download the CM7/CM9 zip file from the CM thread.
a. Extract the kernel.sin from the CM zip file to any folder on your PC.
b. Open flash tool and under the advance tab, select bundle creation.
c. Now in the box that comes up, navigate to the folder where you extracted the kernel. Select the kernel.sin file shown in the lower left part of the window and click on the "-->" icon.
d. Fill up the device version, branding etc. and click ok. Now it will ask you the device model and then the boot loader status. Select the X10 as device model and click ok. Then select unlocked bootloader click ok.
e. The kernel ftf file has been created and stored in flashtool's default folder.
2. Put the CM7/CM9 zip file as it is onto your sd card along with any appropriate fixes and addons provided on the CM thread.
3. Flash the ftf file that you bundled earlier to your phone using flashtool.
4. Disconnect your phone and switch it on. Press the back button when the purple light comes on.
5. In CWM, format:
a. System (not necessary as the installation is set to do this anyway)
and then mount them (MOUNT SYSTEM, MOUNT DATA, MOUNT CACHE) (not necessary to mount system as the installation is set to do this anyway)
if successful, these options should change to:
(Leave them mounted)
6. Go to Install custom zip and browse down to the ROM file (for example FXP122_update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-es209ra-UNOFFICIAL-signed) and install it.
7. Reboot System. Then play around with the settings for a while and then reboot the phone and get back into recovery mode.
8. wipe cache partition. wipe dalvik cache and then install the fixes/addons.
9. Swtich on the phone and ENJOY!!!!
Q : Why do I need to revert to stock or change the build.pro to X10i / X10a
A : CM needs to recognize your phone as an X10i / X10a.
Q : Can I restore apps with Titanium Backup?
A : Yes you can, but some of the apps may not be supported on ICS.
Q : Can I restore contacts and message?
A : Yes, you can use apps such as My Backup/SMS Backup & Restore etc to do this.
Q : Can I use Cosmic Flow Live Wallpaper?
A : Yes. Someone has posted a working version. Search
Q : Is the ROM Smooth?
A : It is smooth. But it might not be as smooth as some ROMs running on overclocked kernels as the CM kernels aren't overclocked that much.
Q : Is everything working in Cyanogenmod?
A : Check the CM threads for info. As of now Camera is not working on CM9 (ICS) as the sources are not available. No third party app will be able to access camera either.