8th October 2013, 07:02 PM |#21  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo
Thanks Meter: 66,510

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkDefender

Thank you very much. Did you figure out the commit in the CM repo that actually solved this issue?

Also, what do you mean by So test flashed the Google stock ROM /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/* files into this AOSP ROM ? Could you elaborate please?

I'd be happy to share anything I get to know about this. Been researching about this too. Thanks.

I have not looked at the CM Repo yet.

What I mean by the statement of keymaster is that I pulled the files from the Google image. I then put them in the AOSP ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:04 PM |#22  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Here are the missing files if this helps you understand better...

Its flashable so you can flash it over top your own AOSP build to fix the issue with the settings...
Attached Files
File Type: zip keymaster.zip - [Click for QR Code] (172.6 KB, 793 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:06 PM |#23  
Flag Reston, VA
Thanks Meter: 6,524

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

I have not looked at the CM Repo yet.

What I mean by the statement of keymaster is that I pulled the files from the Google image. I then put them in the AOSP ROM.

Sweet. Thanks. If you're able to push those changes to your Github as a commit, that'd be nice.
Btw,took care of the troll

Sent from my Nexus 7²
The Following User Says Thank You to TheDarkDefender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheDarkDefender Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:08 PM |#24  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sweet. Thanks. If you're able to push those changes to your Github as a commit, that'd be nice.
Btw,took care of the troll

Sent from my Nexus 7²

I dont have a Git hub. This was my first ever AOSP ROM. I just built it to see what all the fanfare was about.

I have no intent on a Git hub at this time.

Not sure if you saw but I posted the keymaster files in flashable format for you just 2 posts back.

And thanks for de-trolling. There are too many young children on XDA these days, lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
9th October 2013, 12:19 AM |#25  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ah,good luck to you too
Appreciate all the work you do man Cleanrom: The first rom I flashed on my grouper as well as flo. Plus the rom i usually come back to,when i get tired of the fancy stuff lol. Runs like a charm every time,I dont even have questions to ask about in your thread.

Btw,this is the rom I needed the fix for http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447221
Sweet rom,updates have been delayed because of this FC, and a broken update is whats been keeping the lead dev from releasing it. He's responsible for all of it,but he doesnt own the device.So, I just help out wherever i can.

Thanks again,scott.

Did that fix the problem on his ROM?
9th October 2013, 03:06 AM |#26  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Sorry for the noob questions,
- Will we get the update notification as in Google stock ROM by building our own ROM based on Google AOSP base?
- What is the different between Google stock ROM and building own ROM based on Google AOSP base? What is the differentiators?

I'm setting up my Raring's VM now to kick start the build so pardon me the questions if the answer is too obvious hehe.

Thanks.
9th October 2013, 04:04 AM |#27  
Flag Singapore

More
Doing a repo sync right now

Btw, I'm not sure what should I put when I did "repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/a/platform/manifest -b ??" so I just use without -b parameter.

Also it's worth to mention that you have to setup your git first with the following command:

git config --global user.email "[email protected]"
git config --global user.name "Your Name"

and create a ~/.netrc which consist of your git password.

Update:
Syncing work tree: 90% (343/381) fatal: cannot create directory at 'arm-linux-androideabi/lib': No space left on device
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 418, in <module>
_Main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 394, in _Main
result = repo._Run(argv) or 0
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/main.py", line 142, in _Run
result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py", line 657, in Execute
project.Sync_LocalHalf(syncbuf)
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/project.py", line 1080, in Sync_LocalHalf
self._InitWorkTree()
File "/home/hanlint/android/.repo/repo/project.py", line 2059, in _InitWorkTree
raise GitError("cannot initialize work tree")
error.GitError: cannot initialize work tree

[email protected]$#[email protected]#[email protected]!#$%@#%#@%@#$#$^#$% make sure you dedicate a big hard disk space for it else you will suffer the errors above, you have been warned!
9th October 2013, 05:34 AM |#28  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

Doing a repo sync right now

Update:
Syncing work tree: 90% (343/381) fatal: cannot create directory at 'arm-linux-androideabi/lib': No space left on device

[email protected]$#[email protected]#[email protected]!#$%@#%#@%@#$#$^#$% make sure you dedicate a big hard disk space for it else you will suffer the errors above, you have been warned!

Yeah, I was going to say....

1. You are downloading every version of Android when you prolly only want the 4.3_r3.1 base so put that for the repo sync

2. Uncomrpessed that rep is about 18 gigs.
9th October 2013, 05:42 AM |#29  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

Yeah, I was going to say....

1. You are downloading every version of Android when you prolly only want the 4.3_r3.1 base so put that for the repo sync

2. Uncomrpessed that rep is about 18 gigs.

LOL, so I should use 'repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/a/platform/manifest -b 4.3_r3.1' instead?

I will attempt one more time, wish me luck!

9th October 2013, 06:04 AM |#30  
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

LOL, so I should use 'repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/a/platform/manifest -b 4.3_r3.1' instead?

I will attempt one more time, wish me luck!

Yep. unless you want older. But even then I cant say for sure it would really pull the old stuff.

I just repo'ed the latest and that was 4.3_r3.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
9th October 2013, 07:12 AM |#31  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Whats the best way to get TabletUI on this ? Would love to switch from AOKP to AOSP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)