FORUMS

[Build Guide][Flo/Deb] - Pure AOSP 6.0.0_r1

29,111 posts
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
By Scott, Retired Recognized Developer on 8th October 2013, 12:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th November 2014, 07:05 AM |#1001  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakzapster

Any solution you can suggest this is happening with v4 only I tried your previous builds no such problems

Help me out of this

Sent from my Nexus 7

I honestly do not have a single suggestion.

Build clearly deletes the stock recovery.


When you flash your custom Recovery what do you type exactly?
9th November 2014, 07:05 AM |#1002  
GROGG88's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lone Star State
Thanks Meter: 3,042
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Let me know if that works. I had tried a couple insertion points but never got it to take.
And dont put it at the very end... It will error out for you, lol

Yes, it will work if placed after the unzipping of the target files before they are built into the final zip by releasetools.py. If the goal is to remove them rather than prevent them from being created then we must perform it at that point and delete them from /out/target/product/flo/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/(package name).

The only issue I run into now is that I need to define the script and point things in the right direction. See my screenshot...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2014-11-08 23:05:08.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	3006331  
9th November 2014, 07:07 AM |#1003  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGG88

Yes, it will work if placed after the unzipping of the target files before they are built into the final zip by releasetools.py. If the goal is to remove them rather than prevent them from being created then we must perform it at that point and delete them from /out/target/product/flo/obj/PACKAGING/target_files_intermediates/(package name).

The only issue I run into now is that I need to define the script and point things in the right direction. See my screenshot...

Thats the error I was getting too when I placed it at the very end. Good luck.

I just secure erased my Linux SSD so I could re-install Ubnutu 14.04. The 14.10 was nothing but crash after crash so I will be out of the build game for the rest of the night but will be on XDA.
9th November 2014, 07:14 AM |#1004  
GROGG88's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lone Star State
Thanks Meter: 3,042
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Thats the error I was getting too when I placed it at the very end. Good luck.

I just secure erased my Linux SSD so I could re-install Ubnutu 14.04. The 14.10 was nothing but crash after crash so I will be out of the build game for the rest of the night but will be on XDA.

OT: Been running Ubuntu-gnome14.04 since it was beta. No problems at all! Haven't bothered with 14.10. Good luck getting things back up. I'm done for the night...
9th November 2014, 07:15 AM |#1005  
freakzapster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 347
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

I honestly do not have a single suggestion.

Build clearly deletes the stock recovery.


When you flash your custom Recovery what do you type exactly?

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 7
9th November 2014, 07:31 AM |#1006  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
@scrosler you've made my day! I've no intention of flashing factory images of lollipop after they come out!
PureAOSP is a alot stable and is pre-rooted now with some battery-draining issues(which will get solved later on)
Awesome work!
9th November 2014, 07:55 AM |#1007  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakzapster

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Sent from my Nexus 7

Yes, thats proper. I dont know what to say other than consider a fresh reload of factory images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaayuj

@scrosler you've made my day! I've no intention of flashing factory images of lollipop after they come out!
PureAOSP is a alot stable and is pre-rooted now with some battery-draining issues(which will get solved later on)
Awesome work!

Right on!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 08:29 AM |#1008  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Deb Build for has been reposted!

Deb boots great, everything working great . Stable, faster than previous build (maybe just my imagination). Only problem is root for some reason not working. Thanks again for your hard work.
The Following User Says Thank You to hhairplane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hhairplane Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 08:33 AM |#1009  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhairplane

Deb boots great, everything working great . Stable, faster than previous build (maybe just my imagination). Only problem is root for some reason not working. Thanks again for your hard work.

Root works but it depends on the app

For example; I cannot obtain root with ES File Explorer but can with Root Browser by jrummy.

Apps need to be updated.


But glad I got it right this

Faster... Nah, shouldn't be, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
9th November 2014, 08:35 AM |#1010  
Ambious's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Haifa
Thanks Meter: 483
 
Donate to Me
More
Yup, some apps work with root and some don't.
Guess it's in the hand of the devs now.
9th November 2014, 08:38 AM |#1011  
Scott's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious

Yup, some apps work with root and some don't.
Guess it's in the hand of the devs now.

Yeppers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes